Jump to topic:

PSA: Dating Nerds

tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 3:47:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's extremely difficult to date nerds, not because girls don't like nerds, but because nerds are less likely to make the first move. Last night I told my boyfriend I was wearing nice underwear and asked him to check my bra size because I was "surprised it fits, it's a 32D". He said "it's too dark, I can't read it" then left to work on a computer program he's developing.

So this is my public service announcement to the nerds of DDO: For God's sake, make a move!
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 4:05:04 PM
Lmao

I should add that after he said he can't read my bra size, I said "do my boobs look bigger though?" To which he replied "no" and then went to work on his program.
yang.
mark.marrocco
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 4:26:29 PM
At 8/20/2012 4:08:49 PM, darkkermit wrote:
although i'm curious if this guy just has a low sex drive.

Probably: http://www.globalresearch.ca...
"Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence."
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 4:39:25 PM
This reminded me of a quote I heard one time.

"An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex"
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 4:41:30 PM
At 8/20/2012 4:39:25 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

"An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex"

Sir Issac Newton's proudest achievement was obtaining a life of celibacy.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 4:58:03 PM
At 8/20/2012 4:41:30 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 8/20/2012 4:39:25 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Sir Issac Newton's proudest achievement was obtaining a life of celibacy.

He is the one guy in the world who high fived other dudes for not getting laid.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
mark.marrocco
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 5:11:23 PM
Nikola Tesla never had sex either. I consider myself an intellectual and certainly get preoccupied with things, but never? lol
"Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence."
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 5:13:06 PM
At 8/20/2012 5:11:23 PM, mark.marrocco wrote:
Nikola Tesla never had sex either. I consider myself an intellectual and certainly get preoccupied with things, but never? lol

really, that's interesting. Apparently nikola Tesla was greatly in favor of eugenics. However, he himself believed that he was unworthy of reproducing.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:11:33 PM
Perhaps your boyfriend has learned how to program boobs onto his computer, and he prefers the sweet, inorganic touch of a fembot. Mmmmhm, robot sex.
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:16:01 PM
At 8/20/2012 3:47:06 PM, tulle wrote:
It's extremely difficult to date nerds, not because girls don't like nerds, but because nerds are less likely to make the first move. Last night I told my boyfriend I was wearing nice underwear and asked him to check my bra size because I was "surprised it fits, it's a 32D". He said "it's too dark, I can't read it" then left to work on a computer program he's developing.

So this is my public service announcement to the nerds of DDO: For God's sake, make a move!

just confront him
say if u dont do shiit
then i m leavin with my boobs
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:39:32 PM
He didn't feel like it.

If you live with your man, chances are your biorhythms are going to conflict at times, unless one (or both) of you are insatiable. If it's just one of you, then it'll just be whenever he or she feels like it (wait until they come to you), but if its both you, then you'll just be fvcking all the time.

In any case, it may just be bad timing, and it likely isn't personal. Guys are weird. Sure, we like panties and provocative behavior and all that, but at the right time, it doesn't even take that to get us going. Get a nice camel toe going in some regular asss pajamas and we're ready to jump you if we're in the mood.

Or, well, maybe that's just me. But, really -- the fact is that if you're trying that hard and not getting a response, it just isn't a good time.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:49:26 PM
At 8/20/2012 5:14:21 PM, darkkermit wrote:
See, how did a topic where nonentity was talking about her boobs end up in a discussion about Nikola tesla :p.

Lmfao
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:55:30 PM
At 8/20/2012 9:39:32 PM, Ren wrote:
He didn't feel like it.

If you live with your man, chances are your biorhythms are going to conflict at times, unless one (or both) of you are insatiable. If it's just one of you, then it'll just be whenever he or she feels like it (wait until they come to you), but if its both you, then you'll just be fvcking all the time.

In any case, it may just be bad timing, and it likely isn't personal. Guys are weird. Sure, we like panties and provocative behavior and all that, but at the right time, it doesn't even take that to get us going. Get a nice camel toe going in some regular asss pajamas and we're ready to jump you if we're in the mood.

Or, well, maybe that's just me. But, really -- the fact is that if you're trying that hard and not getting a response, it just isn't a good time.

Within 5 min of that happening I decided to go home and he was completely oblivious and confused as to why that was happening lol. When I told him afterward, he was really apologetic :p

I think nerdy guys either have a hard time reading girls' signals, or they just have too much on their minds to notice. I nearly put this one in the friend zone because he took so long to kiss me for the first time :/
yang.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 11:20:07 PM
What nerds lack in their understanding of subtlety and social cues, they make up for in eagerness and willingness to take direction. You'd likely have more luck with bluntness and a list of instructions.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 12:18:48 AM
At 8/20/2012 11:20:07 PM, Maikuru wrote:
What nerds lack in their understanding of subtlety and social cues, they make up for in eagerness and willingness to take direction. You'd likely have more luck with bluntness and a list of instructions.

Lol I think this is exactly right. Unfortunately for nerds they come off as stand-offish, or as though they're not interested. So then girls move on to guys who are more assertive with showing their interest.
yang.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 12:23:54 AM
At 8/20/2012 10:55:30 PM, tulle wrote:

I think guys have a hard time reading girls' signals.

Fixed.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 12:31:04 AM
At 8/21/2012 12:23:54 AM, popculturepooka wrote:

Fixed.

Lol I feel sorry for all of you.
yang.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 12:34:18 AM
At 8/21/2012 12:31:04 AM, tulle wrote:

Fixed.

Wait, so were you not concerned about your bra size?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 12:47:16 AM
At 8/21/2012 12:34:18 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/21/2012 12:31:04 AM, tulle wrote:

Fixed.

Wait, so were you not concerned about your bra size?

This. I would have done the same as that guy.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 12:56:34 AM
I understand what he was thinking about. I know my girlfriend pushes for sex a lot harder than I do, and sometimes I can't even pick up on obvious clues. Maybe it's just that nerds may be a little less.....socially adept than most other people and aren't as able to pick up on clues that you wanna get freaky in da sheets instead of watch them play Call of Duty (thank god I have a girlfriend who's a bigger nerd than I am or else I'd be screwed). I think you might also be right that it might just be because nerds are generally less assertive than normal guys are (from personal experience, I can definitely agree that I am NOT all that assertive) and we generally don't like to display what we're feeling that much.

I guess the only thing to do is be patient with him and keep at it. If you have to, be really, really, really obvious and blunt with him until he gets the point (I know I laugh at my obliviousness at times).
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 1:00:35 AM
You guys are all over thinking the matter. The truth is...

Your BF has caught teh ghey. He was visited by teh ghey fairy and infected with teh ghey virus. The only cure for teh ghey is for you to whip out your jugs and smother teh ghey out of him.

As a doctor, I advise you film this and post the video online -- so I can verify that you performed the treatment correctly of course.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 1:02:50 AM
Get him the newest DLC for his favorite game.

Way to a nerds heart.

But, since that's not the issue here, perhaps be more direct?

I mean, maybe he got the hunt, but thought that he could be wrong about the hint, and if he was wrong about the hint, that would be bad, and if.....

You get the idea.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 1:05:00 AM
At 8/21/2012 1:02:50 AM, OberHerr wrote:
Get him the newest DLC for his favorite game.

Way to a nerds heart.

But, since that's not the issue here, perhaps be more direct?

I mean, maybe he got the hint, but thought that he could be wrong about the hint, and if he was wrong about the hint, that would be bad, and if.....

You get the idea.

O.O

HINT. I meant HINT.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-