Jump to topic:

I Love a Good Work Out

MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 2:30:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Nothing like a nice 10 mile afternoon bike ride, am I right? If you work out post what you did today/tomorrow/whenever here and brag/share some good work outs.

Today I did a 10 mile bike ride.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 3:04:14 PM
I did Insanity, then I went to the gym and did 30 minutes of elliptical and worked my biceps.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 3:35:36 PM
I eat ice cream. Hey: spoons can be heavy!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
SeanMichael
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 9:56:11 AM
I drove to work yesterday which took an hour then done 12 hour shift, then drove home again. My work is quite physical, but I somehow found no time for exercise.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:51:52 AM
Ohhhh MAN, I just had an experience like this.

So, I am really into biking... kinda passionate about it. Never did anything with it, but I'm no stranger to 20 and 40 mile rides.

But, I had a couple of injuries lately, most recently, really twisted the shiit out of my ankle, like, damn, it felt like I broke it and it bulged it two different places...

I've been out of commission for a while.

So, the swelling hasn't completely gone down yet, but I can walk on it just fine, so I wanted to get myself reconditioned to get back on my bike. And, I got on this elliptical I have and just went for like, 20 minutes straight, no stopping, 2 and a half miles, on the highest setting (it's not that hard) at 50 to 60 rpm. I was drenched in sweat, man, I haven't had a workout like that in ages.

That was intense.

I want to do it again to day, but I'm kinda sore.

But, I think I'm gonna do it again. :3
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 11:22:40 AM
My favourite thing to do is the treadmill. Typically I go 3.5 mph on an inclined plane for 5 mins to warm up, then 7.5 mph for 15 min, then cool down for 5 more minutes. I nearly died a couple of days ago, decided to push myself and go 8.5 mph for the last minute. Never again :(

I do yoga also... sometimes I use the machines at the gym but I don't really know how to use most of them lol. Lately I've been playing a lot of Just Dance 3 and that's kind of a workout.
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 11:25:18 AM
At 6/15/2012 10:51:52 AM, Ren wrote:
Ohhhh MAN, I just had an experience like this.

So, I am really into biking... kinda passionate about it. Never did anything with it, but I'm no stranger to 20 and 40 mile rides.

But, I had a couple of injuries lately, most recently, really twisted the shiit out of my ankle, like, damn, it felt like I broke it and it bulged it two different places...

I've been out of commission for a while.

So, the swelling hasn't completely gone down yet, but I can walk on it just fine, so I wanted to get myself reconditioned to get back on my bike. And, I got on this elliptical I have and just went for like, 20 minutes straight, no stopping, 2 and a half miles, on the highest setting (it's not that hard) at 50 to 60 rpm. I was drenched in sweat, man, I haven't had a workout like that in ages.

Wtf?? My 20-min treadmill has me finishing at about 2.5 miles and I'm runing as fast as I can for most of it :/

That was intense.

I want to do it again to day, but I'm kinda sore.

But, I think I'm gonna do it again. :3

Working out is like drinking too much. Afterward you feel like you're gonna die and you swear you'll never do that again... and then you do it again :p
yang.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 12:13:45 PM
I am training for a half marathon in early July, so today I had a speed workout.

I ran a 1 mile warm up, 3 miles at 6:30 or faster with 2 800 meter jogs in-between the miles, and then another 1 mile cool down. So a total of 6 miles, but it is/was 85 degrees out when I ran, so it was the wrong time of day to run.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 5:21:50 PM
Did some insane cardio and plyometrics with Insanity, followed up with a Navy SEAL pull-up routine for back and bi's.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 5:51:26 PM
At 6/15/2012 11:25:18 AM, tulle wrote:

Wtf?? My 20-min treadmill has me finishing at about 2.5 miles and I'm runing as fast as I can for most of it :/

Well, I wasn't jogging. :P

Working out is like drinking too much. Afterward you feel like you're gonna die and you swear you'll never do that again... and then you do it again :p

Helllll nooooo.

You're kidding.

Drinking too much is literally like exercise backwards to me.

At first, it feels great, and you are just on top of the world. Then, you get too into it and it turns into a situation. You're not even having fun anymore, because you're spending most of your focus and energy on maintaining control.

Then, if you really went overboard or didn't eat that day, there's the toilet hugging.

Then, there's the worst part, the crux -- the hangover. Man, that shiit is worse than the flu. Your stomach hurts and you're sore and you have a horrible headache and no one feels sorry for you.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 5:54:06 PM
Exercising, on the other hand, is the exact opposite. It hurts and you're in pain and your stomach hurts and your whole body is burning, and to add to it, you're uncomfortably drenched in salty sweat (which is itchy) in all the wrong places.

Then, there's the comedown, when you can't walk and you're shaking all over and you're a little nauseous.

Then, there's the endorphin dump and your limbs do numb and you feel sooooo goooood.

Then you get hungry and if you eat a good meal, you can just kick back and melt into something watching a move.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 11:23:25 PM
At 6/15/2012 5:51:26 PM, Ren wrote:
At 6/15/2012 11:25:18 AM, tulle wrote:

Well, I wasn't jogging. :P

I meant you were going that fast on the highest resistance? :/ insane.

Helllll nooooo.

You're kidding.

Drinking too much is literally like exercise backwards to me.

At first, it feels great, and you are just on top of the world. Then, you get too into it and it turns into a situation. You're not even having fun anymore, because you're spending most of your focus and energy on maintaining control.

Then, if you really went overboard or didn't eat that day, there's the toilet hugging.

