Jump to topic:

Do not punch in a street fight

Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 8:21:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Good advice. I was in a street fight once and did exactly what this guy warns against. I threw a hay-maker at his head, he lowered, and my hand shattered all over the top of his cranium with no damage to him.
Rob
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 8:39:25 AM
Exactly. Everyone knows you're supposed to go for a throat jab. ;)
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 10:04:32 AM
In a street fight, pull out your knife. That will beat someone's cranium.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 10:15:26 AM
Against an unexperienced opponent, a good kick would put him out of commission, without any blows being landed on you.

A back kick or even a regular round house will be enough for you to escape or get in close to him.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 10:31:16 AM
At 6/29/2012 10:04:32 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I personally recommend an RPG.

caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 10:33:00 AM
Get wrist control.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 10:34:08 AM
Take up Rex Kwon Do

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 11:36:04 AM
At 6/29/2012 10:31:16 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Some studies have recently come out that suggest that RPGs might not be as useful in hand to hand combat as once believed.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 6:22:28 PM
At 6/29/2012 11:36:04 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/29/2012 10:31:16 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Some studies have recently come out that suggest that RPGs might not be as useful in hand to hand combat as once believed.

Exactly. I prefer using a tactical nuclear bomb.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 8:59:53 PM
Exactly. Everyone knows you're supposed to go for a throat jab. ;)
Tucking the chin takes care of that just as much as a chin shot.

Incidentally, if ya screw up the karate chop or a slap or whatever or they screw it up for you by moving unpredictably, bad things can happen.. fingers can get tangled and swell up like hell. So his solutions aren't guaranteed, though they are of course better than punching without hand protection.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 9:00:55 PM
At 6/29/2012 7:41:26 PM, drafterman wrote:
I prefer temporal-spatial relocation.

Wise. :P
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 9:42:08 PM
At 6/29/2012 8:40:34 PM, Wnope wrote:
The only issue is that one bad swing and you're branded forever as a "slap-fighter."

LmfaooOOoOooOoo
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 9:44:25 PM
At 6/29/2012 8:40:34 PM, Wnope wrote:
The only issue is that one bad swing and you're branded forever as a "slap-fighter."

Not necessarily a bad thing...
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 9:47:25 PM
In any case, what is with this "top of the head" jazz?

When you punch someone, it's in the face, such as in the eye, or in the mouth. Lowering your head just makes that easier. :\

That's why boxers bleed over their eyes all the time and wear mouth guards.

I haven't been in many fights. But, generally, you kind of end up wrestling, then punching someone when you get a real good open shot. Just flailing will get you tossed or kicked in the nuts. If the dude's talking too much, just pop him in the mouth.

Seriously, unless you're fighting someone who does MMA, a good sock to the mouth with end it:
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 9:51:09 PM
CCW permit > fist
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 9:53:14 PM
At 6/29/2012 9:51:09 PM, 16kadams wrote:
CCW permit > fist

bringing a gun to a fistfight = murder
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 10:11:09 PM
At 6/29/2012 9:53:14 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 6/29/2012 9:51:09 PM, 16kadams wrote:
CCW permit > fist

bringing a gun to a fistfight = murder

lol Yeah, I thought it was a little weird that the guy was just outright saying "and if you have a knife or gun, you can't use it if your knuckles are broken!"
SOOO not the Tae Kwon Do way haha
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 11:07:46 PM
Actually, if you break your knuckles, you won't feel it for a good 30 minutes, plenty of time to keep using them during the fight for holding and using a gun or knife.

I broke my wrist about 2 months ago and was able to bike home before really feeling anything (though that night was a bitch).
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 11:16:34 PM
At 6/29/2012 11:07:46 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Actually, if you break your knuckles, you won't feel it for a good 30 minutes, plenty of time to keep using them during the fight for holding and using a gun or knife.

I broke my wrist about 2 months ago and was able to bike home before really feeling anything (though that night was a bitch).

Probably even more so if you've got a bunch of adrenaline going (which is likely).

Or if you've done crystal meth recently! :D
:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 11:25:29 PM
At 6/29/2012 11:16:34 PM, Oryus wrote:

Probably even more so if you've got a bunch of adrenaline going (which is likely).

I'm poor, I can only afford Cubic Zirconia Meth.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 11:29:08 PM
At 6/29/2012 11:25:29 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

HAHAHAH!!!!! I'm using that irl IMMEDIATELY!
:
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 12:03:46 AM
If you're in a fight and don't care about style points, the best thing to do is kick the guy in balls, then break his nose with your elbow. The elbows are the hardest part of the body.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 12:24:08 AM
At 6/29/2012 9:47:25 PM, Ren wrote:
When you punch someone, it's in the face, such as in the eye, or in the mouth.
When you punch someone you aim for the chin, any boxer knows that. Knocking someone's teeth out, giving them a black eye or a bloody nose, these aren't fight enders.
Lowering your head just makes that easier. :\
Tucking your chin makes hitting your chin much much more difficult.

That's why boxers bleed over their eyes all the time and wear mouth guards.
They also have these things called "Gloves."

True, punching above someone's eyes (which will hurt an unprotected fist like hell even if you're on the money, unless you just don't have much punching power anyway) may cause bleeding (a slashing elbow from muay thai is a better bet for that though if you know how to do it). But that doesn't end fights. The only reasons it's even sort of appealing are that in long fights blood might get the fight called and/or interfere with vision, both occurring because in boxing you have two trained endurance athletes going at it, with a set of rules that limits you to a few targets (primarily the chin) that have much chance of actually ending the fight, which are consequently well-guarded In a street fight, where things tend to be much shorter (and stances tend less toward the face-to-face anyway just because you don't wanna get kicked in the nuts) it's just not worth it-- I mean, if you know how to do the elbow like that, take it if its whats there for ya, but even if ya can guarantee popping their eyebrow open, you haven't really made much progress.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 12:37:27 AM
At 6/30/2012 12:03:46 AM, bluesteel wrote:
If you're in a fight and don't care about style points, the best thing to do is kick the guy in balls, then break his nose with your elbow. The elbows are the hardest part of the body.

Actually, after you kick them in the balls, while they're are hunched over in pain, you knee them in the nose. If they fall onto their back, defeated, go ahead and take a piss on their chest and walk away victorious. If the knee to the face causes them to fly up, but they come back down to land on the chest, give them props and leave them like that and walk away victorious.

Personally, I'm against smacking other guys with my wenis (though it isn't really called the "wenis").
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 1:54:05 AM
At 6/30/2012 12:37:27 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/30/2012 12:03:46 AM, bluesteel wrote:

Actually, after you kick them in the balls, while they're are hunched over in pain, you knee them in the nose. If they fall onto their back, defeated, go ahead and take a piss on their chest and walk away victorious. If the knee to the face causes them to fly up, but they come back down to land on the chest, give them props and leave them like that and walk away victorious.

Personally, I'm against smacking other guys with my wenis (though it isn't really called the "wenis").

XD Dude, you're on a roll tonight.
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 1:57:25 AM
In a street fight, pull out your Beretta. That will beat someone's cranium.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 2:01:01 AM
At 6/29/2012 11:25:29 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Sigg'd
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush