Total Posts:64|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

YYW is an @sshole. Who knew?

YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:07:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Apparently I offended another member because he typed a "lengthy" response and my sole response was "lol." I just thought that DDO should know that, in fact, YYW, is an @sshole. This shouldn't come as news to most of you, but I suppose it may surprise some. Let it be known throughout the land, from sea to shining sea, across the pond, etc.

lol
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:18:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is there no one who wants to tell me all the reasons why I'm an @sshole? I'm actually quite surprised. I thought for sure a few would jump at this opportunity.

lol
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:27:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 1:26:06 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I'm still not exactly sure who you are.

I am not important.
Tsar of DDO
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:27:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 1:18:50 AM, YYW wrote:
Is there no one who wants to tell me all the reasons why I'm an @sshole? I'm actually quite surprised. I thought for sure a few would jump at this opportunity.

lol

U r dum
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 3:24:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
If you're an @sshole, you are a sophisticated one with lots of nuanced sphincter contractions, sensory perceptions, and musical tastes.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 3:42:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 3:00:24 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Where did you do this?

This was with me on the thread you started about taxation and theft. And YYW makes it seem like I was really pissed or something, but all I said was this-

"Seeing as we're on a debate website and having a reasonable discussion about the morality of taxation, if you're going to respond to someone's relatively substantive post arguing against taxation, it's rude and dumb and pointless to respond just by saying "lol".

I think that warrants being said whether or not one is "offended"; I merely wanted YYW to actually criticize my arguments if he was going to be publicly disagreeing with them. I didn't think it was a big deal, and I certainly don't think it makes you an @$$hole, YYW - honestly I haven't ever conversed with you and I know nothing about you.
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 8:02:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 3:42:16 AM, jat93 wrote:
At 8/27/2012 3:00:24 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Where did you do this?

This was with me on the thread you started about taxation and theft. And YYW makes it seem like I was really pissed or something, but all I said was this-

"Seeing as we're on a debate website and having a reasonable discussion about the morality of taxation, if you're going to respond to someone's relatively substantive post arguing against taxation, it's rude and dumb and pointless to respond just by saying "lol".

I think that warrants being said whether or not one is "offended"; I merely wanted YYW to actually criticize my arguments if he was going to be publicly disagreeing with them. I didn't think it was a big deal, and I certainly don't think it makes you an @$$hole, YYW - honestly I haven't ever conversed with you and I know nothing about you.

I wasn't offended, lol. And this thread wasn't about you or what you did. It's about me and my being an @sshole. lol. No worries.
Tsar of DDO
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 9:22:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lol, people HATE it when it seems as though you're laughing.

I type "lol," "lmao," "lmfao," and "lmfaooOOoOoO" all the time, as I see appropriate, given the amount of laughter with which a given post has blessed me.

It has earned me some negative commentary, indeed.

However, this is in no way meant to be a statement on whatever situation this thread refers to. I really don't know anything about that, lol.
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 11:07:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 9:22:16 AM, Ren wrote:
Lol, people HATE it when it seems as though you're laughing.

I type "lol," "lmao," "lmfao," and "lmfaooOOoOoO" all the time, as I see appropriate, given the amount of laughter with which a given post has blessed me.

It has earned me some negative commentary, indeed.

However, this is in no way meant to be a statement on whatever situation this thread refers to. I really don't know anything about that, lol.

I think people get offended when they are laughed at, as if lol'ing implies a certain degree of dismissiveness. But I do the same thing:

A lol from me means I actually laughed out loud -but not for very long.

A rofl from me means that I actually laughed at what I saw for more than three seconds.

