Jump to topic:

Friend Zone

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 2:28:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This post is inspired by imabench's debate about chivalry being dead (http://www.debate.org...), and many complaints I hear from guys in general about women only dating a$$holes.

While it's true that women typically go for a$$holes (and why is irrelevant), women most definitely go for and in fact usually prefer nice guys... Nice, attractive guys that is. Every guy I know that is nice and good looking has a girlfriend (if they want one).

Meanwhile, when guys who aren't particularly handsome can't get girls, they always blame the "a$$hole complex" instead of considering that maybe they're just not that cute and girls can't see themselves being physical with them. It sounds harsh, but the same standard applies to girls except girls most definitely seem to be aware of it (and seem to care more about changing their appearance in order to attract men).

It's an unfortunate phenomenon that ugly a$$hole guys have an easier time getting girlfriends than ugly nice guys. But I just wanted to point out that being nice isn't the sole or even primary factor in attracting a mate, and girls will absolutely not turn down nice guys if they're attractive.

Guys who can't rely on their looks will have to play other cards. The best one is money lol but something less superficial would probably be a good sense of humor. It's probably true that an unattractive guy will have a better chance at picking up a girl by being a douche, because then at least some consider him "tough." But you can emulate a lot of the a$$hole qualities without actually being an a$$hole. It's mostly about confidence and giving off the impression that you don't need the other person (not to be confused with acting like the other person doesn't matter).

Anyway I just felt like throwing that out there. It's simply not true that girls don't like nice guys or ONLY like meanies :)
President of DDO
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 2:44:47 PM
At 5/4/2012 2:28:19 PM, Danielle wrote:
This post is inspired by imabench's debate about chivalry being dead (http://www.debate.org...), and many complaints I hear from guys in general about women only dating a$$holes.

While it's true that women typically go for a$$holes

Whaaaaat?

And, here I am, thinking it was circumstantial.

There's a whhhoooolllle lot of asssholes out there, and really, a lot of those cats that complain that they don't get any because they're "too nice" (lmmfao) are asssholes, too.

I have never, throughout my existence, met a girl that didn't like being treated nice, whether or not I was with her.

It's so funny and sad and repulsive, how poorly most men perform.

But, is that really surprising? Most people are fat, too.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 2:56:48 PM
At 5/4/2012 2:44:47 PM, Ren wrote:

While it's true that women typically go for a$$holes

Whaaaaat?

And, here I am, thinking it was circumstantial.

There's a whhhoooolllle lot of asssholes out there, and really, a lot of those cats that complain that they don't get any because they're "too nice" (lmmfao) are asssholes, too.

I have never, throughout my existence, met a girl that didn't like being treated nice, whether or not I was with her.

It's so funny and sad and repulsive, how poorly most men perform.

But, is that really surprising? Most people are fat, too.

Hah also most people are fat
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 3:11:38 PM
The lesbian brings to the table observations that I've found to be true.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 4:25:36 PM
http://funny.ph...
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 5:41:00 PM
Meanwhile, when guys who aren't particularly handsome can't get girls, they always blame the "a$$hole complex" instead of considering that maybe they're just not that cute and girls can't see themselves being physical with them.:

LOL, the truth hurts.

Guys who can't rely on their looks will have to play other cards. The best one is money lol but something less superficial would probably be a good sense of humor. It's probably true that an unattractive guy will have a better chance at picking up a girl by being a douche, because then at least some consider him "tough." But you can emulate a lot of the a$$hole qualities without actually being an a$$hole. It's mostly about confidence and giving off the impression that you don't need the other person (not to be confused with acting like the other person doesn't matter).:

All of this is truth. Astute observation.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 7:42:00 PM

While it's true that women typically go for a$$holes (and why is irrelevant), women most definitely go for and in fact usually prefer nice guys... Nice, attractive guys that is. Every guy I know that is nice and good looking has a girlfriend (if they want one).

Meanwhile, when guys who aren't particularly handsome can't get girls, they always blame the "a$$hole complex" instead of considering that maybe they're just not that cute and girls can't see themselves being physical with them. It sounds harsh, but the same standard applies to girls except girls most definitely seem to be aware of it (and seem to care more about changing their appearance in order to attract men).

It's an unfortunate phenomenon that ugly a$$hole guys have an easier time getting girlfriends than ugly nice guys. But I just wanted to point out that being nice isn't the sole or even primary factor in attracting a mate, and girls will absolutely not turn down nice guys if they're attractive.

Guys who can't rely on their looks will have to play other cards. The best one is money lol but something less superficial would probably be a good sense of humor. It's probably true that an unattractive guy will have a better chance at picking up a girl by being a douche, because then at least some consider him "tough." But you can emulate a lot of the a$$hole qualities without actually being an a$$hole. It's mostly about confidence and giving off the impression that you don't need the other person (not to be confused with acting like the other person doesn't matter).

Anyway I just felt like throwing that out there. It's simply not true that girls don't like nice guys or ONLY like meanies :)

I have to say that I mostly agree with this post.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227