Total Posts:121|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Don't Judge Me, Bro

Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 1:41:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Don't judge a book by its cover, right?

That's all well and good but let's get real. What are some common and generally acceptable things that people do, say, or believe that cause you to immediately judge them?

This is a non-PC zone, so just go for it (or face my judgement).
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 1:45:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
What about me, you ask? That's sweet of you.

- Being a gun enthusiast
- Hitting your kids
- Having a tattoo sleeve
- Being rude to a server

Boom, judged.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 1:54:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 1:45:02 AM, Maikuru wrote:
What about me, you ask? That's sweet of you.

- Being a gun enthusiast

New best friend

- Hitting your kids

Lol

- Having a tattoo sleeve

Ok just friends

- Being rude to a server

Did they deserve it?


Boom, judged.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 2:04:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 1:45:02 AM, Maikuru wrote:
What about me, you ask? That's sweet of you.

- Being a gun enthusiast
- Hitting your kids
- Having a tattoo sleeve
- Being rude to a server

Boom, judged.

In case this wasn't clear, I judge people who fit these criteria. Your turn, your turn!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 3:33:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
- Being unnecessarily loud in a public place
- Wearing pants with words on the arse
- Having a rosary hanging around your rearview mirror in the car (i see that a lot)
- I'll second the "hitting kids" thing, as with the "rude to servers"
- Saying "like" a ridiculous amount of times
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 3:45:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 3:33:48 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
- Saying "like" a ridiculous amount of times

That's a good one. I judge the hell out of those people lol.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
jedipengiun
Posts: 169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 7:16:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 6:35:02 AM, drafterman wrote:
"As the Bible says..."

This one reminds me of these.

"Speaking as a mother..."
"Speaking as a father..."
"Speaking as a gay..."
Things that make me happy!

: At 6/22/2012 1:46:11 PM, Kinesis wrote:
: Also, as an Englishman I'm obligated to be prejudiced against gingers and the French.

: At 8/27/2012 10:00:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
: Every self-respecting philosopher needs to smoke a pipe.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 1:46:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
- anyone who smokes
- people who are loud and rude

To be honest, I don't really care about anything else.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 1:49:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 1:46:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
- anyone who smokes
- people who are loud and rude

To be honest, I don't really care about anything else.

- people who pray in public
- Anyone that criticizes any member of the Obama Administration or his family in a non-political fashion
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 1:51:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Fat people.
Smokers.
Gun enthusiasts.
Republicans.
Lax bros.
People who talk load in public places, especially theaters.

Yep...
Sapere Aude!
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 2:07:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 1:49:16 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/28/2012 1:46:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
- anyone who smokes
- people who are loud and rude

To be honest, I don't really care about anything else.

- people who pray in public

Do you find a problem with this practice?

- Anyone that criticizes any member of the Obama Administration or his family in a non-political fashion
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 2:20:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 2:07:59 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/28/2012 1:49:16 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/28/2012 1:46:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
- anyone who smokes
- people who are loud and rude

To be honest, I don't really care about anything else.

- people who pray in public

Do you find a problem with this practice?

- Anyone that criticizes any member of the Obama Administration or his family in a non-political fashion

yeah...and on 2 grounds from an atheist and christian standpoint, it's still distasteful.

Christian
Prayer is a personal and intimate connection with God that deserves some manner of respect. You just don't pray anywhere at anytime for the hell of it.

Atheist
Such a demonstration of your opinions is unnecessary and inappropriate. A public place is the wrong venue for religious statements.

Would you be annoyed if atheists had shirts that had a picture of the bible with a red x over it...and wore them in public?

I rest my case
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 2:32:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 2:20:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/28/2012 2:07:59 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/28/2012 1:49:16 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/28/2012 1:46:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
- anyone who smokes
- people who are loud and rude

To be honest, I don't really care about anything else.

- people who pray in public

Do you find a problem with this practice?

- Anyone that criticizes any member of the Obama Administration or his family in a non-political fashion

yeah...and on 2 grounds from an atheist and christian standpoint, it's still distasteful.

Christian
Prayer is a personal and intimate connection with God that deserves some manner of respect. You just don't pray anywhere at anytime for the hell of it.

Atheist
Such a demonstration of your opinions is unnecessary and inappropriate. A public place is the wrong venue for religious statements.

Would you be annoyed if atheists had shirts that had a picture of the bible with a red x over it...and wore them in public?

I rest my case

lol wut? How does praying in public make it any less personal or intimate? The substance of the activity is occurring within the worshiper's mind (or soul). Is thinking in public not personal or intimate?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 2:38:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
- people who drive SUVs, or other large or obnoxiously loud vehicles (unless it's got an apparent application other than penis-extension)
- tattoos on neck or extremities
- excessively short skirts or low blouses
- too much makeup
- conservative bumper-stickers
- men who dress like yuppies with suit and tie. I wear suit and tie to weddings/funeral and the like because it's considered disrespectful not to, and I am required to in job interviews because my hiring depends on it, but I only do if I am going to appear negligent by not doing so. I don't like the concept of looking like a uniformed tool. Wearing a suit and tie is what businessmen do to look "professional" in order to make themselves appear like they are worth a lot of money, competent, etc. I am frankly disgusted by this behavior and I hate the fact that I do not have the option to opt out of the cultural practice. Russell Simmons has a policy of not ever wearing a suit and tie, but he has established himself enough that he can get away with it. If I ever settle into my dream career and am able to make my own rules I will declare myself rid of the practice and possibly let people know ahead of time at social events that this is my philosophy. I can understand dress code in the sense that people should look relatively neat and not have their toes out and stuff during work (because it is inconsiderate to make others look at/smell your feet while they have to work) but requiring khakis, collar, tie, etc. to me is nothing but some cultural quirk. I also think dress codes are sexist at times, since men and women are required to have different modes of dress. If we are to close the gender gap then we need to find common ground across the board unless it is based on a physical difference between the sexes (e.g., separate restrooms). But just because women have tits and curvier hips doesn't mean they need an entirely different dress code. We can both wear shirts and pants equally the same and what goes for one gender ought to go for the other. This may seem petty but you'd be surprised at how dress has been used to oppress women in the past, particularly before the 90s when women gained quite a bit of ground in the area of sexual harassment.
Rob
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 2:46:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 2:38:50 PM, Lasagna wrote:
- people who drive SUVs, or other large or obnoxiously loud vehicles (unless it's got an apparent application other than penis-extension)
- tattoos on neck or extremities
- excessively short skirts or low blouses
- too much makeup
- conservative bumper-stickers
- men who dress like yuppies with suit and tie. I wear suit and tie to weddings/funeral and the like because it's considered disrespectful not to, and I am required to in job interviews because my hiring depends on it, but I only do if I am going to appear negligent by not doing so. I don't like the concept of looking like a uniformed tool. Wearing a suit and tie is what businessmen do to look "professional" in order to make themselves appear like they are worth a lot of money, competent, etc. I am frankly disgusted by this behavior and I hate the fact that I do not have the option to opt out of the cultural practice. Russell Simmons has a policy of not ever wearing a suit and tie, but he has established himself enough that he can get away with it. If I ever settle into my dream career and am able to make my own rules I will declare myself rid of the practice and possibly let people know ahead of time at social events that this is my philosophy. I can understand dress code in the sense that people should look relatively neat and not have their toes out and stuff during work (because it is inconsiderate to make others look at/smell your feet while they have to work) but requiring khakis, collar, tie, etc. to me is nothing but some cultural quirk. I also think dress codes are sexist at times, since men and women are required to have different modes of dress. If we are to close the gender gap then we need to find common ground across the board unless it is based on a physical difference between the sexes (e.g., separate restrooms). But just because women have tits and curvier hips doesn't mean they need an entirely different dress code. We can both wear shirts and pants equally the same and what goes for one gender ought to go for the other. This may seem petty but you'd be surprised at how dress has been used to oppress women in the past, particularly before the 90s when women gained quite a bit of ground in the area of sexual harassment.

