Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

The voice of God.

thett3
Posts: 14,344
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:02:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
They recently installed new tornado sirens around a quarter mile from my house. Today, as I was out in the garden the sirens started going off because there was a mild wind (very touchy things they are) so as always, I ignored it.

Around 30 seconds later, I heard from above this massive, deep, omnipotent sounding voice telling me to "Get inside immediately!". So I ran inside, but I tripped and fell (getting the tomatoes crushed all over me) and as I was getting up, it began to rain extremely hard and the wind picked up. I ran inside, terrified for a whole 5 seconds until I realized that the voice had come from the new Tornado sirens. Lol.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:06:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Wow. That's nuts. We definitely don't have a "voice of God" with our tornado sirens haha
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:09:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lmmfao, I like how you became a Christian so hard, you almost sprained your ankle for a couple of seconds there. xD
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:11:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/28/2012 11:02:32 PM, thett3 wrote:
They recently installed new tornado sirens around a quarter mile from my house. Today, as I was out in the garden the sirens started going off because there was a mild wind (very touchy things they are) so as always, I ignored it.

Around 30 seconds later, I heard from above this massive, deep, omnipotent sounding voice telling me to "Get inside immediately!". So I ran inside, but I tripped and fell (getting the tomatoes crushed all over me) and as I was getting up, it began to rain extremely hard and the wind picked up. I ran inside, terrified for a whole 5 seconds until I realized that the voice had come from the new Tornado sirens. Lol.

Lolz. Why personal experiences ARE NOT EVIDENCE.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:24:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You know he was up there just laughing his beard off, too.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:24:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/28/2012 11:11:08 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:02:32 PM, thett3 wrote:
They recently installed new tornado sirens around a quarter mile from my house. Today, as I was out in the garden the sirens started going off because there was a mild wind (very touchy things they are) so as always, I ignored it.

Around 30 seconds later, I heard from above this massive, deep, omnipotent sounding voice telling me to "Get inside immediately!". So I ran inside, but I tripped and fell (getting the tomatoes crushed all over me) and as I was getting up, it began to rain extremely hard and the wind picked up. I ran inside, terrified for a whole 5 seconds until I realized that the voice had come from the new Tornado sirens. Lol.

Lolz. Why personal experiences ARE NOT EVIDENCE.

They are evidence, but not absolute proof.

And one false experience does not negate them all. It is foolish to think that they would.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:29:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Tor...nadoes? Tornado sirens? o_O

Good thing us Californians only have to worry about the ground splitting up beneath us.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:31:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/28/2012 11:29:28 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Tor...nadoes? Tornado sirens? o_O

Good thing us Californians only have to worry about the ground splitting up beneath us.

And hell fire.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:37:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/28/2012 11:24:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:11:08 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:02:32 PM, thett3 wrote:
They recently installed new tornado sirens around a quarter mile from my house. Today, as I was out in the garden the sirens started going off because there was a mild wind (very touchy things they are) so as always, I ignored it.

Around 30 seconds later, I heard from above this massive, deep, omnipotent sounding voice telling me to "Get inside immediately!". So I ran inside, but I tripped and fell (getting the tomatoes crushed all over me) and as I was getting up, it began to rain extremely hard and the wind picked up. I ran inside, terrified for a whole 5 seconds until I realized that the voice had come from the new Tornado sirens. Lol.

Lolz. Why personal experiences ARE NOT EVIDENCE.

They are evidence, but not absolute proof.

And one false experience does not negate them all. It is foolish to think that they would.

Yes, but it is foolish for someone to try and push their beliefs on others using their personal experiences.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:45:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/28/2012 11:37:08 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:24:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:11:08 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:02:32 PM, thett3 wrote:
They recently installed new tornado sirens around a quarter mile from my house. Today, as I was out in the garden the sirens started going off because there was a mild wind (very touchy things they are) so as always, I ignored it.

Around 30 seconds later, I heard from above this massive, deep, omnipotent sounding voice telling me to "Get inside immediately!". So I ran inside, but I tripped and fell (getting the tomatoes crushed all over me) and as I was getting up, it began to rain extremely hard and the wind picked up. I ran inside, terrified for a whole 5 seconds until I realized that the voice had come from the new Tornado sirens. Lol.

Lolz. Why personal experiences ARE NOT EVIDENCE.

They are evidence, but not absolute proof.

And one false experience does not negate them all. It is foolish to think that they would.

Yes, but it is foolish for someone to try and push their beliefs on others using their personal experiences.

Well, if I saw God personally, You bet I would tell people about it. However arguments from personal experience don't tend to be very convincing.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:46:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/28/2012 11:41:20 PM, Zaradi wrote:
God? Psh, that's Mr. T, foo!

I always pictured God being Mr. T.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:56:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/28/2012 11:45:37 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:37:08 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:24:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:11:08 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:02:32 PM, thett3 wrote:
They recently installed new tornado sirens around a quarter mile from my house. Today, as I was out in the garden the sirens started going off because there was a mild wind (very touchy things they are) so as always, I ignored it.