With a roflmao, I'm practically guffawing.
Tsar of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:13:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Laughing is a coping mechanism on this website. There have been times where I've read things on DDO that were so stupid I honestly felt like I couldn't breathe. The idea that people could not only be so ignorant – but worse – consider themselves intelligible and make such absurd assertions really got to me more often than I'd care to admit. I wouldn't really notice until I realized that my blood pressure felt significantly higher than usual, and I was typing furiously on my poor and innocent keyboard that was forced to endure all of my intellectual wrath and fury. And then I realized… where am I going with this? What is the point of this? Oscar Wilde once said, "It is only the intellectually lost who ever argue." While I don't necessarily agree, the point sticks with me. I get absolutely nothing but frustrated and angry when I debate with people on certain things that I feel are personal or important. In a recent thread about marriage, I read more of Sadolite's gems where he proposed that without the institution of marriage, all of us probably wouldn't have been born (an interesting assertion given the hundreds of millions of bastard children born throughout the ages). Rather than get annoyed by certain comments that were presumably meant to instigate the argument over same-sex marriage, I honestly prefer just to laugh. I literally LOL while reading a lot of things people say here. If I didn't, I would seriously be doing myself a huge disservice by browsing this website at all. It could stress me out more than most real-life situations which are far more important. Laughing might come off as condescending, but I'd rather have my scathing disapproval be implied rather than risk a ban spelling out what I think of certain people's intelligence lol.
President of DDO
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:19:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You're not an @sshole, you're just an imperialist (:
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:39:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 12:13:14 PM, Danielle wrote:
Laughing is a coping mechanism on this website. There have been times where I've read things on DDO that were so stupid I honestly felt like I couldn't breathe.

Same.

The idea that people could not only be so ignorant – but worse – consider themselves intelligible and make such absurd assertions really got to me more often than I'd care to admit.

Me too!

I wouldn't really notice until I realized that my blood pressure felt significantly higher than usual, and I was typing furiously on my poor and innocent keyboard that was forced to endure all of my intellectual wrath and fury.

When I first joined this site, some things got me to react in that way. Now, I know there is nothing new under the sun. There are some things that still irritate me (like gay bashing, abortion debates, and mention of the Kalam Cosmological Argument), but I think I'm more patient now then I previously was.

And then I realized… where am I going with this? What is the point of this? Oscar Wilde once said, "It is only the intellectually lost who ever argue." While I don't necessarily agree, the point sticks with me.

Wilde was a man who knew how to live, and I've even picked up a few tricks from what of his works I've read/seen (bunburrying, etc.). although Wilde also said that we kill the thing we love... and I think that's often the case with some debaters.

I get absolutely nothing but frustrated and angry when I debate with people on certain things that I feel are personal or important. In a recent thread about marriage, I read more of Sadolite's gems where he proposed that without the institution of marriage, all of us probably wouldn't have been born (an interesting assertion given the hundreds of millions of bastard children born throughout the ages). Rather than get annoyed by certain comments that were presumably meant to instigate the argument over same-sex marriage, I honestly prefer just to laugh. I literally LOL while reading a lot of things people say here. If I didn't, I would seriously be doing myself a huge disservice by browsing this website at all. It could stress me out more than most real-life situations which are far more important.

Loling is cathartic, and indeed preferable to most alternatives.

Laughing might come off as condescending, but I'd rather have my scathing disapproval be implied rather than risk a ban spelling out what I think of certain people's intelligence lol.

The first time I taught a class -the subject of which I don't especially relevant- I can say with fullest confidence that the experience of teaching was more educational to me than I think it was to the students tasked with dissecting my reading assignments. The class was taught in a conservative environment, and I -being rather not socially conservative- simply couldn't believe the difference in how I saw things, and how the students saw the same subject. That, and working in another capacity where I had to interact with people in a political setting, was one of the most eye-opening experiences I have ever had.

I largely view people on DDO with whom I disagree -with a few exceptions- in the same way as I viewed the students I taught. I would like to think that a few of their minds were more opened when they left class then when they came in, and generally, that's the end I'm shooting for on DDO. (I also like talking about stuff, lol.)

That being said, however, I have my bad days. Yesterday was an irritating day, for various reasons not related to DDO, and I reacted by starting this thread -oops. Sometimes I really can be absolutely cruel (as some members on here know), but I'm only like that when a person reasonably deserves it. Otherwise, I'm just a condescending wise-@ss who really means well, deep down.

I always try to think of what a wise politician and dear friend of mine said to me when I was in college: "Don't make the mistake of judging another man. If you were in his situation, you would do precisely the same thing for precisely the same reasons."
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:41:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 12:19:06 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
You're not an @sshole, you're just an imperialist (:

lol... am I?
Tsar of DDO
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:56:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 12:13:14 PM, Danielle wrote:
Laughing is a coping mechanism on this website. There have been times where I've read things on DDO that were so stupid I honestly felt like I couldn't breathe. The idea that people could not only be so ignorant – but worse – consider themselves intelligible and make such absurd assertions really got to me more often than I'd care to admit. I wouldn't really notice until I realized that my blood pressure felt significantly higher than usual, and I was typing furiously on my poor and innocent keyboard that was forced to endure all of my intellectual wrath and fury. And then I realized… where am I going with this? What is the point of this? Oscar Wilde once said, "It is only the intellectually lost who ever argue." While I don't necessarily agree, the point sticks with me. I get absolutely nothing but frustrated and angry when I debate with people on certain things that I feel are personal or important. In a recent thread about marriage, I read more of Sadolite's gems where he proposed that without the institution of marriage, all of us probably wouldn't have been born (an interesting assertion given the hundreds of millions of bastard children born throughout the ages). Rather than get annoyed by certain comments that were presumably meant to instigate the argument over same-sex marriage, I honestly prefer just to laugh. I literally LOL while reading a lot of things people say here. If I didn't, I would seriously be doing myself a huge disservice by browsing this website at all. It could stress me out more than most real-life situations which are far more important. Laughing might come off as condescending, but I'd rather have my scathing disapproval be implied rather than risk a ban spelling out what I think of certain people's intelligence lol.

yeah, but it's a double-edged sword. When you have resounding sense behind your case, which you often do, then you can laugh if you want.

What gets me are the people that write "lol" when they didn't even fvcking understand the argument you were making to begin with.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:02:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 1:41:00 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/27/2012 12:19:06 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
You're not an @sshole, you're just an imperialist (:

lol... am I?

I think so. By my standards, anyway.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Jon1
Posts: 314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:53:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 12:13:14 PM, Danielle wrote:
Laughing is a coping mechanism on this website. There have been times where I've read things on DDO that were so stupid I honestly felt like I couldn't breathe. The idea that people could not only be so ignorant – but worse – consider themselves intelligible and make such absurd assertions really got to me more often than I'd care to admit. I wouldn't really notice until I realized that my blood pressure felt significantly higher than usual, and I was typing furiously on my poor and innocent keyboard that was forced to endure all of my intellectual wrath and fury. And then I realized… where am I going with this? What is the point of this? Oscar Wilde once said, "It is only the intellectually lost who ever argue." While I don't necessarily agree, the point sticks with me. I get absolutely nothing but frustrated and angry when I debate with people on certain things that I feel are personal or important. In a recent thread about marriage, I read more of Sadolite's gems where he proposed that without the institution of marriage, all of us probably wouldn't have been born (an interesting assertion given the hundreds of millions of bastard children born throughout the ages). Rather than get annoyed by certain comments that were presumably meant to instigate the argument over same-sex marriage, I honestly prefer just to laugh. I literally LOL while reading a lot of things people say here. If I didn't, I would seriously be doing myself a huge disservice by browsing this website at all. It could stress me out more than most real-life situations which are far more important. Laughing might come off as condescending, but I'd rather have my scathing disapproval be implied rather than risk a ban spelling out what I think of certain people's intelligence lol.

So you have an unhealthy emotional investment into this site. Have you tried meditation?

