Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Constant fatigue

MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 4:17:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's because the quality of my sleep is low. I need ten hours of sleep to get the equivalent of six hours of rest for normal people. Is there anything I can do to help?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 4:55:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Have you gotten a professional opinion on why you need more sleep?

It could be that you have a poor-quality bed. It seems minute, but there's a reason memory foam beds are on the rage. the difference in sleep quality between a bad bed and a good bed are extreme. I'm not sure if this is your issue, but its an idea.

To help with fatigue directly, I'd recommend a vitamin B complex.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 9:23:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/5/2012 4:17:08 PM, MouthWash wrote:
It's because the quality of my sleep is low. I need ten hours of sleep to get the equivalent of six hours of rest for normal people. Is there anything I can do to help?:

I would go to a sleep clinic, if I were you, to see if you suffer from sleep apnea or some other abnormality that can be corrected. Problem solved. F*ck, I'm a goddamned genius!!!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
DavidJames1
Posts: 122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 4:49:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/5/2012 4:17:08 PM, MouthWash wrote:
It's because the quality of my sleep is low. I need ten hours of sleep to get the equivalent of six hours of rest for normal people. Is there anything I can do to help?

What type of Fatigue is it?
I know I struggle to get up in the mornings because I have CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) but sleeping doesn't help it. After ten hours sleep, are you able to get up and have an active day? Or do you still struggle to do many taxing things?
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 7:38:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/5/2012 4:17:08 PM, MouthWash wrote:
It's because the quality of my sleep is low. I need ten hours of sleep to get the equivalent of six hours of rest for normal people. Is there anything I can do to help?

Most people need about 7-9 hours of sleep to be refreshed. Only 3% of the human population needs 6 hours of sleep, [1] others usually get 6 hours and have a sleep debt that accumulates, which makes your mental capacity limited by up to 33% or more, makes you much more prone to sickness and disease, and makes you more depressed and sad, groggy, and irritable. So put simply, sleep debt makes you stupid, sad, sick.

I'd recommend 1) a good diet, 2) exercise, and 3) good sleep hygiene.

Exercise no closer than 3 hrs closer to sleep. The exhaustion, and the higher fluctuation in core body temperature, will cause your body to sleep deeper and better.

Increase the iron in your diet, and avoid large meals within 3 or so hours before sleep, as it causes your body to "wake up" and digest the food.

Good sleep hygiene is essential. Have a good sleep routine, and try (if possible) waking up and going to sleep the same time every night. Have a room with few distractions if possible. No pets on the bed. Have a good routine before bed, such as shower, brushing your teeth, then reading or something else relaxing. Listening to relaxing music also has a very good sleep inducing effect, such as white noise. Make sure your bed is comfortable, the room is dark and quiet (unless you're listening to relaxing music), and the room temp. is slightly cool.

http://abcnews.go.com...
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 7:40:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 7:38:19 PM, Contra wrote:
At 9/5/2012 4:17:08 PM, MouthWash wrote:
It's because the quality of my sleep is low. I need ten hours of sleep to get the equivalent of six hours of rest for normal people. Is there anything I can do to help?

Most people need about 7-9 hours of sleep to be refreshed. Only 3% of the human population needs 6 hours of sleep, [1] others usually get 6 hours and have a sleep debt that accumulates, which makes your mental capacity limited by up to 33% or more, makes you much more prone to sickness and disease, and makes you more depressed and sad, groggy, and irritable. So put simply, sleep debt makes you stupid, sad, sick.

I'd recommend 1) a good diet, 2) exercise, and 3) good sleep hygiene.

Exercise no closer than 3 hrs closer to sleep. The exhaustion, and the higher fluctuation in core body temperature, will cause your body to sleep deeper and better.

Increase the iron in your diet, and avoid large meals within 3 or so hours before sleep, as it causes your body to "wake up" and digest the food.

