Jump to topic:

How to smash your car in style

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 8:36:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So, I have been driving a work station wagon for quite sometime. It was a great old monster; we (my boss and I) referred to it as "Christine" and joked that it went out and killed our enemies during the night. It was one of those bucket of bolts you just love. I knew that the first serious mechanical issue would mean it's death and was trying very hard to prolong it's life.

Anyway, a few days ago I noticed the clutch pedal was fvcked; it was going in crooked and had to be pushed in REALLY hard to get it into first and second. This indicates that the pedal box had torn but wasn't completely ruined; it was still drivable to the master manual driver like myself.
This morning, I was leaving my cousins house and got around one corner before the clutch pedal went right through the box and ceased to be functional. After a quick over the phone lesson on how to drive when your clutch it ruined (basically you turn the car off, put it into first and started it with your foot on the drive pedal; once you're moving you get the revs up and you can change gear; when you stop you have to turn the car off and start the process again).
I just had to get it the 20 or so minutes to my bosses house.
Unfortunately, you can't start the car in first when you're going up a hill.
So, I started pushing it so I could jump in and start it again as it rolled down the hill.
Well, some good Samaritans walking past started pushing it without my knowledge...Which made it start rolling down the hill faster than I expected... Which meant I couldn't jump in it... Which means the car took off by it's god damn self (Christine) and smashed through a huge pot outside a shop and into a light pole... While I watched in horror.

People came rushing out from various directions, all to see that everyone was OK (I wasn't in the car when it smashed, so apart from being puffed out from trying to catch the car, I was fine).
It took me about 2 minutes to realise that I could easily get away since no one had taken down my details...
So I reversed the car and took off, making it to my bosses house.

So DDO; what accidents have you been in?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 10:01:15 PM
At 7/4/2012 8:36:38 PM, tvellalott wrote:
So, I have been driving a work station wagon for quite sometime. It was a great old monster; we (my boss and I) referred to it as "Christine" and joked that it went out and killed our enemies during the night. It was one of those bucket of bolts you just love. I knew that the first serious mechanical issue would mean it's death and was trying very hard to prolong it's life.

Anyway, a few days ago I noticed the clutch pedal was fvcked; it was going in crooked and had to be pushed in REALLY hard to get it into first and second. This indicates that the pedal box had torn but wasn't completely ruined; it was still drivable to the master manual driver like myself.
This morning, I was leaving my cousins house and got around one corner before the clutch pedal went right through the box and ceased to be functional. After a quick over the phone lesson on how to drive when your clutch it ruined (basically you turn the car off, put it into first and started it with your foot on the drive pedal; once you're moving you get the revs up and you can change gear; when you stop you have to turn the car off and start the process again).
I just had to get it the 20 or so minutes to my bosses house.
Unfortunately, you can't start the car in first when you're going up a hill.
So, I started pushing it so I could jump in and start it again as it rolled down the hill.
Well, some good Samaritans walking past started pushing it without my knowledge...Which made it start rolling down the hill faster than I expected... Which meant I couldn't jump in it... Which means the car took off by it's god damn self (Christine) and smashed through a huge pot outside a shop and into a light pole... While I watched in horror.

People came rushing out from various directions, all to see that everyone was OK (I wasn't in the car when it smashed, so apart from being puffed out from trying to catch the car, I was fine).
It took me about 2 minutes to realise that I could easily get away since no one had taken down my details...
So I reversed the car and took off, making it to my bosses house.

So DDO; what accidents have you been in?

I still am learning to drive a stick shift, I usually drive an automatic. Today, the car stalled once at the stop sign, and I got it into gear, and then the car somewhat stalled I guess in the middle of the rural intersection, and I heard yelling in the car, there was a large truck going probably 60 mph and was only probably 1.5 seconds from hitting the side of my (stalled) car. I freaked out and pressed the accelerator, and managed to get into the other side of the road, albeit the wrong lane, but I managed to avoid my first car accident. I was shaken for a while, and somewhat still am. I almost hit the stop sign on the other side.

I thought I was near death for a moment.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 11:05:42 PM
In a drunken frenzy one time I hit 4 cars and had the first one (a pickup truck) chase me for a few miles since I hit him while he was parked and I had dozed off.

So 4 seperate incidents of hit and run in the same night and a wild frenzy chase...until I tried to take a corner at 50 mph and wrapped around a phone pole.

I had a wild youth yes.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 11:18:12 PM
I've been in just one. And it was really not my fault.

A year ago, as I was returning from my college, my car broke down in the middle of a highway. Since it was kind of dark, I called up my dad and asked him to come over since I really had no idea what to do. With the help of a nearby policemen, we started pushing my car to the side of the road since it was standing in the middle of the highway. five minutes later, there was a pileup of 4 cars because the blind santro driver couldn't see us pushing the car, and the cars behind him weren't quick to act as he jammed his brakes.

I still remember my dad's face when he finally arrived.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2012 11:29:43 PM
At 7/4/2012 11:18:12 PM, Cermank wrote:

A year ago, as I was returning from my college, my car broke down in the middle of a highway. Since it was kind of dark, I called up my dad and asked him to come over since I really had no idea what to do. With the help of a nearby policemen, we started pushing my car to the side of the road since it was standing in the middle of the highway. five minutes later, there was a pileup of 4 cars because the blind santro driver couldn't see us pushing the car, and the cars behind him weren't quick to act as he jammed his brakes.

I hate it when people don't tap the brake lights and just randomly turn. Seriously.

"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 12:31:52 AM
At 7/4/2012 11:29:43 PM, Contra wrote:
At 7/4/2012 11:18:12 PM, Cermank wrote:

I hate it when people don't tap the brake lights and just randomly turn. Seriously.

I had my brake light on. A policeman was helping me. The least I could do was follow the rules.