Jump to topic:

Serious Question For Women

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:40:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Why is it, you dress all hot, and revealing, and TRY to look pretty and stuff......and then get all mad at us when we look at you?!

I mean, for crying out loud, girls at the beach get mad at me when I glance at them, when they have probably a total of 10 Sq In. of clothes on their whole body!

What gives?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
LibertyCampbell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:48:30 PM
At 5/20/2012 11:40:24 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Why is it, you dress all hot, and revealing, and TRY to look pretty and stuff......and then get all mad at us when we look at you?!

I mean, for crying out loud, girls at the beach get mad at me when I glance at them, when they have probably a total of 10 Sq In. of clothes on their whole body!

What gives?

They reserve the right to try and manipulate men on whim, and get offended when they are looked upon as objects. You would be too, if there weren't social stigma that affected your youth to believe that you will always have self-worth by the sanctity of being male. Women don't have that.
"[Society] has no vested interest in continuing to exist." -RP
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:50:19 PM
Only two posts and this thread is already off the rails.
I think this is a new record.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:50:53 PM
At 5/20/2012 11:50:19 PM, Oryus wrote:

Nah, 000ike derailed a thread in the first post once.

LibertyCampbell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:52:32 PM

I don't see how. My answer was legitimate, women are hypocrites. (Generalization fallacy, but give me some slack)
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:57:28 PM
At 5/20/2012 11:52:32 PM, LibertyCampbell wrote:

I don't see how. My answer was legitimate, women are hypocrites. (Generalization fallacy, but give me some slack)

You're only negatively stereotyping an entire gender based on anecdotal observations, but why not? Suuure, here's some slack.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
LibertyCampbell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 11:59:55 PM
At 5/20/2012 11:57:28 PM, Oryus wrote:

You're only negatively stereotyping an entire gender based on anecdotal observations, but why not? Suuure, here's some slack.

It's hardly anecdotal; our entire culture revolves around praise of the female body. Just watch a television commercial. Not even that; just answer the question: Why do you want to look good at all?

And not an entire gender; women in the Middle East have mostly resisted this.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:01:31 AM
Ah Ober. Still trying to understand what no mere mortal, no matter how much Spartan Armor he wears, could possibly fathom to hope to pray to understand. Even God doesn't understand WTF he made.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:02:21 AM
At 5/20/2012 11:59:55 PM, LibertyCampbell wrote:

It's hardly anecdotal; our entire culture revolves around praise of the female body. Just watch a television commercial. Not even that; just answer the question: Why do you want to look good at all?

Right. So the media, which is run almost exclusively by men, and their treatment of the female body somehow affords you the logical capability to generalize the nature of women?

Gotcha.
:
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:02:26 AM

What gives?

See, this all goes back to eve, she was lured by the serpent and thus lured adam. B*tches can be tricky.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:04:33 AM
At 5/21/2012 12:02:26 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

What gives?

See, this all goes back to eve, she was lured by the serpent and thus lured adam. B*tches can be tricky.

99 problems and a b*tch ain't one.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:04:45 AM

What gives?

And then the thread crashed in a fiery explosion, destroying a nearby small town.
:
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:07:32 AM
At 5/21/2012 12:04:45 AM, Oryus wrote:

What gives?

And then the thread crashed in a fiery explosion, destroying a nearby small town.

Tell me you expected differently, and I will laugh harder than I have in a long time.
LibertyCampbell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:07:48 AM
At 5/21/2012 12:02:21 AM, Oryus wrote:

Right. So the media, which is run almost exclusively by men, and their treatment of the female body somehow affords you the logical capability to generalize the nature of women?

Gotcha.

Regardless of what is actually true, this coincides with observations made by me and OberHerr. I did admit that it was a generalization, and thus not applicable everywhere, but it does fit my view of the world, which is based on observations. So far, only a handful of really, really religious girls have contradicted it, but those are easily accountable for.

It's easy to point out that someone is being unfair, but harder to explain the actions of the rest of your sex without disenfranchising them, hmm?
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:08:59 AM
At 5/21/2012 12:07:32 AM, Zaradi wrote:

What gives?

Tell me you expected differently, and I will laugh harder than I have in a long time.