Around 30 seconds later, I heard from above this massive, deep, omnipotent sounding voice telling me to "Get inside immediately!". So I ran inside, but I tripped and fell (getting the tomatoes crushed all over me) and as I was getting up, it began to rain extremely hard and the wind picked up. I ran inside, terrified for a whole 5 seconds until I realized that the voice had come from the new Tornado sirens. Lol.

Lolz. Why personal experiences ARE NOT EVIDENCE.

They are evidence, but not absolute proof.

And one false experience does not negate them all. It is foolish to think that they would.

Yes, but it is foolish for someone to try and push their beliefs on others using their personal experiences.

Well, if I saw God personally, You bet I would tell people about it. However arguments from personal experience don't tend to be very convincing.

Exactly.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 12:07:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/28/2012 11:29:28 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Tor...nadoes? Tornado sirens? o_O

Good thing us Californians only have to worry about the ground splitting up beneath us.

And fires.

no biggie. lol
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 12:09:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/29/2012 12:07:58 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:29:28 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Tor...nadoes? Tornado sirens? o_O

Good thing us Californians only have to worry about the ground splitting up beneath us.

And fires.

no biggie. lol

Watching fire works in summer in California is always especially exciting as the brush fires start below.. Something lacking abut watching them over the lake here in Milwaukee.. but each has their own charm.
Debate.org Moderator
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 12:21:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/29/2012 12:07:58 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:29:28 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Tor...nadoes? Tornado sirens? o_O

Good thing us Californians only have to worry about the ground splitting up beneath us.

And fires.

no biggie. lol

Haha, yeah.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 12:25:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/29/2012 12:09:37 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/29/2012 12:07:58 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:29:28 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Tor...nadoes? Tornado sirens? o_O

Good thing us Californians only have to worry about the ground splitting up beneath us.

And fires.

no biggie. lol

Watching fire works in summer in California is always especially exciting as the brush fires start below.. Something lacking abut watching them over the lake here in Milwaukee.. but each has their own charm.

'Danger' is California's middle name.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 12:32:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/29/2012 12:25:39 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/29/2012 12:09:37 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/29/2012 12:07:58 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:29:28 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Tor...nadoes? Tornado sirens? o_O

Good thing us Californians only have to worry about the ground splitting up beneath us.

And fires.

no biggie. lol

Watching fire works in summer in California is always especially exciting as the brush fires start below.. Something lacking abut watching them over the lake here in Milwaukee.. but each has their own charm.

'Danger' is California's middle name.

I thought drugs was?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 12:33:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/29/2012 12:32:09 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/29/2012 12:25:39 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/29/2012 12:09:37 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/29/2012 12:07:58 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:29:28 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Tor...nadoes? Tornado sirens? o_O

Good thing us Californians only have to worry about the ground splitting up beneath us.

And fires.

no biggie. lol

Watching fire works in summer in California is always especially exciting as the brush fires start below.. Something lacking abut watching them over the lake here in Milwaukee.. but each has their own charm.

'Danger' is California's middle name.

I thought drugs was?

Same thing.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 12:34:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/29/2012 12:33:13 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/29/2012 12:32:09 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/29/2012 12:25:39 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/29/2012 12:09:37 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/29/2012 12:07:58 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/28/2012 11:29:28 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Tor...nadoes? Tornado sirens? o_O

Good thing us Californians only have to worry about the ground splitting up beneath us.

And fires.

no biggie. lol

Watching fire works in summer in California is always especially exciting as the brush fires start below.. Something lacking abut watching them over the lake here in Milwaukee.. but each has their own charm.

'Danger' is California's middle name.

I thought drugs was?

Same thing.

True.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 1:05:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/29/2012 12:39:29 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm sorry, that was actually me. I wanted to see what you would do.

Shhh. Shhh. Shhh. It's okay FREEDO. You don't need that crack. It's going to be just fine.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 1:10:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/29/2012 1:05:05 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 5/29/2012 12:39:29 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm sorry, that was actually me. I wanted to see what you would do.

Shhh. Shhh. Shhh. It's okay FREEDO. Take this cyanide. It's going to be just fine.

What are you trying to do to poor ol Freedo? Sicko.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Calvincambridge
Posts: 1,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 2:53:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
chinesecurl
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2012 11:59:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I often see pictures on the TV of trailer homes in 'Tornado Alley' that have been devastated by twisters.

I think trailer homes are fine as holiday (vacation) homes, in places like England, where the weather is more or less the same all year round (cloudy, mild, a bit breezy sometimes and raining most of the time), but they are not built to withstand the force of nature's most violent storms such as those that occur every year in the southern states of America.

I realise some people can't afford to live in sturdy, brick-built mansions but surely they would qualify for social housing projects?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2012 2:22:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/6/2012 11:59:24 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I often see pictures on the TV of trailer homes in 'Tornado Alley' that have been devastated by twisters.

I think trailer homes are fine as holiday (vacation) homes, in places like England, where the weather is more or less the same all year round (cloudy, mild, a bit breezy sometimes and raining most of the time), but they are not built to withstand the force of nature's most violent storms such as those that occur every year in the southern states of America.

I realise some people can't afford to live in sturdy, brick-built mansions but surely they would qualify for social housing projects?

Social housing programs? In Texas?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus