Jump to topic:

Should Prostitution Be Legal *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 10:42:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Now some people have many different definitions of what a real prostitute is and should be. But in this case, you have college girls who call themselves
Sugar Babies. These are beautiful young Women who date Men, mainly older Men for some sort of financial support or gain. Now before you saying anything, perhaps you should listen to what these ladies had to say about this issue. Note, the issue is about an exchange and what takes place afterwards.
Can you really say that they are involved in some type of prostitution here ?
Really ? Explain then.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 10:45:37 AM
At 6/11/2012 10:42:29 AM, inferno wrote:
Now some people have many different definitions of what a real prostitute is and should be. But in this case, you have college girls who call themselves
Sugar Babies. These are beautiful young Women who date Men, mainly older Men for some sort of financial support or gain.
That's not prostitution . . .

I honestly am conflicted about this issue. On one hand, I do think that people should have control of their bodies. On the other hand, prostitution degrades women and preys on poor women particularly.
Now before you saying anything, perhaps you should listen to what these ladies had to say about this issue. Note, the issue is about an exchange and what takes place afterwards.
Really ? Explain then.

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 10:48:32 AM
At 6/11/2012 10:45:37 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Sugar Babies. These are beautiful young Women who date Men, mainly older Men for some sort of financial support or gain.

I honestly am conflicted about this issue. On one hand, I do think that people should have control of their bodies. On the other hand, prostitution degrades women and preys on poor women particularly.

You ever wonder if that's a consequence of it being illegal?

Take for example, the Renaissance Courtesan.

Now before you saying anything, perhaps you should listen to what these ladies had to say about this issue. Note, the issue is about an exchange and what takes place afterwards.
Really ? Explain then.

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 10:50:00 AM
I don't care, either way it'll be done.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 10:50:10 AM
At 6/11/2012 10:48:32 AM, drafterman wrote:

You ever wonder if that's a consequence of it being illegal?

Take for example, the Renaissance Courtesan.

That's an interesting idea. Ok, I'm convinced.

Yes, it should be legal.
Really ? Explain then.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 10:50:42 AM

Wouldn't you say that the entrapment of poor women to a life of crime and abuse due to the fact that prostitution is illegal tips the balance in favor of legalization? It's been shown that after being convicted for prostitution, these women are practically blacklisted and condemned to more crime.

Furthermore, illegalization prevents a redress of abuse. If they're being pimped, they cannot complain to the police, as it's self incriminating.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 10:52:04 AM

Really ? Explain then.

Yes, you are right. But there was a feminist on the show claiming that these Women were victims of manipulation and were being used.
I just think they did what they wanted to do, and owned up to their ways.
Sometimes other Women have a difficult time dealing with that terrible truth, and what they are capable of doing when it comes to sex.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 10:53:11 AM
At 6/11/2012 10:50:42 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Wouldn't you say that the entrapment of poor women to a life of crime and abuse due to the fact that prostitution is illegal tips the balance in favor of legalization? It's been shown that after being convicted for prostitution, these women are practically blacklisted and condemned to more crime.

Furthermore, illegalization prevents a redress of abuse. If they're being pimped, they cannot complain to the police, as it's self incriminating.

These Women are not being objectified, or victimized by an abuser.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 11:09:28 AM
I just have to ask. Does the fact that you put this in the personal section mean its current illegal status has a personal effect on your life?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 11:10:36 AM
At 6/11/2012 11:09:28 AM, phantom wrote:
I just have to ask. Does the fact that you put this in the personal section mean its current illegal status has a personal effect on your life?

No. Nice try though. Must you intellectuals always resort to psychological analysis. Give yourself a break for a change.
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 1:48:05 PM
Yes, it should be legal for obvious reasons. Its human kind's oldest profession, and people will want it regardless of its legality. Australia has prostitution legalized across the board (Western Aussie states don't allow brothels, Estern Aussie states are brothels only) and it's working pretty well.
turn down for h'what
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 1:52:49 PM
At 6/11/2012 1:48:05 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
Yes, it should be legal for obvious reasons. Its human kind's oldest profession, and people will want it regardless of its legality. Australia has prostitution legalized across the board (Western Aussie states don't allow brothels, Estern Aussie states are brothels only) and it's working pretty well.

While I agree with your position, I have to ask. Why does the fact that people want and will use prostitutes make it okay for prostitution to be legal? Could the same be said for contract killing?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 1:55:10 PM

Didn't The Big Bang theory determine that fishing had to be the world's oldest profession, as you would have needed some form of currency with which to pay the prostitutes?
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 1:58:06 PM
At 6/11/2012 1:55:10 PM, drafterman wrote:

Didn't The Big Bang theory determine that fishing had to be the world's oldest profession, as you would have needed some form of currency with which to pay the prostitutes?

I think it was How I Met Your Mother.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.