Jump to topic:

My personal problem

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 3:07:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I put together my own Arch Linux system... kinda. I haven't finished a lot of things yet, like how I can't delete files from the file browser application, I have to use the command line.

Anyway, I have a problem right now. I ran a calculator program in a terminal, and closed the terminal without closing the calculator program. Now I have one processor completely locked up running 'calc'.

I could open a new terminal and killall calc, or I could reboot. Or I could go to bed.

The problem is, I made this Arch build so my comp would be fast(cause this comp is slow). Now I sit here looking at the waste. Yeah I can fix it, but I'm sure it will happen again...

My name is JaxsonRaine and I am a Techno-Speed-aHolic.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:07:42 AM
What operating system do you currently use? If you want fast, try Xubuntu. Windows 7 is pretty fast, if you know your way around it and tweaks, etc. If you want to assemble your own fast linux, try OpenSUSE studio.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 11:22:43 AM
At 7/8/2012 10:07:42 AM, 1dustpelt wrote:
What operating system do you currently use? If you want fast, try Xubuntu. Windows 7 is pretty fast, if you know your way around it and tweaks, etc. If you want to assemble your own fast linux, try OpenSUSE studio.

I'm using a minimal Arch build(Arch seriously rocks). Pretty much the only thing I could do to make a linux build that is faster and lighter would be to compile it myself.

It's not really a big problem, all I need to do is make my terminal kill any program it is running when I close it, or use a graphical calculator.

I'm trying to build my own Linux From Scratch distro, but I keep hitting snags :P
twocupcakes: 15 = 13