Jump to topic:

One of my Views on Teenage Boys on DDO

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 8:24:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Other than being all around stellar human beings who can be an absolute joy to talk to, I notice that lots (not all) of the teenage boys on DDO like to talk about their problems, a lot (not all the time, obviously, but most of the time). I can think of a few teenage boys on DDO who just go on and on about some girl they like and how she probably doesn't like him for reason A, B, and C and what should he do? I used to try and give them advice, but finally I just gave up and started saying things like "Just ask her out", "Move on", and "There is no formula to get girls to like you. Everybody is different. Be nice and be yourself and hope it works out."

Pros: This approach does not require one to actually think of individually tailored advice. Turns out the teenage boys on DDO really don't need or want useful advice! They want an elusive 3-step formula for girl-getting that doesn't exist.

Cons: Complaint threads about girl woes get old after a while. You can try to help by asking questions, getting a boy to elaborate on every flipping detail of his teen angst, but after a while, a similar thread will be made and people who received advice before are on the thread concurring with the self-pity and the rubiks cube known as the "human female."

I've been on this site for, like, 6 months. So I've see a lot of these threads. I suppose I could try and explain that "this too shall pass" but , eh, why? This would make for some rather one-sided conversations.

Anyone else feel me, or am I forever alone?

tl;dr Petition for an "I'm a teenage boy. I like this girl but I'm totally clueless. What should I do?" advice thread and flowchart compiled by me and containing many nuggets of wisdom that older, wiser members have shared in past threads. For future generations of DDOans to link to when they just dgaf but still want to be helpful in some way! And for future DDOan teenage boys who would like to be soothed by a flowchart that gives them advice as well as the illusion of their ability to have a love life that can be worked out like a math problem!

http://xkcd.com...
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 8:59:28 PM
Lol. I like the response to the other thread. The attitude you showed is also why I only ask certain members questions when I have them. I know I can trust thrm to help me out.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 10:17:20 PM
At 6/3/2012 9:17:23 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 6/3/2012 8:24:27 PM, Oryus wrote:

http://xkcd.com...

more fun math

http://deanhunt.com...

Pet peeve, it should be Women = Money + Time.

I know its a joke. Still, I worry how many people will be unable to solve math word problems because of this.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 10:23:39 PM
I dunno, in my experience money and time show more exponential growth in relationships, not linear growth.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 10:28:48 PM
At 6/3/2012 10:23:39 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I dunno, in my experience money and time show more exponential growth in relationships, not linear growth.

So
Girls = (Money*Time)*(dgirls)?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 10:40:54 PM
At 6/3/2012 10:28:48 PM, darkkermit wrote:

So

Helping teenage boys with romantic woes? No, no, no, back to the point: Value statements on women.
I think we've gotten to the root of all this. All romantic relationships are futile because women are evil.

Give up or go gay, boys!
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 10:44:29 PM
naw, gay guys are even more likely to want you to buy them expensive clothes.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 10:45:32 PM
At 6/3/2012 10:44:29 PM, bluesteel wrote:
naw, gay guys are even more likely to want you to buy them expensive clothes.

I assume you're speaking from experience?

;)
:
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 10:47:55 PM
actually, being gay seems like it'd be way cheaper. I went to a gay bar once with one of my gay friends and 3 guys offered to buy me drinks. Kind of a nice change of pace.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 10:49:13 PM
this hole seems to be getting deeper

^^also not helping
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 10:50:24 PM
At 6/3/2012 10:47:55 PM, bluesteel wrote:
actually, being gay seems like it'd be way cheaper. I went to a gay bar once with one of my gay friends and 3 guys offered to buy me drinks. Kind of a nice change of pace.

haha! You tease.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 10:59:01 PM
At 6/3/2012 10:55:26 PM, tulle wrote:
Do straight guys actually buy girls drinks? I feel like that only happens in movies.

I bet it depends on where you are. I've spent half the money I expected to spend at a bar a few times because dudes were buying me drinks.

