Jump to topic:

Homosexual Discrimination

TheOrator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 2:34:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Let me just start by saying I'm not gay, I just think this is wrong. I also didn't post this in the religion section because 1.) I have gay friends and this is personal to me and 2.) I didn't want to get trolled by fanatics as much.

So I was checking out the comments on an already discriminatory debate titled "Homosexuality holds no virtue", and found 1.) A person posting an extremely long sermon posting against homosexuality (who shall remain nameless out of common decency) and 2.) A person saying that it is a scholastic cultural consensus that Homosexuality is wrong (which is obviously untrue since it's such a heated topic at the moment. There wouldn't even be debate if there was a consensus), and I found this:

"DO GENETICS CAUSE HOMOSEXUALITY?

Some people will say, "But I was born this way. Since I was a child I was attracted to members of the same sex." To that I will say no, you were born a sinner and that at a young age your sin started to manifest itself. When I was perhaps six, I can distinctly remember going to a store and stealing from the store. I shoplifted for many years after that as well. Does that mean that I was genetically just a born thief or that my behavior should be accepted because I had had those feelings since my childhood? Of course not. Stealing was a sin I committed. It was not who I was."

Now, I live in the middle of Alabama. Literally the geographic and metaphorical center of Alabama, so let's just say I'm used to hearing about Homosexual discrimination. But this comment just struck me as one of those where just have to stop and say "what is wrong with you?". First of all, Homosexuality is not a choice (I can bring up a rebuttal I use orally but I don't even know if anyone will be reading this in the first place), but this person knowingly compared it to breaking both American and Christian law intentionally and acted like she was still better even though she had did it. That made me do a virtual double take, and I was still disgusted by it.
My legend begins in the 12th century
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 3:44:48 PM
What are you trying to achieve by this?
Discrimination always happens to deal with it.
Or are you just ranting about an argument from a debate?
If so link please and I'll make some popcorn...
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
SeanMichael
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 3:53:27 PM
I know someone very close to me who is gay. This is not a sin. However when anyone gives into these urges they then commit a sin. This sin is no worse than any other form of sex outside of marriage, but it is a sn none the less. I believe gay people are called to a life of celibacy. If you fail at staying celibate you must repent and try and not fall into the temptation again. This goes for anyne having sexual relations outside of marriage. There is as you say discrimination as though this was far worse sin than another sexual encounters outside of marriage. This is not true, everyone has their crosses to bear. Each cross is tailored for each and every individual. So you may think why have I got such heavy cross to bear, why can I not have someone elses. The only thing is everyone else is probably thinking the same thing. I am not condemning anyone who is gay, but I am defnitely not condoning it, after all I am sinner the same as anyone else, and I cannot read or know the heart or circumstances of others. Homosexuality is wrong as is adultery try avoid committing these acts or any other grievous sins. If you fall get up dust yourself down and try even harder.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 4:02:53 PM
who cares? I dont. :P
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 4:04:13 PM
I don't think a tremendous amount of people consider homosexuality a sin.

Homosexual acts, on the other hand...
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
TheOrator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 4:20:15 PM
At 5/31/2012 3:44:48 PM, Cobo wrote:
What are you trying to achieve by this?
Discrimination always happens to deal with it.
Or are you just ranting about an argument from a debate?
If so link please and I'll make some popcorn...

Just ranting :)
My legend begins in the 12th century
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 5:42:26 PM
At 5/31/2012 4:02:53 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Ah yes, indeed, Mr. 16k-I-hate-gays-adams. ;)
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:20:27 PM
At 5/31/2012 5:42:26 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 5/31/2012 4:02:53 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Ah yes, indeed, Mr. 16k-I-hate-gays-adams. ;)

;)
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:25:35 PM
homosexuality has no biological basis. When the midwife/doctor takes out the baby they don't say "Hmm this ones a homosexual!"
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:26:12 PM
It is also goes against what our organs were made to do and has a host of dieseases associated with. A complete corruption.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:34:34 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:25:35 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
homosexuality has no biological basis. When the midwife/doctor takes out the baby they don't say "Hmm this ones a homosexual!"

We don't do that because sexuality is much more gray and fluid than ay of us would like to think.

If we were being technical, the vast majority of humans are bisexual.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:37:01 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:26:12 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
It is also goes against what our organs were made to do and has a host of dieseases associated with. A complete corruption.

So does regular sex.

And the only reason why homosexual relationships have a higher rate can very well be applied to its social stigma. Instead of focusing on safe sex all around, we shun homoerotic people to do things in a way that's more secretive, and thereby less safe. It's not as bad as say, 20 years ago, but it's still there.

