Jump to topic:

One of my Views on Girls

SuburbiaSurvivor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 4:10:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Other then being all around stellar human beings who can be an absolute joy to be around, I notice that lots (not all) of girls like to talk about their problems, a lot (not all the time, obviously, but most of the time). I've got a friend who just goes on and on about this guy she likes and how he doesn't like her. I used to try and give her advice, but finally I just gave up and started saying things like "Man, that sucks", "I know that feel, doe", and "Don't worry! There's a guy out there who will *insert thing that girl wants done for her* for you!".

Pros: This approach does not require one to actually think of advice. Turns out girls really don't need or want advice!

Cons: Complaint conversations get old after a while. You can keep it going by asking questions, getting a girl to elaborate on every flipping detail of her teen angst, but after a while, those conversations really aren't going to go anywhere.

I've been single for, like, 4 years. So I don't have any ex's to complain about anymore. I suppose I could complain about how a certain crush doesn't like me, but, I mean, eh, why? This makes for some rather one-sided conversations.

Anyone else feel me, or am I forever alone?
"I'm going to tell you something that you're never going to forget, SuburbiaSurvivor. Women... Are just human beings"
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 8:17:09 AM
Yeah. Say " I'm the guy for you." or something like that.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Jon1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:32:39 AM
At 6/3/2012 4:10:03 AM, SuburbiaSurvivor wrote:
Other then being all around stellar human beings who can be an absolute joy to be around, I notice that lots (not all) of girls like to talk about their problems, a lot (not all the time, obviously, but most of the time). I've got a friend who just goes on and on about this guy she likes and how he doesn't like her. I used to try and give her advice, but finally I just gave up and started saying things like "Man, that sucks", "I know that feel, doe", and "Don't worry! There's a guy out there who will *insert thing that girl wants done for her* for you!".

Pros: This approach does not require one to actually think of advice. Turns out girls really don't need or want advice!

Cons: Complaint conversations get old after a while. You can keep it going by asking questions, getting a girl to elaborate on every flipping detail of her teen angst, but after a while, those conversations really aren't going to go anywhere.

I've been single for, like, 4 years. So I don't have any ex's to complain about anymore. I suppose I could complain about how a certain crush doesn't like me, but, I mean, eh, why? This makes for some rather one-sided conversations.

Anyone else feel me, or am I forever alone?

For me, it's not so with just girls.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:37:48 AM
To love is to destroy and to be loved is to be destroyed.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 1:45:35 PM
Ask her if she'd rather b1tch or fvck.

If she says the former, tell her she's full of shlt, and walk away. If she slaps you, tell her you like it like that. If she starts raging about being asked such a query, tell her she answered your question, and walk away.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 3:35:58 PM
I've got a few female friends that fit that description. They tend to be a bit on the naive and self-centered side. My more mature friends understand the dynamics of a working conversation and mutually beneficial relationship.

In either case, I still prefer the company of females over males.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 7:24:24 PM
I wish I could record how many more words per hour my fiance (that's right, I am engaged now) says compared to me. I think a 4:1 ratio is easily viable.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 7:59:14 PM
At 6/3/2012 7:24:24 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I wish I could record how many more words per hour my fiance (that's right, I am engaged now) says compared to me. I think a 4:1 ratio is easily viable.

Congratulations on getting engaged!

Good luck and best wishes...

And for the sake of the theme of this topic.. Always be a good listener.
Debate.org Moderator
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 8:04:32 PM
At 6/3/2012 1:45:35 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Ask her if she'd rather b1tch or fvck.

If she says the former, tell her she's full of shlt, and walk away. If she slaps you, tell her you like it like that. If she starts raging about being asked such a query, tell her she answered your question, and walk away.

HAHAHA XD

This is even better advice than "this d1ck won't suck itself." It really just can't fail.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 8:04:33 PM

You have lost the game.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 9:00:36 PM

Congratulations!
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 9:13:49 PM

Congrats!!!

me: what's the best part of getting a BJ from your fiance?
tv: 2 minutes of silence...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 9:21:10 PM

Gratz!!!
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 9:23:49 PM
At 6/3/2012 9:13:49 PM, bluesteel wrote:

me: what's the best part of getting a BJ from your fiance?
tv: 2 minutes of silence...

Had to sig that.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
SuburbiaSurvivor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:20:58 PM
At 6/3/2012 3:35:58 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I've got a few female friends that fit that description. They tend to be a bit on the naive and self-centered side. My more mature friends understand the dynamics of a working conversation and mutually beneficial relationship.

It's not that bad sometimes. Obviously we all like to complain to each other. But after a while there comes a point when a relationship based on one person complaining a lot isn't really beneficial.

Agreed!
"I'm going to tell you something that you're never going to forget, SuburbiaSurvivor. Women... Are just human beings"
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 2:38:11 PM

Agreed!
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Amann
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 6:39:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Best advice I can offer you....

Do not seek advice on women from this website.. Also be blunt and politely tell your friend that you would rather talk about something more positive. You are not a therapist and you deserve more respect than that my friend...

Hope everything works out for you buddy!
Amann
ZakYoungTheLibertarian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 6:41:54 AM
Having female friends can be really great for you. Just listen to her. She clearly doesn't want your advice, so don't give it to her. No offense but it probably isn't that good anyway. Most people give terrible advice. It's difficult to truly think from another's perspective with their interests in mind. Just listen to her. Let her complain to you.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 11:00:55 AM
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" has still got to be one of my all-time favorites. The look is usually priceless.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -