Jump to topic:

Self-criticisms

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 11:12:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This thread is for pointing out your flaws.

For myself: I talk about how respectful behavior should be valued allot more, but have a hypocritical tendency to be an utter @ss hole myself.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 11:14:11 PM
I portray arrogance to cover up my hidden insecurities, which leads to a lot of cognitive dissonance.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 11:18:51 PM
At 7/3/2012 11:14:11 PM, thett3 wrote:
I portray arrogance to cover up my hidden insecurities, which leads to a lot of cognitive dissonance.

Really? I havent noticed much that I've seen. I guess you're referring more to real life.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 11:20:31 PM
I try to be over-confident and unfazable in public when in reality, I'm not.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 11:35:19 PM
I'm too good looking and it causes problems when the ladies can't keep their hands off of me.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 11:36:41 PM
At 7/3/2012 11:35:19 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'm too good looking and it causes problems when the ladies can't keep their hands off of me.

Not just the ladies ;)
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 11:55:15 PM
At 7/3/2012 11:49:30 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/3/2012 11:43:17 PM, Cermank wrote:
I sometimes kill people if they annoy me.

So?

The society doesn't understand the services I'm doing to them by intellectual cleansing. It is looked upon as a flaw my most. :(
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 12:15:58 AM
Surprising, last time this was done, everyone said stuff like "I'm too smart" or "I'm too logical, so people have a hard time connecting to me."

Mine is that I'd rather tell people what they want to hear, rather than what I think. No point in causing conflict in real life.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 12:18:09 AM
At 7/4/2012 12:15:58 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Surprising, last time this was done, everyone said stuff like "I'm too smart" or "I'm too logical, so people have a hard time connecting to me."

Mine is that I'd rather tell people what they want to hear, rather than what I think. No point in causing conflict in real life.

I dont consider this a bad thing. If people actually told their boss what they think of them, most people would be fired in no time.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 2:27:24 AM
I'm really a procrastinator, sometimes i don't even start assignments until sunrise on the day they're due. When i used to take a 2:30pm English class, i'd start work on papers after lunch. This is really going to bite me in the arse one day.

Also, i don't go to sleep until sunrise. I have no real, non-bs reason to be up that late. I'm always tired. I know it's dumb, and yet i do it anyway. I think that's my flaw, i do things i know are stupid for no good reason.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 2:31:26 AM
At 7/4/2012 2:27:24 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I'm really a procrastinator, sometimes i don't even start assignments until sunrise on the day they're due. When i used to take a 2:30pm English class, i'd start work on papers after lunch. This is really going to bite me in the arse one day.

Also, i don't go to sleep until sunrise. I have no real, non-bs reason to be up that late. I'm always tired. I know it's dumb, and yet i do it anyway. I think that's my flaw, i do things i know are stupid for no good reason.

omg, your like my twin :P. I always find it interesting how innomen is usually waking up when i'm about to go to bed.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 2:35:11 AM
At 7/3/2012 11:36:41 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/3/2012 11:35:19 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Not just the ladies ;)

http://www.myfacewhen.com...
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 2:59:19 AM
At 7/4/2012 2:37:43 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I procrastinate. I am surprised at least 3 people already said this.

Anyone have any advice on how not to do it?

I have a strange thing that helps me sometimes. Its pretty simple: go outside and stand/sit for 5-10 minutes. Since its summer, it'll be burning outside. The sun rays increase body temperature, which for whatever reason makes me feel more active and loose, and thus more inclined to do things.

Seems weird, but I always its easier to get stuff done when hot then cold/neutral.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 3:45:18 AM
Well... I'm extremely self-indulgent.

I'm extremely impatient, especially with explanations.

I have a really bad habit of being dismissive when someone holds a contrasting opinion I've encountered too many times before, and belittling when it appears as though someone hasn't made a real effort to learn about something.

I've been working on the latter two with a fair degree of success, though (I think).

And, I'm a terrible, terrible flirt. I treat girls here the way I would at work to prevent embarrassing myself.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 3:49:46 AM

Generally, cut out things (tv, internet sites you procrastinate on) that you waste time on. You can get apps to temporarily cut off internet access to all or certain sites when you need to get things done, for example stayfocusd on google chrome.

If there's an important thing coming up, give someone you trust money with the condition that you only get it back once you've completed the task you need too (within an certain time frame). For example, if you have an important exam coming tell someone to only give you the money back if you achieve at least a B grade. It'll motivate you more.

Mix a tedious task with something more enjoyable so it isn't as boring. If you have to mow the lawn, do it while listening to music or an audiobook. If you have to revise, give yourself lemon ice cream (or whatever) after every half hour's work.

Most importantly, do something that interests you. If you have a job or are studying a subject you aren't at all interested in, either get another job or motivate yourself by thinking about the things you hope to get out of the work you're doing now (money, a marketable degree).

Read this book: http://www.amazon.com...
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 3:55:36 AM
At 7/4/2012 3:53:34 AM, Kinesis wrote:
Well, I kill people and I eat hands. That's two things.

+1 internets to anyone who gets the reference.

Lololol, I totally did not get it, but it was worth finding out.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 9:14:41 AM
At 7/4/2012 2:59:19 AM, BlackVoid wrote:

I have a strange thing that helps me sometimes. Its pretty simple: go outside and stand/sit for 5-10 minutes. Since its summer, it'll be burning outside. The sun rays increase body temperature, which for whatever reason makes me feel more active and loose, and thus more inclined to do things.

Seems weird, but I always its easier to get stuff done when hot then cold/neutral.

That's interesting, because in order to succumb to sleep the core body temperature must correlate with the skin temperature. So, I assume you are talking about raging heat. ^

I am act confident and cheerful around others (friends not family), more so than I actually am.

I stay up too late at night.

I don't wake up early enough most nights.

I don't keep track of things that well.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 12:02:31 PM
I don't need to self-criticize. There are enough people on this forum that do the work for me. :)
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 2:21:00 PM
I can become too pretentious sometimes, though most of the time I am trying to stimulate a more varied and lively manner of expression.

I can also be very narrow in approach, constrained, and rather bland in both the principles I express and how I express them, sometimes to the verge of verbosity or sheer silliness.

And moreover, I can become sometimes inflamed and a bit bellicose in manner, and lash out...against..certain individuals....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 2:21:51 PM
At 7/4/2012 12:02:31 PM, MouthWash wrote:
I don't need to self-criticize. There are enough people on this forum that do the work for me. :)

Indeed. But then again, you refusal to admit your own faults--unlike a great deal of us is surely telling of the very personality fault that we criticize. ;)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 2:22:28 PM
I refuse to believe that I could be wrong about anything.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
jedipengiun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 2:44:48 PM
I'll only put the one self-criticism ;)

I'm a terribly anxious person. I don't want to offend anyone nor be offended. I was talking to a friend and he had such a fallicious point and I was pointing it out, and a teacher said something to support him and I just left it with "I suppose". Why didn't I just defend my positionnnnnnnnnn! Gah!
Things that make me happy!

: At 6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM, Kinesis wrote:
: Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French.

: At 8/27/2012 10:00:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
: Every self-respecting philosopher needs to smoke a pipe.