Btw, you don't have to be a Buddhist to mediate. I'm not a Buddhist but I do meditate. As a result, things like that don't happen to me :)
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 4:49:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 1:56:18 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/27/2012 12:13:14 PM, Danielle wrote:
Laughing is a coping mechanism on this website. There have been times where I've read things on DDO that were so stupid I honestly felt like I couldn't breathe. The idea that people could not only be so ignorant – but worse – consider themselves intelligible and make such absurd assertions really got to me more often than I'd care to admit. I wouldn't really notice until I realized that my blood pressure felt significantly higher than usual, and I was typing furiously on my poor and innocent keyboard that was forced to endure all of my intellectual wrath and fury. And then I realized… where am I going with this? What is the point of this? Oscar Wilde once said, "It is only the intellectually lost who ever argue." While I don't necessarily agree, the point sticks with me. I get absolutely nothing but frustrated and angry when I debate with people on certain things that I feel are personal or important. In a recent thread about marriage, I read more of Sadolite's gems where he proposed that without the institution of marriage, all of us probably wouldn't have been born (an interesting assertion given the hundreds of millions of bastard children born throughout the ages). Rather than get annoyed by certain comments that were presumably meant to instigate the argument over same-sex marriage, I honestly prefer just to laugh. I literally LOL while reading a lot of things people say here. If I didn't, I would seriously be doing myself a huge disservice by browsing this website at all. It could stress me out more than most real-life situations which are far more important. Laughing might come off as condescending, but I'd rather have my scathing disapproval be implied rather than risk a ban spelling out what I think of certain people's intelligence lol.

yeah, but it's a double-edged sword. When you have resounding sense behind your case, which you often do, then you can laugh if you want.

What gets me are the people that write "lol" when they didn't even fvcking understand the argument you were making to begin with.

I suppose it's only fair to grant such a possibility. I can further suppose that it is the case that some may, in fact, do something like that. I can say that it has never been the case that I have ever posted "lol" to something I don't understand on DDO.

I will disclose, though, that I am guilty of pressing people to see if they understand what they have said. Although that's just something I do for the entertainment value of it.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 8:37:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
More good stuff to add to the YYW @sshole thread:

Apparently I don't understand anything. Granted, there are many things I don't understand. Quantum physics. String Theory. Why Sarah Palin appeals to many Americans. But I do understand many other things... politics, philosophy, economics, mathematics, logic, history, sociology, psychology, etc.
Tsar of DDO
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 8:42:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 8:37:56 PM, YYW wrote:
More good stuff to add to the YYW @sshole thread:

Apparently I don't understand anything. Granted, there are many things I don't understand. Quantum physics. String Theory. Why Sarah Palin appeals to many Americans. But I do understand many other things... politics, philosophy, economics, mathematics, logic, history, sociology, psychology, etc.

Was this ever raised by a member in a conversation with you???
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 8:45:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 8:42:48 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/27/2012 8:37:56 PM, YYW wrote:
More good stuff to add to the YYW @sshole thread:

Apparently I don't understand anything. Granted, there are many things I don't understand. Quantum physics. String Theory. Why Sarah Palin appeals to many Americans. But I do understand many other things... politics, philosophy, economics, mathematics, logic, history, sociology, psychology, etc.

Was this ever raised by a member in a conversation with you???

I denounced Alex Jones and David Icke as -arguably- insane conspiracy theorists with a member who disagreed. It was then determined by said member (whose name I see no reason to disclose) that I don't understand anything.

In other news....

I know that it may seem like I'm making a thread to paint myself as a "victim" of sorts, but I want to be clear, that is categorically not the case. I add these things (1) because they are deeply entertaining and (2) so that when necessary I can read something to cheer myself up.
Tsar of DDO
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 8:47:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 8:45:42 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/27/2012 8:42:48 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/27/2012 8:37:56 PM, YYW wrote:
More good stuff to add to the YYW @sshole thread:

Apparently I don't understand anything. Granted, there are many things I don't understand. Quantum physics. String Theory. Why Sarah Palin appeals to many Americans. But I do understand many other things... politics, philosophy, economics, mathematics, logic, history, sociology, psychology, etc.

Was this ever raised by a member in a conversation with you???