Good sleep hygiene is essential. Have a good sleep routine, and try (if possible) waking up and going to sleep the same time every night. Have a room with few distractions if possible. No pets on the bed. Have a good routine before bed, such as shower, brushing your teeth, then reading or something else relaxing. Listening to relaxing music also has a very good sleep inducing effect, such as white noise. Make sure your bed is comfortable, the room is dark and quiet (unless you're listening to relaxing music), and the room temp. is slightly cool.








http://abcnews.go.com...

Damn.... thats a good post.

I would reccomend cold showers. They are healthy and wake you up.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:07:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I can totally relate, dude. I suffer from similar problems. I go to bed and then wake up in the morning still feeling tired. People have said it's from of certain nutrients but I have tried supplements and nothing has changed really.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:12:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 8:07:09 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I can totally relate, dude. I suffer from similar problems. I go to bed and then wake up in the morning still feeling tired. People have said it's from of certain nutrients but I have tried supplements and nothing has changed really.

I honestly think If you sleep too much or lack of stuff to do (laziness) can cause you to have this problems. Whenever I have absolutely nothing to do, same thing happen to me.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:17:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 8:12:29 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:07:09 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I can totally relate, dude. I suffer from similar problems. I go to bed and then wake up in the morning still feeling tired. People have said it's from of certain nutrients but I have tried supplements and nothing has changed really.

I honestly think If you sleep too much or lack of stuff to do (laziness) can cause you to have this problems. Whenever I have absolutely nothing to do, same thing happen to me.

Once somebody hires me I can test the theory. I don't want to draw conclusions yet.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:20:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 8:17:41 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:12:29 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:07:09 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I can totally relate, dude. I suffer from similar problems. I go to bed and then wake up in the morning still feeling tired. People have said it's from of certain nutrients but I have tried supplements and nothing has changed really.

I honestly think If you sleep too much or lack of stuff to do (laziness) can cause you to have this problems. Whenever I have absolutely nothing to do, same thing happen to me.

Once somebody hires me I can test the theory. I don't want to draw conclusions yet.

How were you like in high school?

Curious, how many applications do you actually send out and how are you even supporting yourself?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:26:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 8:20:43 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:17:41 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:12:29 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:07:09 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I can totally relate, dude. I suffer from similar problems. I go to bed and then wake up in the morning still feeling tired. People have said it's from of certain nutrients but I have tried supplements and nothing has changed really.

I honestly think If you sleep too much or lack of stuff to do (laziness) can cause you to have this problems. Whenever I have absolutely nothing to do, same thing happen to me.

Once somebody hires me I can test the theory. I don't want to draw conclusions yet.

How were you like in high school?

Honestly, I was the same then too. I would be exhausted all day at school and then essentially come home, have a snack, and then collapse in my bed. I would sleep until almost dinner time.

Curious, how many applications do you actually send out and how are you even supporting yourself?

Well I do qualify for disability so I have that now but considering I'm being kicked out of where I currently live that's not enough. Even just trying to find a cheap place to live is like pulling teeth.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:30:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 8:26:29 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:20:43 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:17:41 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:12:29 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:07:09 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I can totally relate, dude. I suffer from similar problems. I go to bed and then wake up in the morning still feeling tired. People have said it's from of certain nutrients but I have tried supplements and nothing has changed really.

I honestly think If you sleep too much or lack of stuff to do (laziness) can cause you to have this problems. Whenever I have absolutely nothing to do, same thing happen to me.

Once somebody hires me I can test the theory. I don't want to draw conclusions yet.

How were you like in high school?

Honestly, I was the same then too. I would be exhausted all day at school and then essentially come home, have a snack, and then collapse in my bed. I would sleep until almost dinner time.

That's not too out of the ordinary. I did that in high school and sometimes do that after work.

Curious, how many applications do you actually send out and how are you even supporting yourself?

Well I do qualify for disability so I have that now but considering I'm being kicked out of where I currently live that's not enough. Even just trying to find a cheap place to live is like pulling teeth.

Alright, how many applications do you actually send out? Do you have any friends or family that can refer you to a job? What about going to college or a technical school?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:35:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 8:30:24 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Alright, how many applications do you actually send out? Do you have any friends or family that can refer you to a job? What about going to college or a technical school?