Women and men don't have an entirely different dress code. While it isn't socially acceptable for a man to "dress like a woman", women can "dress like men". I can wear blazers/pants/ties/Oxfords etc. to work if I want to. And while the men at my work are stuck wearing long sleeves in 40 degree (Celsius) weather, I can wear all the skirts, dresses, and short sleeves I want. If anything, men are oppressed in what they can wear.
yang.
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 3:00:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
People who think they're manipulative when they arent. If you're a successful manipulator than your will and wit is stronger than mine and I can accept you using your talents to your advantage, but when people think they're manipulating you and failing they just look like retards and I lose a lot of respect for them
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 3:13:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 2:20:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/28/2012 2:07:59 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/28/2012 1:49:16 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/28/2012 1:46:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
- anyone who smokes
- people who are loud and rude

To be honest, I don't really care about anything else.

- people who pray in public

Do you find a problem with this practice?

- Anyone that criticizes any member of the Obama Administration or his family in a non-political fashion

yeah...and on 2 grounds from an atheist and christian standpoint, it's still distasteful.

Christian
Prayer is a personal and intimate connection with God that deserves some manner of respect. You just don't pray anywhere at anytime for the hell of it.

Atheist
Such a demonstration of your opinions is unnecessary and inappropriate. A public place is the wrong venue for religious statements.

Would you be annoyed if atheists had shirts that had a picture of the bible with a red x over it...and wore them in public?

I rest my case

You might have a case for praying out loud but praying in public in general? No. The Bible says pray without ceasing.

If I pause bow my head, mutter a prayer to God on a public street, you're really going to take offence to that?
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 3:16:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
* People who think that they have an obligation to tip at a restaurant. I have a strict rule of no-tipping and I once dumped a girlfriend because she thought that I should have tipped.

* People who make lip-smaking noises. Whoever does that is forever placed in my book of "Annoying incessant humans who act like mentally retarded children."

* People who are afraid to tell the truth.

* People who believe that I have any sort of obligation towards them.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 3:25:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 3:13:59 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/28/2012 2:20:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/28/2012 2:07:59 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/28/2012 1:49:16 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/28/2012 1:46:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
- anyone who smokes
- people who are loud and rude

To be honest, I don't really care about anything else.

- people who pray in public

Do you find a problem with this practice?

- Anyone that criticizes any member of the Obama Administration or his family in a non-political fashion

yeah...and on 2 grounds from an atheist and christian standpoint, it's still distasteful.

Christian
Prayer is a personal and intimate connection with God that deserves some manner of respect. You just don't pray anywhere at anytime for the hell of it.

Atheist
Such a demonstration of your opinions is unnecessary and inappropriate. A public place is the wrong venue for religious statements.

Would you be annoyed if atheists had shirts that had a picture of the bible with a red x over it...and wore them in public?

I rest my case

You might have a case for praying out loud but praying in public in general? No. The Bible says pray without ceasing.

If I pause bow my head, mutter a prayer to God on a public street, you're really going to take offence to that?

no not really. I was referring to the flamboyant bullsh!t Tebow pulls off.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 3:30:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 3:16:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
* People who think that they have an obligation to tip at a restaurant. I have a strict rule of no-tipping and I once dumped a girlfriend because she thought that I should have tipped.

* People who make lip-smaking noises. Whoever does that is forever placed in my book of "Annoying incessant humans who act like mentally retarded children."

* People who are afraid to tell the truth.

* People who believe that I have any sort of obligation towards them.

Strange. I'm personally a generous tipper. Like, 20-25%.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 3:55:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 3:30:09 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 7/28/2012 3:16:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
* People who think that they have an obligation to tip at a restaurant. I have a strict rule of no-tipping and I once dumped a girlfriend because she thought that I should have tipped.

* People who make lip-smaking noises. Whoever does that is forever placed in my book of "Annoying incessant humans who act like mentally retarded children."

* People who are afraid to tell the truth.

