Send a Message
6/11/2012 1:16:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
- No drama.
- NO Drama.
- No loss of money.
- Emotional freedom.
- You can have tons of female friends.

I honestly think I'm one of the only guys on DDO who is single, and likes it.
"I'm going to tell you something that you're never going to forget, SuburbiaSurvivor. Women... Are just human beings"
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 1:47:06 AM
At 6/11/2012 1:16:35 AM, SuburbiaSurvivor wrote:
- No drama.
- NO Drama.

If you have any responsibilities, goals, or relationships in your life whatsoever, you have drama. All things considered, romantic stress is probably on the lower end of the scale of daily stresses when you're in a positive relationship. In fact, romantic relationships probably do more to alleviate other areas of aggravation than any other manner of relationship.

- No loss of money.

That's a wash. Partners often put in equal percentages of resources, which obviously aren't limited to money. When you're on your own, you're paying your own way 100% of the time and you don't have access to an entirely different perspective and set of skills and goods. Not to mention the fact that when you're spending money on a partner, you're almost always getting some kind of return on that (e.g. positive emotions, enjoyable experiences).

- Emotional freedom.

I don't know what this means.

You can have that at any time. Besides, generally significant others > friends in terms of emotional and psychological fulfillment, so that's not really a benefit.

There's nothing wrong with being single and it obviously have benefits but come on. Nothing compares to the right relationship.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 3:36:02 AM
What I miss about being single:

No accountability, or at least far less. I can go where I want when I want without it being a project.
Decision making is done unilaterally (if they so choose), which is quick and more efficient.
Sex is more of an adventure when there is someone new and prospects are okay to pursue.
Solitude is more attainable (something I crave).

The benefits of being attached:

Vacations are more fun when you have someone to go with you.
Being in love with someone who loves you makes you more happy.
Sleeping next to someone you love every night is just a wonderful thing.
Sharing your life with someone who shares theirs with you expands your understanding of the world in only a true loving relationship can do.
Less self centered.
Having someone who wants to make you happy as much as you want to make them happy is a beautiful thing.
Knowing that, no matter how bad things can be, you have someone that will be with you and help you through the bad periods.
Loneliness is usually not much of a problem.
Love changes your priorities, so that more shallow desires are less valued than the relationship that you cherish.

There are probably loads more that are just not coming to my mind.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 10:45:08 AM
I don't get into those type of relationships anymore, I just pimp.

Therr ain't no suvh thing as love, chasing after it will give you misery.

Nothing is worse than dealing with men who have sold their souls, and go against what they believe for some poon.

I personally find the level of fixation that guys have to be pathetic. Go jerk off or something, and forget about it.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 10:48:05 AM
Also, being single is much more enjoyable than being in a relationship for me. I only truly feel unstable and depressed when I'm attached to a girl. You'd think it'd be the opposite, but I just prefer to have freedom.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 4:11:52 AM
At 6/11/2012 10:48:05 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Also, being single is much more enjoyable than being in a relationship for me. I only truly feel unstable and depressed when I'm attached to a girl. You'd think it'd be the opposite, but I just prefer to have freedom.

Wow, you must have had some pretty crappy relationships.

A true union of two shouldn't detract from who you are, but add, and a guy need not be dopey-eyed compromising his ideals for another, but combining his ideals with another. When one person wants the other to be happy and this is equally reciprocated it's a beautiful thing, and you know a new happiness, and a new freedom. I am a far better person for being in love, and sustaining this love for about 10 years now than I was before. You cannot judge that which you haven't truly experienced, particularly in this area. To give yourself completely without reservation to another person, and they give unto you the same is a sublime experience; something that will forever change you, and make you better. To go from I to us is unlike any other experience as a human being.
Aayu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 11:44:55 AM
I think people focus on people a lot more than they should. Your happiness shouldn't depend on what the other person does, or does not do.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 12:11:38 PM
Relationships are nice for a little while, when they work.

The problem is, I don't like bs, I don't believe in love, and I don't like people telling me what I can or can't do. You will never have my constant attention, I'm going to hang out with friends, and I'm going to put music before our relationship.

I'm a very dominant personality, I gladly please tbe person I'm with sensually, above and beyond what most people do(so I hear), and I do like to spend time and by things for the person I'm with... but I think on a different level than people. My way of thinking is alien. I can't relate to people. No matter who I am with, I am alone with myself, and I'm fine witb that. I'm not attached enough. The things that most people take very seriously are ridiculous to me
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 12:49:48 PM
I'm single.......
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 5:10:03 PM
At 6/11/2012 1:16:35 AM, SuburbiaSurvivor wrote:
- No drama.
- NO Drama.
- No loss of money.
- Emotional freedom.

lol

Well, none of THAT kind of drama, anyway.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.