Jump to topic:

Just out of curiosity

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 12:19:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is anyone here a regular MUNer? Or is interested in the concept of MUNs?

Given that this seems to be a predominantly American site, and MUN being an American concept, I thought there might be people interested in that.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 12:21:11 PM
Never heard of it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 12:34:28 PM
No, especially considering how much Americans hate negotiating with 'inferrior' European nations.

It's funny, because I always hear people complaining that the UN is so corrupt and horrible and America should just leave as not to get dragged down in the mud by all the other countries. The irony is that the US is one of the main sources of that corruption.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 12:41:11 PM
At 8/25/2012 12:34:28 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
No, especially considering how much Americans hate negotiating with 'inferrior' European nations.

It's funny, because I always hear people complaining that the UN is so corrupt and horrible and America should just leave as not to get dragged down in the mud by all the other countries. The irony is that the US is one of the main sources of that corruption.

Yeah, I thought Russia and China could have thought that. They are usually painted as the bad guys. USA is pretty safe, as far as the diplomatic relations are concerned.

US policies are often hypocritical though. That's why the country is reserved for the most experienced delegates, it's so tricky to represent USA.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:20:01 PM
I did it for my government class. Thought it was boring as heck and got a terrible grade simply because I didn't participate much at all.

The main thing that sucked though was it counted for a big chunk of my final grade and my teachers didn't tell us it would and the other ten times as big project that happened earlier, which I wrote a massive paper for and got an A+, was not counted for much of the grade when the teachers said it would. (run-one sentence ftw)
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 4:55:59 AM
Maybe it's because of the scale of organization. Because, frankly, I've gone through a lot of discussions on this site, and I do believe that people here should love the concept, if it was organized properly.