Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Depressed today

Greyparrot
Posts: 20,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 7:41:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just backed my Dad's 37,000 dollar car into a telephone pole while trying to pick him up from a restaurant in a rainstorm. Broke a 17 year streak of zero accidents :(
Crying about how much the Trump wall is going to cost is like a heroin addict complaining about how much the needles cost.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,157
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 7:51:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/24/2012 7:48:10 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm a dinosaur.
Everyone I love is dead.

You win!
I'm just a cro magnon masquerading as one of you.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 8:00:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/24/2012 7:51:07 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 8/24/2012 7:48:10 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm a dinosaur.
Everyone I love is dead.

You win!

And everyone else looses.

As for Greyparrot, sorry for the accident. I hope there weren't any terrible repercussions...;)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 8:00:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/24/2012 8:00:32 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/24/2012 7:51:07 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 8/24/2012 7:48:10 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm a dinosaur.
Everyone I love is dead.

You win!

And everyone else loses.
Fixed.
As for Greyparrot, sorry for the accident. I hope there weren't any terrible repercussions...;)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 8:55:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ouch. As little I know about cars, you likely are only going to have to replace the back bumper. May be a little costly, but I don't think it will be that bad.

How did your dad take it?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Greyparrot
Posts: 20,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 12:06:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/24/2012 8:55:41 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Ouch. As little I know about cars, you likely are only going to have to replace the back bumper. May be a little costly, but I don't think it will be that bad.

How did your dad take it?

Yes it was only the bumper. He took it fine, but I couldn't shake the depression.
Crying about how much the Trump wall is going to cost is like a heroin addict complaining about how much the needles cost.
YYW
Posts: 45,583
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:10:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/24/2012 7:41:15 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Just backed my Dad's 37,000 dollar car into a telephone pole while trying to pick him up from a restaurant in a rainstorm. Broke a 17 year streak of zero accidents :(

That's why people have insurance.
Greyparrot
Posts: 20,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 5:23:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/25/2012 1:10:56 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/24/2012 7:41:15 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Just backed my Dad's 37,000 dollar car into a telephone pole while trying to pick him up from a restaurant in a rainstorm. Broke a 17 year streak of zero accidents :(

That's why people have insurance.

People have insurance when they damage their car every year. 17 years of insurance premiums invested could buy that car twice over.
Crying about how much the Trump wall is going to cost is like a heroin addict complaining about how much the needles cost.
YYW
Posts: 45,583
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 10:09:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/25/2012 5:23:37 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 8/25/2012 1:10:56 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/24/2012 7:41:15 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Just backed my Dad's 37,000 dollar car into a telephone pole while trying to pick him up from a restaurant in a rainstorm. Broke a 17 year streak of zero accidents :(

That's why people have insurance.

People have insurance when they damage their car every year. 17 years of insurance premiums invested could buy that car twice over.

People have insurance because state laws require them to. Sorry to hear about your accident though. The point is that his insurance should cover it (or yours).
Greyparrot
Posts: 20,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 10:02:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Collision is not mandatory: unless you don't actually own your car and you pay a bank a monthly fee to drive their car around.
Crying about how much the Trump wall is going to cost is like a heroin addict complaining about how much the needles cost.
YYW
Posts: 45,583
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 10:49:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/26/2012 10:02:57 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Collision is not mandatory: unless you don't actually own your car and you pay a bank a monthly fee to drive their car around.

So what you're saying is that you/he didn't have insurance?