Jump to topic:

Does Personality Really Matter *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 5:28:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You can be intelligent, beautiful, short, tall, and brutally handsome. But there is one thing that the world often looks for in a person. It does not matter if it is
television, church, school, work, or outside. People will always want to be around the person with the biggest personality. Even if they are a bit offsetting and odd
at times. And if you're boring, predictable, or lame, then the value seems to wear down much faster. You can be the most qualified person in the room, but you will be denied. But it is just something about their personality that really gets you going.
How many of you out there in DDO Land know what I am speaking of today.
Does personality matter to you.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 6:23:23 PM
The Fool: I am not compatible with highly Ideologic views, and I am irrationally intellectually demanding. I cant have conversation about normal things in life. lol
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 6:40:16 PM
At 7/23/2012 5:28:39 PM, inferno wrote:
You can be intelligent, beautiful, short, tall, and brutally handsome. But there is one thing that the world often looks for in a person. It does not matter if it is
television, church, school, work, or outside. People will always want to be around the person with the biggest personality. Even if they are a bit offsetting and odd
at times. And if you're boring, predictable, or lame, then the value seems to wear down much faster. You can be the most qualified person in the room, but you will be denied. But it is just something about their personality that really gets you going.

That's sort of true, but more so in real life then online. There are two types of people in the world though: those who command situations and those who follow others. Usually the top dogs have the most self confidence and the strongest spines. I listened to a TED talk a while back on the power of introverts, about how they make better leaders -which I thought was pretty much bullsh!t. Introverts never become leaders. Men don't follow the weak, only the strong.
Tsar of DDO
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 8:04:43 PM
Not sure what you mean by "biggest" personality. I do believe personality can make or break you. However, I think the more good looking you are, the more you can get away with not having the best personality (for girls).
yang.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 8:22:42 PM
At 7/23/2012 8:04:43 PM, tulle wrote:
Not sure what you mean by "biggest" personality. I do believe personality can make or break you. However, I think the more good looking you are, the more you can get away with not having the best personality (for girls).

That depends on the girl... and if you like girls, lol.
Tsar of DDO
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 9:20:34 PM
'biggest' personality is a terrible way to put it. *Unique is a more apt term.
For me, yes, personality matters. I do not like to congregate with insipid people.
turn down for h'what
jedipengiun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 3:12:23 AM
At 7/23/2012 5:28:39 PM, inferno wrote:

Completely agree. I've known people who's looks I felt were ruined after I seen their personality and people's who's looks were made better by their personality.
Things that make me happy!

: At 6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM, Kinesis wrote:
: Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French.

: At 8/27/2012 10:00:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
: Every self-respecting philosopher needs to smoke a pipe.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 12:38:24 PM
At 7/23/2012 8:04:43 PM, tulle wrote:

In the immortal words of Outkast

"See Caroline all the guys would say she's mighty fine
But mighty fine only got you somewhere half the time"
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 8:11:44 PM
At 7/23/2012 9:20:34 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
'biggest' personality is a terrible way to put it. *Unique is a more apt term.
For me, yes, personality matters. I do not like to congregate with insipid people.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 10:59:48 PM
No matter how good lookin you are or someone else is. Someone is sick of your sh!t or their sh!t.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%