* People who believe that I have any sort of obligation towards them.

Strange. I'm personally a generous tipper. Like, 20-25%.

Yeah you don't fvck over the people you handle your food.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 5:19:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 3:25:15 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/28/2012 3:13:59 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/28/2012 2:20:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/28/2012 2:07:59 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/28/2012 1:49:16 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/28/2012 1:46:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
- anyone who smokes
- people who are loud and rude

To be honest, I don't really care about anything else.

- people who pray in public

Do you find a problem with this practice?

- Anyone that criticizes any member of the Obama Administration or his family in a non-political fashion

yeah...and on 2 grounds from an atheist and christian standpoint, it's still distasteful.

Christian
Prayer is a personal and intimate connection with God that deserves some manner of respect. You just don't pray anywhere at anytime for the hell of it.

Atheist
Such a demonstration of your opinions is unnecessary and inappropriate. A public place is the wrong venue for religious statements.

Would you be annoyed if atheists had shirts that had a picture of the bible with a red x over it...and wore them in public?

I rest my case

You might have a case for praying out loud but praying in public in general? No. The Bible says pray without ceasing.

If I pause bow my head, mutter a prayer to God on a public street, you're really going to take offence to that?

no not really. I was referring to the flamboyant bullsh!t Tebow pulls off.

Oh makes sense. No one likes street corner preachers, me included.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 5:20:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 3:16:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
* People who think that they have an obligation to tip at a restaurant. I have a strict rule of no-tipping and I once dumped a girlfriend because she thought that I should have tipped.


Finally! A brother!

I never tip, mainly because I feel they don't deserve extra money just for doing their job.

* People who make lip-smaking noises. Whoever does that is forever placed in my book of "Annoying incessant humans who act like mentally retarded children."

* People who are afraid to tell the truth.

* People who believe that I have any sort of obligation towards them.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 10:02:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 5:20:03 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/28/2012 3:16:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
* People who think that they have an obligation to tip at a restaurant. I have a strict rule of no-tipping and I once dumped a girlfriend because she thought that I should have tipped.


Finally! A brother!

I never tip, mainly because I feel they don't deserve extra money just for doing their job.

* People who make lip-smaking noises. Whoever does that is forever placed in my book of "Annoying incessant humans who act like mentally retarded children."

* People who are afraid to tell the truth.

* People who believe that I have any sort of obligation towards them.

They make $2.50 an hour. That is not even $20 a full work day. You just cannot live on that sort of money.

Anyway, my list:

- People who smoke in public
- People who use the same language over and over
- Those who wear clothes that aren't considered adequate
- People who take pictures of themselves in a mirror with a cell phone
- Those who are obnoxiously loud and/or annoying
- Ignorant Republicans
- Republicans who have conservative/anti-Obama bumper stickers,
- Conservatives who bring up political conversation just because you are the only liberal in the room.
- Dishonest people
- People who make lip smacking noises, or are loud and/or nasty eaters
- People who are ignorant or lazy outright
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
UnStupendousMan
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 10:14:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1. Laughing loudly & to excess
2. Talking just because you feel like it, no matter what else is going on
3. People who inherently feel superior
4. I second hitting kids, too short shorts, being rude to a server
5. People who use vulgar language too much
6. People with a bad smell about them
7. Not using punctuation or capitalization
8. People who HAVE espouse their political views every given moment
9. Trolling
10. Singing obnoxious songs
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2012 10:54:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/28/2012 5:20:03 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/28/2012 3:16:51 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
* People who think that they have an obligation to tip at a restaurant. I have a strict rule of no-tipping and I once dumped a girlfriend because she thought that I should have tipped.


Finally! A brother!

I never tip, mainly because I feel they don't deserve extra money just for doing their job.

Interesting. So, raises, bonuses, and promotions are verboten to you?


* People who make lip-smaking noises. Whoever does that is forever placed in my book of "Annoying incessant humans who act like mentally retarded children."

* People who are afraid to tell the truth.

* People who believe that I have any sort of obligation towards them.