I denounced Alex Jones and David Icke as -arguably- insane conspiracy theorists with a member who disagreed. It was then determined by said member (whose name I see no reason to disclose) that I don't understand anything.

It's unfortunate to see people assessing a state of knowledge with such an absolute, let alone using one reason-pure disagreement--as the reasoning...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 8:52:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 8:47:02 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/27/2012 8:45:42 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/27/2012 8:42:48 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/27/2012 8:37:56 PM, YYW wrote:
More good stuff to add to the YYW @sshole thread:

Apparently I don't understand anything. Granted, there are many things I don't understand. Quantum physics. String Theory. Why Sarah Palin appeals to many Americans. But I do understand many other things... politics, philosophy, economics, mathematics, logic, history, sociology, psychology, etc.

Was this ever raised by a member in a conversation with you???

I denounced Alex Jones and David Icke as -arguably- insane conspiracy theorists with a member who disagreed. It was then determined by said member (whose name I see no reason to disclose) that I don't understand anything.

It's unfortunate to see people assessing a state of knowledge with such an absolute, let alone using one reason-pure disagreement--as the reasoning...

Lol... its cool. I don't think he meant any harm by it.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 8:53:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 3:24:55 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
If you're an @sshole, you are a sophisticated one with lots of nuanced sphincter contractions, sensory perceptions, and musical tastes.

This is just pristine. Wanted to be sure I drew attention to it, given that I am an @sshole.
Tsar of DDO
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 8:56:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 8:53:59 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/27/2012 3:24:55 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
If you're an @sshole, you are a sophisticated one with lots of nuanced sphincter contractions, sensory perceptions, and musical tastes.

This is just pristine. Wanted to be sure I drew attention to it, given that I am an @sshole.

Did you refine the craft of being one, just with some good tastes and an educated spirit? :P
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 8:57:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 8:52:58 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/27/2012 8:47:02 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/27/2012 8:45:42 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/27/2012 8:42:48 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/27/2012 8:37:56 PM, YYW wrote:
More good stuff to add to the YYW @sshole thread:

Apparently I don't understand anything. Granted, there are many things I don't understand. Quantum physics. String Theory. Why Sarah Palin appeals to many Americans. But I do understand many other things... politics, philosophy, economics, mathematics, logic, history, sociology, psychology, etc.

Was this ever raised by a member in a conversation with you???

I denounced Alex Jones and David Icke as -arguably- insane conspiracy theorists with a member who disagreed. It was then determined by said member (whose name I see no reason to disclose) that I don't understand anything.

It's unfortunate to see people assessing a state of knowledge with such an absolute, let alone using one reason-pure disagreement--as the reasoning...

Lol... its cool. I don't think he meant any harm by it.

Hmmm...I was under the impression that he did. But then again, I hope I gnow who you're talking about. ;)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 9:00:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/27/2012 8:57:26 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/27/2012 8:52:58 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/27/2012 8:47:02 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/27/2012 8:45:42 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/27/2012 8:42:48 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/27/2012 8:37:56 PM, YYW wrote:
More good stuff to add to the YYW @sshole thread:

Apparently I don't understand anything. Granted, there are many things I don't understand. Quantum physics. String Theory. Why Sarah Palin appeals to many Americans. But I do understand many other things... politics, philosophy, economics, mathematics, logic, history, sociology, psychology, etc.

Was this ever raised by a member in a conversation with you???

I denounced Alex Jones and David Icke as -arguably- insane conspiracy theorists with a member who disagreed. It was then determined by said member (whose name I see no reason to disclose) that I don't understand anything.

It's unfortunate to see people assessing a state of knowledge with such an absolute, let alone using one reason-pure disagreement--as the reasoning...

Lol... its cool. I don't think he meant any harm by it.

Hmmm...I was under the impression that he did. But then again, I hope I gnow who you're talking about. ;)

lol, well since I don't understand anything it is thusly plausible that I don't understand said individual's motives. rofl
Tsar of DDO