Jump to topic:

What annoys you!?

jedipengiun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 7:21:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
What really annoys you? What gets your blood boiling? It can be petty or it can be justified. Come on, have a little rant :)

Mine are quite petty, one of mine is logic chopping! Ah, that gets my blood boiling. It's so frustrating and unnecessary. It's just pedanticism on the use of language more often than not. It frustrates me when somebody attacks the language rather than the idea being put forward and logic lumberjacks tend to engage in this so very much! Logic lumberjacks can be the worst people to be around and in a time of crisis you'd certainly not want them there. Or at least, I certainly would not.
Things that make me happy!

: At 6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM, Kinesis wrote:
: Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French.

: At 8/27/2012 10:00:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
: Every self-respecting philosopher needs to smoke a pipe.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 7:28:10 AM
1. liars
2. cheaters
3. trolls

especially liars.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 9:42:47 AM
People who are extraordinarily dependent though they need not be- asking excessively for favors and guilt tripping while doing so. These kinds of people annoy the ever-loving shtt out of me. The woe-is-me laziness... Ugh... Insulting.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 9:46:45 AM
What annoys me?

Well. I've been keeping this a secret for a while. Oryus. Oryus annoys me.

Annoys the complete living fuck out of me. I mean, I don't understand how Oryus couldn't annoy every living creature on the planet. Seriously!

First, I keep wanting to spell it Oyrus. Second, how do you fucking pronounce it? HOW DO YOU PROUNINCE IT? Or-EE-us? Or-EYE-us? OR-ee-us? OR-eye-us?

TELL ME DAMMIT!
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 10:01:01 AM
At 6/22/2012 9:46:45 AM, drafterman wrote:
What annoys me?

Annoys the complete living fuck out of me. I mean, I don't understand how Oryus couldn't annoy every living creature on the planet. Seriously!

First, I keep wanting to spell it Oyrus. Second, how do you fucking pronounce it? HOW DO YOU PROUNINCE IT? Or-EE-us? Or-EYE-us? OR-ee-us? OR-eye-us?

TELL ME DAMMIT!

Oh-rye-us.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 10:09:05 AM
What annoys me?

TELL ME DAMMIT!

Does it also annoy you that inferno has always known the correct pronunciation b/c he guessed right from the start?
:
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 10:11:05 AM
Hypocrisy, liars, spamming, dishonesty, cheating, anything that is unfair or unjust, childish or immature behavior, arrogance, Justin Bieber's music
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 10:14:58 AM
Arrogance, ignorance, parasitic behavior, immaturity, anti-intellectualism, mendacity, dishonesty, vanity and pride, superficiality in nature, narrow-mindedness, intolerance, and so forth--all in terms of the individual's aspect.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 10:15:35 AM
At 6/22/2012 10:14:58 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
Arrogance, ignorance, parasitic behavior, immaturity, anti-intellectualism, mendacity, dishonesty, vanity and pride, superficiality in nature, narrow-mindedness, intolerance, and so forth--all in terms of the individual's aspect.

The human being is unfortunately vulnerable to such qualities.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 10:19:43 AM
At 6/22/2012 10:09:05 AM, Oryus wrote:
What annoys me?

TELL ME DAMMIT!

Does it also annoy you that inferno has always known the correct pronunciation b/c he guessed right from the start?

No. Should it?
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 10:19:48 AM
At 6/22/2012 10:11:05 AM, phantom wrote:
Hypocrisy, liars, spamming, dishonesty, cheating, anything that is unfair or unjust, childish or immature behavior, arrogance, Justin Bieber's music

Forgot to add narrow-mindedness which is definately up at the top.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 10:19:59 AM
At 6/22/2012 10:01:01 AM, Oryus wrote:
What annoys me?

TELL ME DAMMIT!

Oh-rye-us.

I can die happy.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 10:24:46 AM
At 6/22/2012 9:42:47 AM, Oryus wrote:
People who are extraordinarily dependent though they need not be- asking excessively for favors and guilt tripping while doing so. These kinds of people annoy the ever-loving shtt out of me. The woe-is-me laziness... Ugh... Insulting.:

Truth.

This is obnoxious to the point where I have a visceral reaction. I'm astonished by this level of audacity.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 10:38:21 AM
At 6/22/2012 10:19:43 AM, drafterman wrote:
At 6/22/2012 10:09:05 AM, Oryus wrote:
What annoys me?

TELL ME DAMMIT!

No. Should it?

Nah.
:
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 11:20:08 AM
People who put their beliefs on other people, but get offended when other people but their beliefs on them.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 12:01:19 PM

First, I keep wanting to spell it Oyrus.
+11111136818726096221246999993456632

I also hate turkies (guilt-trippers;got it from some randomass self help book)
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 12:09:50 PM
Oh, and those stupid little mimes. I hate those little buggers. And that we will rock you song. It should die in a pit. Oddly enough, I love semantics and pedantry :/. Oh, don't even get me started on music made after 2000. Also, I hate hypocrisy. I'm going to go Westlund from Lake Geiger now because you never gone promptly you never gone dude T April 5 of the year 29V a woo hoo woo won't won't won't are what's up man text Beantann texting them ma'am Wailawa damn man man. Oh and I also hate that iPhone voice to text thing.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 12:16:52 PM
At 6/22/2012 12:06:21 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
giraffes and people. i cant stand them.

except when im hungry.

That makes no sense. Giraffes are people. Using "and" makes it seem as if you think they are categorically disimilar.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 12:31:13 PM
Women (yes it's always women in this) who are on their cell phone in the supermarket for the whole world to hear, they don't get off the cell phone when they're checking out, and pretty much treat the cashier as a non-person. This annoys the crap out of me.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 1:28:15 PM
unwarranted boasting, people who make big deals out of nothing (aka "little bitches"), excessive complaining, people who pick on people "smaller" than them to make themselves feel better, and talking behind friends backs.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 1:32:45 PM
My mother. :P
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 1:43:10 PM
Girls' complex web of social relations. I never know who isn't talking to who and what soandso has been saying behind soandso's back. Conversation with some people is like a minefield - say the wrong thing and be subjected to a five minute exposition about how Laura has been saying that Tom's girlfriend was making out with this guy but actually all she did was make friends with him and now she's totally been sending mean text messages about me PLEASE SHUT UP.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM
Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French. Therefore, nothing worse than a red headed cheese eating surrender monkey.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 1:48:52 PM
At 6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM, Kinesis wrote:
Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French. Therefore, nothing worse than a red headed cheese eating surrender monkey.

I never understood the red headed thing, but the French, makes total sense; I mean doesn't everyone hate the French?
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 1:50:45 PM
At 6/22/2012 1:48:52 PM, innomen wrote:

I never understood the red headed thing, but the French, makes total sense; I mean doesn't everyone hate the French?

Of course by this we can also say the Canadians, get a real country, afterall they're just cheap French wannabees.
jedipengiun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 2:30:09 PM

I'm sorry but I have to sig this!
Things that make me happy!

: At 6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM, Kinesis wrote:
: Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French.

: At 8/27/2012 10:00:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
: Every self-respecting philosopher needs to smoke a pipe.