Probably not as many as I should be but I live a bit out of town and can't drive so I have to rely on public transit most of the time to get around. I know like four people who work at McDonald's and have talked to them but not even McDonald's will hire me. All the interviews I have had I never heard back from the people.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:49:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 8:35:26 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:30:24 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Alright, how many applications do you actually send out? Do you have any friends or family that can refer you to a job? What about going to college or a technical school?

Probably not as many as I should be but I live a bit out of town and can't drive so I have to rely on public transit most of the time to get around. I know like four people who work at McDonald's and have talked to them but not even McDonald's will hire me. All the interviews I have had I never heard back from the people.

Try at least to apply to 3 places a day. That's not too difficult to do (only takes a few hours). That's 90 applications a month. That's a lot less time compared to actually working 40 hours a week. Its a numbers game after that. Even if the probability of you getting hired is low, If you apply enough someone will hire you.

The more interviews you have, the more questions you'll be prepared for and the more experience you'll have. Always ask questions about working there If they ask If you have any questions.

Also, local job fairs are good places to find jobs. You can also go for a vocational school or college to gain skills.

If your worried about monetary costs (although debt isn't the worst thing in the world), you can go to this website If your interested in programming:
http://www.udacity.com...
It offers education for free and will give out your resume to employers.

Plus there's always freelancing you can do through craigslist.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:53:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 8:49:36 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:35:26 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:30:24 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Alright, how many applications do you actually send out? Do you have any friends or family that can refer you to a job? What about going to college or a technical school?

Probably not as many as I should be but I live a bit out of town and can't drive so I have to rely on public transit most of the time to get around. I know like four people who work at McDonald's and have talked to them but not even McDonald's will hire me. All the interviews I have had I never heard back from the people.

Try at least to apply to 3 places a day. That's not too difficult to do (only takes a few hours). That's 90 applications a month. That's a lot less time compared to actually working 40 hours a week. Its a numbers game after that. Even if the probability of you getting hired is low, If you apply enough someone will hire you.

The more interviews you have, the more questions you'll be prepared for and the more experience you'll have. Always ask questions about working there If they ask If you have any questions.

Also, local job fairs are good places to find jobs. You can also go for a vocational school or college to gain skills.

If your worried about monetary costs (although debt isn't the worst thing in the world), you can go to this website If your interested in programming:
http://www.udacity.com...
It offers education for free and will give out your resume to employers.

Plus there's always freelancing you can do through craigslist.

wow man thats good advice. People on this website have an overall higher intelligence, I would believe.
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 3:29:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 8:49:36 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:35:26 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:30:24 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Alright, how many applications do you actually send out? Do you have any friends or family that can refer you to a job? What about going to college or a technical school?

Probably not as many as I should be but I live a bit out of town and can't drive so I have to rely on public transit most of the time to get around. I know like four people who work at McDonald's and have talked to them but not even McDonald's will hire me. All the interviews I have had I never heard back from the people.

Try at least to apply to 3 places a day. That's not too difficult to do (only takes a few hours). That's 90 applications a month. That's a lot less time compared to actually working 40 hours a week. Its a numbers game after that. Even if the probability of you getting hired is low, If you apply enough someone will hire you.

The more interviews you have, the more questions you'll be prepared for and the more experience you'll have. Always ask questions about working there If they ask If you have any questions.

Also, local job fairs are good places to find jobs. You can also go for a vocational school or college to gain skills.

If your worried about monetary costs (although debt isn't the worst thing in the world), you can go to this website If your interested in programming:
http://www.udacity.com...
It offers education for free and will give out your resume to employers.

Plus there's always freelancing you can do through craigslist.

You COULD have said this on my high school thread... but I guess that was too much effort, right?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 6:17:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If it happens that you're only 15, then it is normal to experience fatigue due to unstable amounts of sleep. (This happens to adults, too.) Try to sleep at approximately same time and wake up without an alarm clock. You'll probably end up waking up at the same time after a while. This happens to me during long holidays.

House plants can reduce fatigue up to 20-30%, probably by removing air toxins and increasing humidity. You can get some plants in your room.