Jump to topic:

Anyone Interested In...

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:59:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
...Writing an opposing viewpoint for my blog?

I'm kind of looking for a liberal, or a centrist to write a piece about the election or current politics giving my audience a left point of view. I think it'd add flavor and zest to my posts.

If you're interested please message me. I'd be really interested.

It's a good way to get your writing out on the web through a source with over 3k views!
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 11:02:35 PM
I'm not a leftist, but I have certainly have some centrist and even leftist views. (Leftist for social issues. I am becoming more pro welfare).
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 11:04:22 PM
At 5/29/2012 11:02:35 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I'm not a leftist, but I have certainly have some centrist and even leftist views. (Leftist for social issues. I am becoming more pro welfare).

Really? Well if you're interested in writing a piece (just come up with a topic) I'd love to have you!
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 2:52:05 PM
cheese
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
They_Call_Me_Mr_T
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 8:46:58 PM
I'm a Constitutionalist and find that I'm often at odds with those who lean to either the right or left. However, when in agreement we base our positions on wildly different premises.

e.g., in the Gay Marriage debate, I agree with conservatives that gay marriage must not be institutionalized in state laws. Not on the basis of morality or due to a perceived damage to traditional marriage, but on the basis that it opens a Pandora's box to bestow legal credence to a union of people based on a sexual perversion.

Conversely, I agree with progressives that people involved in a non traditional cohabitation deserve legal protections as married couples enjoy. I include gay couples in this group, but not exclusively. Rather, I believe that if protections are to be extended towards non traditional cohabitants, that must be applied more inclusively; i.e. it should accommodate fraternal, paternal, and other life partners. Constitutionally, if laws accept Gay Marriage, it only follows that it will be challenged in court (rightly) because other sexual perversions and/or relationships contrary to social norms would be discriminated against by their exclusion (e.g. pedophilia; bigamy / polygamy; incest; etc.).

I think that my perspective of issues provide a relevant and unique contrast to either positions from the left or right.