Also, you have to provide reasoning as to why the use of something against it's so called purpose is wrong, along with proving that the organ actually has that intended purpose.

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:40:19 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:34:34 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

We don't do that because sexuality is much more gray and fluid than ay of us would like to think.

explain
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:41:13 PM

Truth.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:42:07 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:40:19 PM, 16kadams wrote:

explain

If we're using the technical definition of sexuality, it's basically the attractiveness to either gender. The vast majority of people have some level of attraction for both sexes, even if one is small, or nonsexual.

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:43:03 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:42:07 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

explain

If we're using the technical definition of sexuality, it's basically the attractiveness to either gender. The vast majority of people have some level of attraction for both sexes, even if one is small, or nonsexual.

HOW?!?!?!
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:43:23 PM

explain

Proof?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:44:58 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:43:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:

explain

Proof?

Yea, pix or it didnt happen bro
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:46:48 PM
Definition from wikipedia: Sexual orientation describes an enduring pattern of attraction—emotional, romantic, sexual, or some combination of these—to the opposite sex, the same sex, or both sexes, and the genders that accompany them.

I'm looking for studies, but let me put it to you this way: have you ever had a man crush? Or a feeling where you want to be noticed or really want to befriend another man? That's romantic attraction--even if slight.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:48:43 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:46:48 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Definition from wikipedia: Sexual orientation describes an enduring pattern of attraction—emotional, romantic, sexual, or some combination of these—to the opposite sex, the same sex, or both sexes, and the genders that accompany them.

I'm looking for studies, but let me put it to you this way: have you ever had a man crush? Or a feeling where you want to be noticed or really want to befriend another man? That's romantic attraction--even if slight.

Not a man crush.......its wanting friendship, or something. Not romantically.

Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:49:26 PM

When we speak of the terms homosexual, bisexual we are clearly speaking about sexual desires towards the specified genders. To call someone a bisexual despite not having sexual desires towards the specified gender is simply false. Someone cannot be a bisexual if they have non-sexual feelings for the other gender.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:51:26 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:48:43 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Basically; have you ever had any special feeling or attraction toward a man, even if slight? Congratulations, you are technically bisexual. Note that it isn't in reality. In reality, if it was only once, or slight, you're straight. Don't get your manhoods in a twist.

Another bit of proof is the Freudian theory of innate bisexuality, in which we all are born bisexual, but develop either way. BUT, with an inherent or underlying bisexuality always.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:53:23 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:49:26 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:

When we speak of the terms homosexual, bisexual we are clearly speaking about sexual desires towards the specified genders. To call someone a bisexual despite not having sexual desires towards the specified gender is simply false. Someone cannot be a bisexual if they have non-sexual feelings for the other gender.

No, you're twisting semantics, we're talking about sexual orientation, which, as the name implies, covers a range of different types of attraction (romantic, emotional, intellectual, physical, sexual, etc.) to the various SEXES.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:54:31 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:51:26 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Basically; have you ever had any special feeling or attraction toward a man, even if slight? Congratulations, you are technically bisexual. Note that it isn't in reality. In reality, if it was only once, or slight, you're straight. Don't get your manhoods in a twist.

Not really though....thats the thing.

Another bit of proof is the Freudian theory of innate bisexuality, in which we all are born bisexual, but develop either way. BUT, with an inherent or underlying bisexuality always.

What?

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:55:47 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:54:31 PM, OberHerr wrote:

What?

Read it again.

Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:56:28 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:44:58 PM, thett3 wrote:

explain

Proof?

You ever play a sport on a team?
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:56:37 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:55:47 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 5/31/2012 9:54:31 PM, OberHerr wrote:

What?

Read it again.

Basically, the theory goes, we're born bisexual. We go one way or the other, but we always retain an underlying bisexuality.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:57:07 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:56:28 PM, Ren wrote:
At 5/31/2012 9:44:58 PM, thett3 wrote:

explain

Proof?

You ever play a sport on a team?

I wasn't serious, I agree with him. And yes I have, locker rooms are fun ^.^
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:57:44 PM
Could out help me out here, Ren? I'm failing at explaining it.

Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2012 9:59:04 PM
At 5/31/2012 9:53:23 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 5/31/2012 9:49:26 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:

No, you're twisting semantics, we're talking about sexual orientation, which, as the name implies, covers a range of different types of attraction (romantic, emotional, intellectual, physical, sexual, etc.) to the various SEXES.

Your definition is way too loose. I'm not twisting semantics it is standard that when someone talks about heterosexuality and homosexuality, they are speaking of sexual attraction. Physical is essentially the same as sexual BTW.

Under your definition, a straight male student who thinks his male professor is very intelligent and respects him is actually a bisexual.