Jump to topic:

Clingy Friends

Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:37:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
How do you let someone know that they're being too clingy without hurting feelings? I can't think of any nice way to something that doesn't make me sound like at least a little bit of an a**, but at the same time... clingy friends can get pretty frustrating, so maybe that's necessary. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:37:47 PM
At 5/31/2012 12:37:25 PM, Rusty wrote:
How do you let someone know that they're being too clingy without hurting feelings? I can't think of any nice way to say* something that doesn't make me sound like at least a little bit of an a**, but at the same time... clingy friends can get pretty frustrating, so maybe that's necessary. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Fixed.
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 12:56:07 PM
At 5/31/2012 12:37:25 PM, Rusty wrote:
How do you let someone know that they're being too clingy without hurting feelings? I can't think of any nice way to something that doesn't make me sound like at least a little bit of an a**, but at the same time... clingy friends can get pretty frustrating, so maybe that's necessary. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Well, you do run the risk of hurting their feelings no matter what you say. People are just naturally defensive.
I would just say something like, I'm thinking we should really open up to the world and try making more friends. You should do the same, me and you we are Awesome friends, but we should really try to broaden our circle of friends. I'm gonna call so and so and hang out and you should call who ever yall know and that way we are not socially retarded.

Or
I really just need to find out what I am and who I am. I really need to spend some time to my self to figure myself out.

Making it about you is better then making it about them.
Me
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 2:49:56 PM
c
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
lickdatoenails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2012 2:34:35 PM
Rusty, explain to your friends nicely that you need your own space and that you love them and will be there for them. If they ignore you, then that isn't someone you want to be friends with in the first place.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2012 2:38:24 PM
At 6/6/2012 2:34:35 PM, lickdatoenails wrote:
Rusty, explain to your friends nicely that you need your own space and that you love them and will be there for them. If they ignore you, then that isn't someone you want to be friends with in the first place.

Lol.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2012 2:45:46 PM
Begin to slowly increment your response time vis-à-vis modes of communication.

When speaking in person, become increasingly distant and vague as the days go by.

Eventually, talking to you will be more of a chore than a friendship and any notion of clinging will have been crushed to a fine powder.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.