They like it when you put red chemical-paste on your lips and wear a sundress. Apparently that shitz the bees knees.
:
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:00:01 PM
Do straight guys actually buy girls drinks? I feel like that only happens in movies.

Yeah, I see it in bars all the time. Creepers often walk up to random girls and just offer to buy them drinks, as if that'll be an in. It's nice to go out in groups with attractive girls because they'll say "and get one for my friend too" and then hand me the other one.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:02:15 PM
At 6/3/2012 10:59:01 PM, Oryus wrote:

I bet it depends on where you are. I've spent half the money I expected to spend at a bar a few times because dudes were buying me drinks.

They like it when you put red chemical-paste on your lips and wear a sundress. Apparently that shitz the bees knees.

I've only recently realized that guys don't buy me things. I pay for a lot of crap. The "independant woman" thing is getting old for me :p
yang.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:04:22 PM
At 6/3/2012 11:02:15 PM, tulle wrote:

I've only recently realized that guys don't buy me things. I pay for a lot of crap. The "independant woman" thing is getting old for me :p

Yeah, I got that whole "independent woman" thing goin on. I feel ya. lol
My boyfriend and I take turns paying for stuff. It's just as fun to take care of someone as it is to be taken care of :)
:
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:04:53 PM
At 6/3/2012 11:00:01 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Yeah, I see it in bars all the time. Creepers often walk up to random girls and just offer to buy them drinks, as if that'll be an in. It's nice to go out in groups with attractive girls because they'll say "and get one for my friend too" and then hand me the other one.

That's literally never happened to me lol But that's lucky.
yang.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:05:00 PM
At 6/3/2012 10:40:54 PM, Oryus wrote:

So

Helping teenage boys with romantic woes? No, no, no, back to the point: Value statements on women.
I think we've gotten to the root of all this. All romantic relationships are futile because women are evil.

Give up or go gay, boys!

Im never going gay
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:06:24 PM
At 6/3/2012 11:05:00 PM, 16kadams wrote:

So

Give up or go gay, boys!

Im never going gay

Well, you can't go gay. So you're safe.
:
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:06:44 PM

You just gotta work it, girl. Next time a guy talks to you at a bar, just finish your drink, bat your eyelashes, and say "do you mind getting me another drink." Then as soon as he does, say, "oh my friends are over there, I'll talk to you later."
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:07:53 PM
At 6/3/2012 11:04:22 PM, Oryus wrote:

My boyfriend and I take turns paying for stuff. It's just as fun to take care of someone as it is to be taken care of :)

Yeah I wish. I was just about to make a thread on how nice girls finish last but decided against it. I've been way too nice in all my relationships and have decided it's time to be a b*tch.
yang.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:08:04 PM
At 6/3/2012 11:06:24 PM, Oryus wrote:

So

Give up or go gay, boys!

Im never going gay

Well, you can't go gay. So you're safe.

Good
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:08:39 PM
At 6/3/2012 11:06:44 PM, bluesteel wrote:

You just gotta work it, girl. Next time a guy talks to you at a bar, just finish your drink, bat your eyelashes, and say "do you mind getting me another drink." Then as soon as he does, say, "oh my friends are over there, I'll talk to you later."

I never try to get guys to buy me drinks. But it usually happens when I go up to the bar to buy a drink, and while I'm pinched between people waiting for the bartender and making small talk with some dude, he'll buy it for me.
:
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:08:44 PM
At 6/3/2012 11:06:44 PM, bluesteel wrote:

lmao!
yang.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:08:45 PM

Im never going gay

Then never go to prison. Then you'd definitely see firsthand that it's "not a choice."
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 11:09:14 PM
At 6/3/2012 11:07:53 PM, tulle wrote:
At 6/3/2012 11:04:22 PM, Oryus wrote:

Yeah I wish. I was just about to make a thread on how nice girls finish last but decided against it. I've been way too nice in all my relationships and have decided it's time to be a b*tch.

hahaha XD Surely, there's a happy medium.
: