Jump to topic:

Oooooh, My Facebook Friends

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:58:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't know how I ever would have endured if I hadn't learned how to adapt to the immense stupidity that I face daily and even learn to enjoy playing with it.

From my Facebook moments ago:

This picture was posted:
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net...

Followed by the video:

Followed by chatter about how great and true it is.

Then my response:
I love Terrence Mckenna, however, I do see that timewave zero is apparent bullshit to anyone who takes it for more than face value and a desire to believe it.
Firstly, the graph is based off of I Ching. How I Ching works is off an assortment of symbols which can be put into a variety of different patterns. The first obviously bullshit part about this is that Mckenna chooses the best pattern to suit his needs. He never gives a reason why he picks this one above others.
Secondly, he then lines up the graph with events in the timeline he considers to be "novel". He decided what theses events were.
Thirdly, by his own explanation, moved the graph back and forth on the time-line until they looked like they fit best.
At one point he set the end date in November 2012. In this version he used the decidedly novel event of the dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima to set his graph. He then later moved the timeline to fit the end with December 21 2012 to fit the Mayan prophecy. This offset Hiroshima by a month. So he changed that novel event from Hiroshima to a general "end of World War II".
Mckenna was a revolutionary intellectual. But everyone has bullshit somewhere. This is where his was.

Then this guy....Perry. He comes in...in all his caps lock glory:
APPARENT BS? OK. HE WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE TO TAKE A CHART AND MATHMATICALY OVER LAY IT WITH A CHART OF HISTORY IN WHICH IT SHOWS THE UPS AND DOWNS OF KNOWLEDGE AND GREAT EVENTS IN HISTORY. BUT HELL WHAT DO I KNOW. I'M JUST AN INVESTIGATOR

Me:
Did you read my post? I showed his method to be invalid.
You say there are similar charts. Would you mind presenting me with them? I will then analyze them and see if they are valid.
And I hope you fix your caps lock key soon. It's hard on the eyes.

Perry:
NOW I HAVE NOT LOOKED INTO THE CHART MYSELF 2 ENSURE THIS IS TAKEN FROM THE TIME WAVE ZERO CHART AS LAYED OUT BY TERENCE? BUT NON THE LESS THE PEAKS AND VALLEYS ARE INDICATORS AND DATES ALSO MENTIONED BY MANY OTHERS FOR THE CURRENT MONTH

Me:
Could I see these charts, please? And their method as well, preferably.

Perry:
I GUESS TIME WILL TELL WHAT TAKES PLACE IF ANYTHING. I SHOULD BETTER LOOK INTO SAID CHART MYSELF AS I HAVE DATES OF INTEREST I NEED CHECK. BUT WE ALSO COULD ALWAYS TAKE SAID CHART AND LOOK AT THE PEAKS AND VALLEYS PRIOR AND SEE WHAT IF ANYTHING TOOK PLACE?

Me:
Do you have these charts or not?
Do you have any actual justifications for what you believe on this issue?

Perry:
LETS SEE. NO AS I STATED PRIOR I WOULD NEED TO SEE SAID CHART AND REVIEW PEAKS AND VALLYS FOR WORLD EVENTS. I HAD WATCHED SEVERAL INTERVIEWS OVER A DECADE AGO ON THE ISSUE AND WAS AMAZED AT THE FINDINGS AND VIEWS. ALSO HE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE AGAIN WITH SUCH A CHART AND VIEW ON THE MATTER.

Me:
If you do not have these other charts, you do not know their methods and you have not analyzed them yet, are you willing to recant your position until you actually discover whether or not these claims are substantiated by the scientific method?

Perry:
RECANT MY POSITION? WHAT CLAIMS ARE WE LOOKING 2 SUBSTANTIATE? THE FACT THAT HE AS MANY OTHERS HAVE AND USED MATHMATICS ALONG WITH CHARTS 2 SHOW THE PEAKS AND VALLYS OF THE HUMAN RACE AND ITS GROTH OR STAGNATION IN KNOWLEDGE?

AND SORRY I USE CAPS ON FB

Me:
Yes and that such charts and the methods used to make them are valid, reliable, and can be used to accurately predict phenomena in the future.

And the caps lock really isn't necessary. It's very hard to take you seriously.

Currently waiting on the next reply. Of course I've had to consider whether he's just a troll. Unfortunately, I really don't think that's the case.

Do you think you'd be able to keep your cool with this person?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 4:26:13 AM
At 8/13/2012 4:02:22 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Aaaaaand, the picture is gone.

I think I may have convinced the person who posted it.

Freedo, How are you? I hope well, it seems so. I was wanting to ask a question. How do I add quotes and such on my post at the bottom? I had some, IDK, how they are gone and have not found the option again. Please, Thanks.
TheAsylum
Jon1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 6:38:19 AM
At 8/13/2012 3:58:46 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I don't know how I ever would have endured if I hadn't learned how to adapt to the immense stupidity that I face daily and even learn to enjoy playing with it.

From my Facebook moments ago:

This picture was posted:
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net...

Followed by the video:

Followed by chatter about how great and true it is.

Then my response:
I love Terrence Mckenna, however, I do see that timewave zero is apparent bullshit to anyone who takes it for more than face value and a desire to believe it.
Firstly, the graph is based off of I Ching. How I Ching works is off an assortment of symbols which can be put into a variety of different patterns. The first obviously bullshit part about this is that Mckenna chooses the best pattern to suit his needs. He never gives a reason why he picks this one above others.
Secondly, he then lines up the graph with events in the timeline he considers to be "novel". He decided what theses events were.
Thirdly, by his own explanation, moved the graph back and forth on the time-line until they looked like they fit best.
At one point he set the end date in November 2012. In this version he used the decidedly novel event of the dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima to set his graph. He then later moved the timeline to fit the end with December 21 2012 to fit the Mayan prophecy. This offset Hiroshima by a month. So he changed that novel event from Hiroshima to a general "end of World War II".
Mckenna was a revolutionary intellectual. But everyone has bullshit somewhere. This is where his was.

Then this guy....Perry. He comes in...in all his caps lock glory:
APPARENT BS? OK. HE WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE TO TAKE A CHART AND MATHMATICALY OVER LAY IT WITH A CHART OF HISTORY IN WHICH IT SHOWS THE UPS AND DOWNS OF KNOWLEDGE AND GREAT EVENTS IN HISTORY. BUT HELL WHAT DO I KNOW. I'M JUST AN INVESTIGATOR

Me:
Did you read my post? I showed his method to be invalid.
You say there are similar charts. Would you mind presenting me with them? I will then analyze them and see if they are valid.
And I hope you fix your caps lock key soon. It's hard on the eyes.

Perry:
NOW I HAVE NOT LOOKED INTO THE CHART MYSELF 2 ENSURE THIS IS TAKEN FROM THE TIME WAVE ZERO CHART AS LAYED OUT BY TERENCE? BUT NON THE LESS THE PEAKS AND VALLEYS ARE INDICATORS AND DATES ALSO MENTIONED BY MANY OTHERS FOR THE CURRENT MONTH

Me:
Could I see these charts, please? And their method as well, preferably.

Perry:
I GUESS TIME WILL TELL WHAT TAKES PLACE IF ANYTHING. I SHOULD BETTER LOOK INTO SAID CHART MYSELF AS I HAVE DATES OF INTEREST I NEED CHECK. BUT WE ALSO COULD ALWAYS TAKE SAID CHART AND LOOK AT THE PEAKS AND VALLEYS PRIOR AND SEE WHAT IF ANYTHING TOOK PLACE?

Me:
Do you have these charts or not?
Do you have any actual justifications for what you believe on this issue?

Perry:
LETS SEE. NO AS I STATED PRIOR I WOULD NEED TO SEE SAID CHART AND REVIEW PEAKS AND VALLYS FOR WORLD EVENTS. I HAD WATCHED SEVERAL INTERVIEWS OVER A DECADE AGO ON THE ISSUE AND WAS AMAZED AT THE FINDINGS AND VIEWS. ALSO HE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE AGAIN WITH SUCH A CHART AND VIEW ON THE MATTER.

Me:
If you do not have these other charts, you do not know their methods and you have not analyzed them yet, are you willing to recant your position until you actually discover whether or not these claims are substantiated by the scientific method?

Perry:
RECANT MY POSITION? WHAT CLAIMS ARE WE LOOKING 2 SUBSTANTIATE? THE FACT THAT HE AS MANY OTHERS HAVE AND USED MATHMATICS ALONG WITH CHARTS 2 SHOW THE PEAKS AND VALLYS OF THE HUMAN RACE AND ITS GROTH OR STAGNATION IN KNOWLEDGE?

AND SORRY I USE CAPS ON FB

Me:
Yes and that such charts and the methods used to make them are valid, reliable, and can be used to accurately predict phenomena in the future.

And the caps lock really isn't necessary. It's very hard to take you seriously.

Currently waiting on the next reply. Of course I've had to consider whether he's just a troll. Unfortunately, I really don't think that's the case.

Do you think you'd be able to keep your cool with this person?

Why do you respond to someone who may be a troll?
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 8:56:18 AM
http://knowyourmeme.com...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 10:46:42 AM
Immense stupidity is near the top of my Things-That-Make-Me-Question-Helping-Mankind list.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:37:50 PM
At 8/13/2012 4:26:13 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

Freedo, How are you? I hope well, it seems so. I was wanting to ask a question. How do I add quotes and such on my post at the bottom? I had some, IDK, how they are gone and have not found the option again. Please, Thanks.

When you make a post, there's blue writing underneath the box that says "Edit My Signature". Click on that.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:38:33 PM
At 8/13/2012 6:38:19 AM, Jon1 wrote:
Why do you respond to someone who may be a troll?

Like I said, I don't think they were trolling. I encounter a lot of people like this.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 11:26:08 PM
At 8/13/2012 3:37:50 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/13/2012 4:26:13 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

When you make a post, there's blue writing underneath the box that says "Edit My Signature". Click on that.

Thanks alot Freedo. You tha man.
TheAsylum