I came here to witness the train wreck, Zaradi. It's just one of those things.
:
LibertyCampbell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:09:12 AM

What gives?

Whatever. I wasn't the one that derailed it; I just gave my opinion on the matter. Your comments are probably the thing derailing it more than anything, given your gender and a lack of response to the OP.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:12:21 AM
At 5/21/2012 12:07:48 AM, LibertyCampbell wrote:
At 5/21/2012 12:02:21 AM, Oryus wrote:

Gotcha.

Regardless of what is actually true, this coincides with observations made by me and OberHerr. I did admit that it was a generalization, and thus not applicable everywhere, but it does fit my view of the world, which is based on observations. So far, only a handful of really, really religious girls have contradicted it, but those are easily accountable for.

It's easy to point out that someone is being unfair, but harder to explain the actions of the rest of your sex without disenfranchising them, hmm?

And then, to the living townspeople's surprise, the train conductor lifted his drunken head from the shattered glass and yelled, "HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS," to what was left of the train patronage who were gathering their dead by the tons to pay their last respects.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:13:41 AM
At 5/21/2012 12:09:12 AM, LibertyCampbell wrote:

What gives?

Whatever. I wasn't the one that derailed it; I just gave my opinion on the matter. Your comments are probably the thing derailing it more than anything, given your gender and a lack of response to the loaded question.

The train conductor then took a few swigs of whiskey, snorting and laughing at the cowering bystanders who ran in fear at the sight of him.
:
LibertyCampbell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:15:20 AM
I don't need to prove anything ontologically, empirical truth is good enough for me.

And so the thread died.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:19:02 AM
At 5/21/2012 12:15:20 AM, LibertyCampbell wrote:
I don't need to prove anything ontologically, empirical truth is good enough for me.

And so the thread died.

When the conductor stopped to gather up supplies (whiskey) for the long haul, some train patrons got out while they could. Others sat idly nursing their injuries, comforted by what was surely a false sense of security....
:
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:20:35 AM
At 5/21/2012 12:19:02 AM, Oryus wrote:

And so the thread died.

When the conductor stopped to gather up supplies (whiskey) for the long haul, some train patrons got out while they could. Others sat idly nursing their injuries, comforted by what was surely a false sense of security....

and then I type something clever about the thread being derailed and we all have a nice laugh.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:21:51 AM
At 5/20/2012 11:50:53 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Wow
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:22:16 AM
At 5/21/2012 12:20:35 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

And so the thread died.

and then I type something clever about the thread being derailed and we all have a nice laugh.

Typically, conductors are not supposed to be on their smartphones while operating a train, but I'm giving a lot of slack today, so you're good.
:
LibertyCampbell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:23:39 AM

And so the thread died.

Well, if you really want to get into it this situation doesn't accurately describe the state of the thread. We are still moving, be it in another direction that attempts to fulfill Oryus' fictional desires. So really, the train simply burst into flames, and the conductor, drunk on whiskey, is trying to move the rest of the people, aside from those who already jumped off, to the back of the train, where they will await their fate.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:25:14 AM
At 5/21/2012 12:21:51 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 5/20/2012 11:50:53 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Wow

It really was. I'll try to dig it up tomorrow.

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:26:35 AM
At 5/21/2012 12:23:39 AM, LibertyCampbell wrote:

And so the thread died.

Well, if you really want to get into it this situation doesn't accurately describe the state of the thread. We are still moving, be it in another direction that attempts to fulfill Oryus' fictional desires. So really, the train simply burst into flames, and the conductor, drunk on whiskey, is trying to move the rest of the people, aside from those who already jumped off, to the back of the train, where they will await their fate.

You're bad at this.
:
LibertyCampbell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:30:34 AM
At 5/21/2012 12:26:35 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/21/2012 12:23:39 AM, LibertyCampbell wrote:

And so the thread died.

You're bad at this.

Shoot me; I actually wanted a discussion.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:32:17 AM
I vote for a new conductor, this one sucks!

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 12:34:53 AM
At 5/21/2012 12:32:17 AM, OberHerr wrote:
I vote for a new conductor, this one sucks!

Hear hear!