Then, there's the worst part, the crux -- the hangover. Man, that shiit is worse than the flu. Your stomach hurts and you're sore and you have a horrible headache and no one feels sorry for you.

I've never been drunk so I don't know the feeling lol. I'm just going based on other people complaining during their hangover tbat they'll never drink again lol
yang.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 12:10:10 AM
At 6/14/2012 2:30:39 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
Nothing like a nice 10 mile afternoon bike ride, am I right? If you work out post what you did today/tomorrow/whenever here and brag/share some good work outs.

I think an Orgy where you gave all the guys the wrong address so it is you, and 7 women that get incredibly bi-curious after only 1 shot Fluff Vodka. But the bike ride comes in a close~ish second.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 12:10:46 AM
At 6/16/2012 12:10:10 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/14/2012 2:30:39 PM, MrBrooks wrote:

I think an Orgy where you gave all the guys the wrong address so it is you, and 7 women that get incredibly bi-curious after only 1 shot Fluff Vodka. But the bike ride comes in a close~ish second.

Then I woke up...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 9:02:45 AM
At 6/15/2012 11:22:40 AM, tulle wrote:
My favourite thing to do is the treadmill. Typically I go 3.5 mph on an inclined plane for 5 mins to warm up, then 7.5 mph for 15 min, then cool down for 5 more minutes. I nearly died a couple of days ago, decided to push myself and go 8.5 mph for the last minute. Never again :(

LoL! The final sprint! It is truly painful. The degree of willpower you need for that is just as much an exercise as the physical activity itself.

Your pace is pretty fierce.

I do yoga also... sometimes I use the machines at the gym but I don't really know how to use most of them lol. Lately I've been playing a lot of Just Dance 3 and that's kind of a workout.

LOL, what is that game like?

Wow, that's funny... I consider it kind of embarrassing that I spent a couple of years using DDR to exercise.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 9:23:51 AM
Oh man, so it happened again.

But, this time, I was getting ready to get back on the elliptical, when my bike, Mitsu, looked up at me with disdain. It was as though she interpreted my reconditioning as some sort of negligence, or even as some sort of substitution. I stopped and, after eyeing her pretty yellow wheels, I let my eyes wander to the light cascading through my shades and pouring into the room, flooding it with light and warmth.

I knew it was gonna hurt. Riding is much, much different than the elliptical. But, I had to. I had to feel the pavement. Besides, the sooner I get into it, the sooner I can really start enjoying it. It can take a few times. Sometimes a couple. Others, up to five or ten rides before my body is back to where it needs to be.

Lol, well, feeling the pavement was an understatement. I almost forgot all of the near-death experiences that come along with riding. But, then again, adrenalin actually feels good to me...

I actually ended up getting lost, but it wasn't as though I really tried to prevent it. I was on some secluded highway for a time, the sort that would make you slightly nervous in a car when you're tank is at less than half, because there likely was no gas for miles and miles. But, I felt nothing but bliss. Ahhh, getting up there was like climbing a fvcking mountain. My God. I was climbing for like 20 minutes straight. Wtf. And, we're not just talking, 10, 20 degrees. We're talking like, 40 to 50 degree inclines in places.

But then, it was nothing but the outer suburbs and rich estates, recessed so deeply in gratuitous real estate that the highway itself is nothing but a scar of asphalt amid trees and foliage. The shoulder was handsomely broad, too, giving me some space to relax in while cars pass me by.

After a while, I started doubling back, which was more rolling hills with quite pleasant descents. As I drew deeper into town, though, and it became much more densely populated, I was doing a lot of bobbing and weaving to avoid people, cars, and general hindrances like lamposts and mailboxes.

I was about 5-6 miles away from home at this point, and my legs just stopped working.

I mean, I had definitely gotten to that point where, getting out of breath was no longer an issue. You know, once you clear the first wall. It's fascinating -- I wonder how it physiologically works. It's like, you're out of breath, and more, and more, and you're like, gonna die, and you can't breathe, and you're gonna pass out, and suddenly, your breath is rhythmic and even and relatively light, and it stays like that indefinitely.

Man, that shiit is awesome. It's so hard to get, though. Like I said -- it takes me like 20 minutes.

ANYway, I had long since gotten that, so as long as I didn't stop for too long, I was never going to get out of breath, no matter how fast I went. But, my legs had like, no juice left. They literally gave me some sensation that was almost anthropomorphic -- "nah, man, no more." I was like, "uh oh," Because 5 miles is no sweat on a bike, but if your legs are giving out, it kinda sounds like an eternity.

Man. Both calves at on point each both threatened to lock up...

But, I made it home.

I don't even know how I'm not dying today. But, I'm alright...
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 10:05:01 AM
At 6/16/2012 9:02:45 AM, Ren wrote:

LoL! The final sprint! It is truly painful. The degree of willpower you need for that is just as much an exercise as the physical activity itself.

Your pace is pretty fierce.

Tell me about it haha

LOL, what is that game like?

Well, I don't really like a lot of the music. But the ones I do like are SO fun. They've got "Take On me", "Jump On it", "Baby One More Time" and a few other nostalgic ones. I can't dance but attempting to do so burns a lot of calories :p

Wow, that's funny... I consider it kind of embarrassing that I spent a couple of years using DDR to exercise.

Haha Maybe I should be embarrassed about it!
yang.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 8:32:07 AM
Finished a 12 mile run nonstop - morning run.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Aayu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 12:17:31 AM
I did 10 rounds of a half a kilometer walk, with 4 runs.

And I didn't want to kill the bast@rd going really smoothly just in front of me after the 5th round.

I think I'm getting better at this 'loving the workout' thing.