Jump to topic:

Dual Majors

MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 1:03:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Anyone out there ever done or currently doing a dual major in college? I'm about to start school here soon, and sometimes it just seems like there isn't enough time to get all the credit hours in. Would be nice to hear some stories from people that have actually gone through the process of doing a dual major.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 4:56:32 PM
At 7/22/2012 1:03:30 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
Anyone out there ever done or currently doing a dual major in college? I'm about to start school here soon, and sometimes it just seems like there isn't enough time to get all the credit hours in. Would be nice to hear some stories from people that have actually gone through the process of doing a dual major.

That depends on what you are majoring in. For example, a double major in art history and english literature would be easy, or theater and art studio -but a chem/bio major or poli sci/philosophy would be challenging.
Tsar of DDO
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 5:08:15 PM
At 7/22/2012 4:56:32 PM, YYW wrote:

That depends on what you are majoring in. For example, a double major in art history and english literature would be easy, or theater and art studio -but a chem/bio major or poli sci/philosophy would be challenging.

lol
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 5:19:27 PM
I'm doing it right now with Finance and Accounting. No horror stories yet, but I am just starting to get into the more advanced accounting classes.

I am hoping to get my CPA, and I heard nothing but horror stories regarding the exam. So I'm sure I'll have some for ya soon.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 10:08:29 PM
At 7/22/2012 5:08:15 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 7/22/2012 4:56:32 PM, YYW wrote:

lol

To that all I would say is that if you have easy political science or philosophy courses, then that says more about the institution you attend then it does the difficulty of the majors.
Tsar of DDO
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 10:38:46 PM
When I attend college, I will more than likely be dual majoring in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering. They're supposed to very close, though, and an easy dual major. I'm pretty sure it only adds like 1 semester. More than likely, I'll probably be doing a co-op as well, which will add another year give or take depending on AP exams.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 11:22:24 PM
At 7/22/2012 10:41:12 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Dual major Law/Business? Bad idea?

Majoring in pre-law as an undergraduate is stupid, for reasons that any honest pre-law advisor will tell you after orientation. Majoring in business is a safe bet, usually (even though Bachelors of Business and MBAs are a dime a dozen now).
Tsar of DDO
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 11:37:31 PM
Just do your homework. My friend and my girl both doubled in psychology and sociology, and neither needed to take more than 4 extra classes to do it.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 11:49:12 PM
At 7/22/2012 11:37:31 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Just do your homework. My friend and my girl both doubled in psychology and sociology, and neither needed to take more than 4 extra classes to do it.

depends on your major. Sociology and psychology don't have many prerequisites. Engineering is hard to do a dual major in.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 12:34:09 AM
I'm majoring in Government and Politics (Polisci,) and Philosophy right now. I have a concentration in public relations with Poli Sci and a concentration in pre-law with philosophy. I'm trying to become a constitutional lawyer and hopefully one day a politician. They both have some overlap foruntately, and I was on the fence on whether or not to have philosophy or economics as my second major. Hell I even considered a second major in business for a little while.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:43:19 PM
At 7/22/2012 11:49:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 7/22/2012 11:37:31 PM, Maikuru wrote:

depends on your major. Sociology and psychology don't have many prerequisites. Engineering is hard to do a dual major in.

Depends which types you're dual majoring.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena