Jump to topic:

Attempt to Assemble Insane DDO Opinions

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 11:37:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The insular, provincial, irrational, peculiar, idiosyncratic, unusual, deranged, curious, or outrightly insane views and ideals of others fascinate me. Below, let us try to gather the most bizarre views we hold. I'll begin with my personal views (which many may regard as insane):

I support imperialism, unapologetically.

I think most modern literature is bona fide sh*t.

I believe that too many people go to college and too few people hold manual labor jobs.

I do not necessarily oppose some authoritarian governmental schemes.

Friedrich Nietzsche is the single most brilliant philosopher who ever lived.

George W. Bush is one of the best presidents ever elected.

Most people shouldn't vote.

Public education is nonsense.

Physical health is more important than liberal education.

There is nothing so murderous to the human spirit as working for a modern corporation.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 11:50:42 PM
At 8/3/2012 11:37:32 PM, YYW wrote:
The insular, provincial, irrational, peculiar, idiosyncratic, unusual, deranged, curious, or outrightly insane views and ideals of others fascinate me. Below, let us try to gather the most bizarre views we hold. I'll begin with my personal views (which many may regard as insane):

It has it's upsides and downsides.

Probably right about this .-. at least mainstream literature.
I believe that too many people go to college and too few people hold manual labor jobs.

No comment.

.-. I mean...

I don't know about single most brilliant, but he certainly wasn't an idiot.

Again, no comment.

Agreed.

MOST public education is nonsense.

Gotta stay alive to learn.

There is nothing so murderous to the human spirit as working for a modern corporation.

I have no fear. The only thing I fear, though, is working a 9-to-5 job.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 11:53:17 PM
At 8/3/2012 11:50:42 PM, Zaradi wrote:

It has it's upsides and downsides.

Probably right about this .-. at least mainstream literature.

No comment.

.-. I mean...

I don't know about single most brilliant, but he certainly wasn't an idiot.

Again, no comment.

Agreed.

MOST public education is nonsense.

Gotta stay alive to learn.

I have no fear. The only thing I fear, though, is working a 9-to-5 job.

Do you have any insane opinions? If so, care to share?
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 11:55:09 PM

There's your problem right there.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 12:00:44 AM
At 8/3/2012 11:58:46 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
You guys are so fringe...

Come on now... I know you've got something to contribute to this!
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 12:10:59 AM

nigga you crazy.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 12:12:59 AM
At 8/4/2012 12:10:59 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

nigga you crazy.

So far this has proven an unsuccessful exercise. Am I to believe that you hold NO uncontroversial views?
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 12:15:56 AM
At 8/4/2012 12:12:59 AM, YYW wrote:

nigga you crazy.

So far this has proven an unsuccessful exercise. Am I to believe that you hold NO uncontroversial views?

I think a lot more people than you'd expect hold some of those views. A few are fringe, but I think you'd be surprised. I guess it would depend on the crowd whether my views were controversial. I honestly don't think there's any insanely un-PC views that I hold though.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 12:20:55 AM
At 8/4/2012 12:15:56 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 8/4/2012 12:12:59 AM, YYW wrote:

nigga you crazy.

I think a lot more people than you'd expect hold some of those views. A few are fringe, but I think you'd be surprised. I guess it would depend on the crowd whether my views were controversial. I honestly don't think there's any insanely un-PC views that I hold though.

How dreadfully boring... but then again, perhaps that's what's best for society.
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 12:21:21 AM
There is currently too much formal schooling--many fewer people than currently are should go to college, and even high school.

There is too much health care being produced.

We can sustain unlimited economic and population growth forever (or, at least, the several billion more years the universe has left).

We will probably find a cure for aging during the lifetimes of many of the people alive today. Given the typical age of the people on this forum, I think that most DDOers will be immortal.

All of the wars the United States has ever fought--from the American Revolution to the Libyan war--have been unjust.

There is no significant moral difference between nationalism and racism--saying we need to protect American jobs from being taken by Chinese people is essentially the same thing as saying we need to protect white jobs from being taken by black people.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 12:26:17 AM
At 8/4/2012 12:21:21 AM, LaissezFaire wrote:
There is currently too much formal schooling--many fewer people than currently are should go to college, and even high school.

Indeed.

How interesting! I should be curious to hear more!

We can sustain unlimited economic and population growth forever (or, at least, the several billion more years the universe has left).

Excellent.

We will probably find a cure for aging during the lifetimes of many of the people alive today. Given the typical age of the people on this forum, I think that most DDOers will be immortal.

VIVA LA ME! rofl

All of the wars the United States has ever fought--from the American Revolution to the Libyan war--have been unjust.

Do explain!

There is no significant moral difference between nationalism and racism--saying we need to protect American jobs from being taken by Chinese people is essentially the same thing as saying we need to protect white jobs from being taken by black people.

If nations are divided along racial lines, indeed.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 12:26:59 AM
My beliefs couldn't be more run of the mill. Probably why I haven't been yelled at by anyone yet.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 12:28:20 AM
most insane I guess:

Consciousness is an illusion
Freewill is an illusion
Logic, as we know it, does not apply to all of reality
Barrack Obama deserves to be reelected over Shmitt Romney
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 12:31:03 AM
At 8/4/2012 12:28:20 AM, 000ike wrote:
most insane I guess:

Consciousness is an illusion
Freewill is an illusion
Logic, as we know it, does not apply to all of reality
Barrack Obama deserves to be reelected over Shmitt Romney

This has been my favorite post so far. Quite transcendental. Very interesting, indeed!
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 12:37:18 AM
At 8/4/2012 12:26:17 AM, YYW wrote:

How interesting! I should be curious to hear more!
http://hanson.gmu.edu... Essentially, much of health care spending is about showing that you care, and doesn't actually improve health.

Do explain!
Would take way too long to explain for every specific war. But this is my general philosophy: http://econlog.econlib.org...

If nations are divided along racial lines, indeed.
Even if they aren't, I think they're the same. I don't think caring more about black people in America than black people in Africa is justified, for example.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 12:41:59 AM
For me,

- Southern people are friendly. It is a comfortable place and the people are hospitable.
- Pro-life should mean that the right to life doesn't just end after you're out of the womb.
- I was a strong Bush supporter in 2004. (more of a fact)
- Pancakes are better than cake.
- Diablo II is a great game
- You should save money instead of waste it.
- It is smart to store your money in a personal safe
- Boats can be dangerous. And sitting in an intertube in the middle of a lake isn't the smartest thing to do when boats are pulling tubes.
- DDO distracts me from my homework.
- Some people who may seem nice turn out to be jerks.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 2:34:22 AM

Agree very strongly on this one.

Maybe I'm foolish, but i know I would never give up my mortality.

DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 2:40:32 AM
At 8/4/2012 2:34:22 AM, thett3 wrote:

There's a difference between ageless and immortal. I think he meant the former, which I assume you wouldn't have a problem with. If I'm wrong, I'd consider that the only insane opinion given in this thread so far lol.
- lamerde

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 2:45:03 AM
Children are being stifled and pampered now.

Corporal punishment should be used in schools, in full view of everyone.

Humans are the most pathetic and pitiful creatures in existence.

"good job" is the most dangerous phrase in the English language.

Voting should be significantly restricted.

College is in many cases little more than a scam.

There is absolutely no independent evidence (outside our own observations) that we exist, that math or logic is true, ect. It's just an assumption made.

Our generation will destroy society, if it survives long enough for us to take control (unlikely).

If 2012 is the end of the world it's something to celebrate

There was an advanced civilization that was destroyed in pre history.

In certain instances, torture is an acceptable punishment.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 2:48:02 AM
At 8/4/2012 2:40:32 AM, Maikuru wrote:

There's a difference between ageless and immortal. I think he meant the former, which I assume you wouldn't have a problem with. If I'm wrong, I'd consider that the only insane opinion given in this thread so far lol.

Either way it's something I'd want to avoid...just thinking about the near future and the changes that are coming terrifies me, let alone the far far future...if I had the choice to check out now or live an extremely long time (say 1000 years) I would choose the former in a heartbeat
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 2:55:04 AM
At 8/4/2012 2:48:02 AM, thett3 wrote:

Either way it's something I'd want to avoid...just thinking about the near future and the changes that are coming terrifies me, let alone the far far future...if I had the choice to check out now or live an extremely long time (say 1000 years) I would choose the former in a heartbeat

I concur.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 3:03:50 AM
At 8/4/2012 2:48:02 AM, thett3 wrote:

Agelessness means that, barring outside interference, you will live. You're still free to take a walk into the deep end of a pool whenever life starts to lose its flavor. Why pass up the ability to choose for yourself when you're done?
- lamerde

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 3:38:33 AM
All is Null; the whisper of a shadow of A Ghost, fallen upon the all encompassing deafness of it's own blank company; the perfectly shallow and empty echoes who drift from the shore of a pool that, far beyond the reach of the imaginations, is entirely Void.

All you are; all you have ever been; all that is; all that has ever been; every breath; every blink of an eye; every charge; every flow; every patriotic war; every merciless genocide; every gaze upon the stars; every passion of a first love; every high; every low; every thought; every emotion; the culminations of all that could ever be ascribed to your assumed existence, in absolutely purity of the standard to the degree that it breaks beyond any of it's own supposedly sensible ramifications of abolition of truth claims and holds it by a truly divine snare of resolute correctness, is complete and utter Nothingness.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 3:43:01 AM
But to me more controversial...

I enjoy the use of semi-colons; the actual way I speak most of the time.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 4:19:04 AM
I like the society in The Giver.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 4:43:42 AM
I have a few, dunno if they're insane, but anecdotal evidence suggests as much:

Voting should not be anonymous.

Doctors should have a pharmacy budget.

Pixar and Disney are dangerous.

The current debt crisis is a non-issue.

Fairness and tolerance are not virtues.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 6:09:37 AM
At 8/4/2012 4:43:42 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I have a few, dunno if they're insane, but anecdotal evidence suggests as much:

Voting should not be anonymous.

Doctors should have a pharmacy budget.

Pixar and Disney are dangerous.

The current debt crisis is a non-issue.

Fairness and tolerance are not virtues.

Insane? Who knows. I'd be interested why you think Disney and Pixar are dangerous though... other than promoting their radical environmentalism through 3D animation, lol.
EvanK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 9:06:54 AM
Knowing some people on this site, these views may sound crazy, but anyway:

I am against abortion because I believe a fetus has the right to life
I am against any kind of racial discrimination (but wait, that's not crazy?) meaning affirmative action of any kind (oh...THAT'S RACIST!!!)
I do not like religion (bit of an understatement)
I am 100% against socialism. It's my money, I earned it.
I think public schools are killing us
I think too many people are going to college
I do not believe in the scam of man made global warming. Natural warming, yes. Man made, no.
I despise Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and all of the race baiters
I can't stand people who do not understand the meaning of the word facist.

So yeah, to some, I'm probably crazy, but I am what I am :P
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 9:36:54 AM
Some of my more controversial views, maybe not insane, but more on the lines of controversial (and in no particular order):

- Religion is something that is not worth arguing over. More specifically, I don't want you telling me who or what I should worship and why. I think that's a waste of time and energy.
- Unions can be too powerful
- Democracy is the worst form of government, except all the others that have been tried.
- Taxes for the rich should be raised.
- The current education system in the US should be reformed; less college students in college, create trade schools so that people can learn trades
- Anthropogenic Global Warming exists, and it's bad for all of us
- Ideas should be discussed, not politicized
- The interrobang should be used more, along with the semicolon.
- We shouldn't spend, spend, spend when we are in boom times. We should keep some on hand for when times are tough.
- While we can't prove that anything around us exists, that doesn't stop us from learning from it.
- Science!
- The US, or in fact anyone, should earn their reputation for special-ness. It's not inherently given to us.
- Congress is behaving like a bunch of childish kindergarteners.
- Alternate vote > First past the post

I think that's it.