How to get rid of this guy!!!!

Laffytaffy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 5:11:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hi All,

I need some advice. Can you read this scenario I got myself into and tell me what I should do.

I recently signed up for this dating site and made a ton of friends. Then there was this one guy who started talking to me. Me, being the nice girl I am, decided to talk to him. He's 2 years older than me and lives in the neighborhood.

The first problem that I had with him was that he had no pictures, so it was hard making a connection without seeing who I was talking to. I asked if he could send me some if he didn't want to put any online but refused. At this point I decided we would just be online buddies.

After about a month of talking, he finally asked me if we wanted to meet. I kept on putting it off since he didn't want to show any pictures. Everyday he persuaded me to meet him. In the end, I decided that we could meet at the McDonald's that was in our neighborhood. He wouldn't be able to see where I lived and probably won't run into each other since I barley go there. And i figured it was better than were he wanted to meet; "his house". Not trying to get into any trouble lol.

Anyways, here is were the problem started. I drove to McDonald's and met him. When I saw him I immediately wanted to leave, but I'm not like that. I sat where he was and he was HIDEOUS. He was extremely fat, hairy, and had the weirdest accent. I was completely turned off at that point, but decided to eat my meal.

After we ate, he insisted that I come back to his place, but I refused. He accepted but then had the nerve to ask for a kiss. I said no, then he started begging like some pervert. I went back to being nice and said "I don't kiss on the first date, maybe next time."

I finally was able to leave and I circled around the neighborhood and parked a few times just to be sure he doesn't follow me and find out where I live.

Anyways, after that, I told myself I would never meet up with someone unless I see their face first. Now my issue is, this person keeps on messaging me asking when I would see him again. Everyday, he would send me messages, asking. And I'm a nice person so I don't want to completely stop talking to him. I rather him just leave me alone. Sometimes he even gets mad at me for the excuses I make, cause I always tell him "I busy, maybe next week". And this has been going on for a while

WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET RID OF HIM.

P.S. He has my number so not only does he message me online everyday, he also texts me everyday. Im so tired of him

Thanks for the advice :)
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 5:12:34 PM
Burn down his house with lemons and drag him away from the wreckage, only to bludgeon him to death with a cat.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Laffytaffy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 5:19:37 PM
At 6/16/2012 5:12:34 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Burn down his house with lemons and drag him away from the wreckage, only to bludgeon him to death with a cat.

Your so bad. Haha....I think i'll try with a spoon though, for a slower death.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 5:43:41 PM
Basically, listen to people when they say "don't fvcking meet up with people you haven't seen before, nor know who they are, nor know if you certainly want to meet them again".
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Laffytaffy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 5:50:40 PM
At 6/16/2012 5:43:41 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Basically, listen to people when they say "don't fvcking meet up with people you haven't seen before, nor know who they are, nor know if you certainly want to meet them again".

Yes, I realized that was my mistake and something like this won't happen again. He just talked like such a nice person and we could have been the best of friends. I was even starting to like him up to the point were I saw him. Now I don't know how to get him to leave me alone.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 5:59:33 PM
One word: Pepper Spray

Use if he tries to meet up with you too much again.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
TheOrator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 6:25:12 PM
Do they have a block feature? A way where youc an still be friends but just not see his communications? If not, just unfriend the bastard. It's one thing to be friendly, but if it's to the point where you're getting harrassed it's your own safety you need to keep in mind rather than the feelings of the stalker.

Hopefully once you unfriend him he'll get the hint and stop texting you, but you kinda dug yourself a hole on the phone aspect.
My legend begins in the 12th century
Laffytaffy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 7:38:14 PM
At 6/16/2012 6:25:12 PM, TheOrator wrote:
Do they have a block feature? A way where youc an still be friends but just not see his communications? If not, just unfriend the bastard. It's one thing to be friendly, but if it's to the point where you're getting harrassed it's your own safety you need to keep in mind rather than the feelings of the stalker.

Hopefully once you unfriend him he'll get the hint and stop texting you, but you kinda dug yourself a hole on the phone aspect.

Well, I guess me being nice isn't a option. There is a block feature but I always feel bad for him if I just block him. Oh well, I guess it would be the best option. Do you think there would be a way to block him on my phone as well...I have a Blackberry Curve.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 8:19:47 PM
Stop being nice and tell him to fvck off. He will never leave you alone unless you make clear you aren't interested.

block calls: http://supportforums.blackberry.com...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Laffytaffy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 8:59:57 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice. I just blocked him. I think I blocked him on my phone as well but not really sure. Just have to hope I don't receive anymore text from him.