Jump to topic:

That's Weird

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 7:02:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I sometimes feel left out on DDO, in all frankness.

However, I've suddenly realized why. A while ago I learned my personality type is of the INFP type on the Jungian personality type test--which, after it being described for me, and going to websites to look at more descriptions now, I suddenly realized that I'd probably be a natural minority in the way of personality types on here.

In fact, the very traits that make up the type seem very contrary to what one would expect on here. For example, from just one of many websites, I thought this was funny:

INFPs do not like to deal with hard facts and logic. Their focus on their feelings and the Human Condition makes it difficult for them to deal with impersonal judgment. They don't understand or believe in the validity of impersonal judgment, which makes them naturally rather ineffective at using it. Most INFPs will avoid impersonal analysis, although some have developed this ability and are able to be quite logical. Under stress, it's not uncommon for INFPs to mis-use hard logic in the heat of anger, throwing out fact after (often inaccurate) fact in an emotional outburst. http://www.personalitypage.com...

But anyway. I thought that was interesting. :P

If you know what personality category you tend to fall into, post it, plox?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 12:40:38 AM
When I was 6, my grandpa revealed my family secret. We have been killing INFPs for generations, way back to the medieval times. They use to roam plenty, but now we have hunted them down to a small few. Their blood runs in the streets by our hands. I am coming for you INFP...
kfc
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 1:11:21 PM
Cool I just did this again after a few years and got the same results:

INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

This is why i have no friends?
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 6:50:08 PM
At 8/2/2012 1:11:21 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
Cool I just did this again after a few years and got the same results:

INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

This is why i have no friends?

INTP is also called the Thinker. INFP is called the Idealist, and also the Healer.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 8:47:35 PM
At 8/1/2012 7:02:51 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I sometimes feel left out on DDO, in all frankness.

However, I've suddenly realized why. A while ago I learned my personality type is of the INFP type on the Jungian personality type test--which, after it being described for me, and going to websites to look at more descriptions now, I suddenly realized that I'd probably be a natural minority in the way of personality types on here.

In fact, the very traits that make up the type seem very contrary to what one would expect on here. For example, from just one of many websites, I thought this was funny:

INFPs do not like to deal with hard facts and logic. Their focus on their feelings and the Human Condition makes it difficult for them to deal with impersonal judgment. They don't understand or believe in the validity of impersonal judgment, which makes them naturally rather ineffective at using it. Most INFPs will avoid impersonal analysis, although some have developed this ability and are able to be quite logical. Under stress, it's not uncommon for INFPs to mis-use hard logic in the heat of anger, throwing out fact after (often inaccurate) fact in an emotional outburst. http://www.personalitypage.com...

But anyway. I thought that was interesting. :P

If you know what personality category you tend to fall into, post it, plox?

I'm an ENTJ (when YYW hates the world) and an INTJ (when I'm feeling optimistic). Yes, I have taken the myers briggs personality tests in different moods... and my outcomes vary accordingly.
Tsar of DDO
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 9:01:06 PM
INTJ. But then, on a lot of stuff, it's biased by self-reporting. For example, on the Keirsey Personality Inventory:

"Are you swayed more by A) a touching appeal; B) convincing evidence"

I mean, come on. It's difficult when all the questions are so cut-and-dry. I guess it could be a good heuristic, but...
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 9:06:35 PM
I got
"INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population."

on http://similarminds.com...

Tbh, the test seemed to have the same question over and over.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 11:51:54 PM
At 8/3/2012 9:01:06 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
INTJ. But then, on a lot of stuff, it's biased by self-reporting. For example, on the Keirsey Personality Inventory:

I mean, come on. It's difficult when all the questions are so cut-and-dry. I guess it could be a good heuristic, but...

I think it is heuristic and that you're supposed to go with instinctual responses. I took the test recently and, having not remembered the questions at all, I still received the same results after breezing through the answers that I had gotten a few years ago when i took it.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 9:11:19 AM
At 8/3/2012 9:01:06 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Well, I believe I've read that self-reporting and things like that are purposeful in the testing. The test answers are literally referred to as forced choice. That's the point, in other words.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 9:21:51 AM
EDIT: It was actually Meyers-Briggs.

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 9:36:40 AM
"Your type is: ISTJ"

"responsible, planner, private, loner tendencies, perfectionist, organized, detail oriented, organized, would rather be friendless than jobless, realistic, observer, clean, focused, does not talk about feelings, finisher, punctual, private, does not appreciate strangeness, not adventurous, not spontaneous, follows the rules, dutiful, avoids mistakes, conventional, likes solitude, insensitive to the hardships of others, prepared, anti-tattoos, things rules are important, cautious, security seeking, prepares for worst case scenarios, logical, analytical, does not accept apologies easily, hard working"

Huh. Never taken that test before, but why would anyone say that emotions are more convincing than evidence?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush