Future wrestling

nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 3:27:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well...
I want to keep on wrestling, even after my injury (broke Fibula and Tibia and ripped ligaments). Getting a surgery soon... I basically destroyed my right ankle. After another countless argument with my mother about wrestling and my future, I am wondering if I should continue with wrestling (one of the only thing that makes me happy) or not. My mother is afraid that I will get hurt again....
Any ideas are welcome.
PS: Is wrestling good for college?
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 7:18:44 AM
It really depends on you. Your mom has a point- you might need a re trip to the hospital if you continue wrestling. As a mother, obviously she wont want you to, but if you think you have a chance at professional wrestling, or if you are that serious about it, you shouldn't let injuries stop you. It would depend on what wrestling means to you, and how much of a risk you are willing to take for it.

About college, I'm not sure. In my country, it isn't that big, so it's not considered in college applications. Not sure about America.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 7:20:00 AM
At 7/12/2012 3:27:51 AM, nerdykiller wrote:
Well...
I want to keep on wrestling, even after my injury (broke Fibula and Tibia and ripped ligaments). Getting a surgery soon... I basically destroyed my right ankle. After another countless argument with my mother about wrestling and my future, I am wondering if I should continue with wrestling (one of the only thing that makes me happy) or not. My mother is afraid that I will get hurt again....
Any ideas are welcome.

Only if you're very good at it. You can get scholarships.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 1:00:40 PM
At 7/12/2012 3:27:51 AM, nerdykiller wrote:
Well...
Any ideas are welcome.

I wrestling is that dangerous and causing you injuries of the magnitude where you need surgical reparations, then it's probably better that you stop. As you age you'll notice you don't bounce back from injuries as easily and you don't want to carry bad practices into your 20s/30s, otherwise you'll end up with permanent disability in your ankle. I rolled my ankle a couple times in my late 20s and it has never healed.
Rob
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 5:19:03 PM
You will need you legs substantially less when you get older. I say keep wrestling.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 5:22:28 PM
I think it's more important for you to figure out why you like wrestling and see if you can find another hobby or another way to derive enjoyment out of life that's not quite so destructive to your body or your future >.>
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 5:23:30 PM
Nerdy, are you state ranked? Do you have a shot of going a long way in state or maybe even winning the tournament?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 6:47:40 PM
At 7/12/2012 5:19:03 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
You will need you legs substantially less when you get older. I say keep wrestling.

LOL whut???
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 8:10:14 PM
At 7/12/2012 5:19:03 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

sigged lol
Rob
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 1:42:54 PM
cut your limbs off. lowers weight class.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 9:33:49 PM
I am not state ranked, but other teammates in my team our like 8,4,12, and more in CA.
So If I do wrestle, there is a good chance i might get better (ranked in the future).
I am only a sophomore so......
Another question...
For my wrestling ankle injury, I have received a surgery yesterday. The doctors put in screws and metal plate in my ankle.
CAN I STILL WRESTLE???
IDK :C