Jump to topic:

Irritating Isaac

UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:08:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Just an FYI, four-hour-plus power outages caused by hurricanes/tropical storms are really boring. And infuriating. Especially when the power comes back on for a few minutes and then, *lights go off* Really effing infuriating.

So, as you can tell, I'm probably the only currently semi-active member on this site who is weathering out the weather dished out by hurricane/tropical storm Isaac. Which, at least where I am, is mainly rain. LOTS of rain. Like, since late afternoon of yesterday. Yes, I have been experiencing rain from this system since yesterday. And it really hasn't changed 'til now. When it REALLY hasn't changed.

Isaac seems to be content where it is, and it doesn't want to move. Early this morning, I watched the Weather Channel and it was not too far where it is now. Seriously. I'm lucky to be in a fairly well-elevated place, and that this storm wasn't as strong as it could have been. But it doesn't mean that this storm isn't annoying.

But you know the worst part about it? I probably have to go to school tomorrow. Whoopie.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:13:49 PM
At 8/29/2012 7:08:52 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
Just an FYI, four-hour-plus power outages caused by hurricanes/tropical storms are really boring. And infuriating. Especially when the power comes back on for a few minutes and then, *lights go off* Really effing infuriating.

So, as you can tell, I'm probably the only currently semi-active member on this site

**As far as I can tell

who is weathering out the weather dished out by hurricane/tropical storm Isaac. Which, at least where I am, is mainly rain. LOTS of rain. Like, since late afternoon of yesterday. Yes, I have been experiencing rain from this system since yesterday. And it really hasn't changed 'til now. When it REALLY hasn't changed.

Isaac seems to be content where it is, and it doesn't want to move. Early this morning, I watched the Weather Channel and it was not too far where it is now. Seriously. I'm lucky to be in a fairly well-elevated place, and that this storm wasn't as strong as it could have been. But it doesn't mean that this storm isn't annoying.

But you know the worst part about it? I probably have to go to school tomorrow. Whoopie.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:18:16 PM

So, as you can tell, I'm probably the only currently semi-active member on this site who is weathering out the weather dished out by hurricane/tropical storm Isaac. Which, at least where I am, is mainly rain. LOTS of rain. Like, since late afternoon of yesterday. Yes, I have been experiencing rain from this system since yesterday. And it really hasn't changed 'til now. When it REALLY hasn't changed.

The horror...the horror...
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 7:19:22 PM
At 8/29/2012 7:18:16 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

The horror...the horror...

I know right? /trolling
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 3:17:02 AM
Lol, I got basically nihl rain and I live in Florida :P
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 11:08:35 AM
At 8/30/2012 3:17:02 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
Lol, I got basically nihl rain and I live in Florida :P

Noise-induced hearing loss rain is the worst kind. I hope you can still hold a normal conversation in person. Best of luck to you!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.