Jump to topic:

Dreams

yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 1:42:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok i don't want to sound crazy, but do any of you ever have the same dream over and over again? I keep having a dream that wind picks me up in the air and i'm scared and afraid of where I'm being blown. Once i was with a friend I didn't know, another time I cant remember who I was with. And this last time i was on a trampoline with my son and a man picked it up with one hand and spun it around and around high in the air I ask him to stop and he would not.

I know its kind of silly to post this, but I'm just wondering how many of you guys have had similar dreams?
Me
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 1:43:50 PM
Kfc, burn your house down with lemons, and your dying.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2012 3:58:55 PM
At 9/15/2012 1:42:16 PM, yoda878 wrote:
Ok i don't want to sound crazy, but do any of you ever have the same dream over and over again? I keep having a dream that wind picks me up in the air and i'm scared and afraid of where I'm being blown. Once i was with a friend I didn't know, another time I cant remember who I was with. And this last time i was on a trampoline with my son and a man picked it up with one hand and spun it around and around high in the air I ask him to stop and he would not.

I know its kind of silly to post this, but I'm just wondering how many of you guys have had similar dreams?

Actually, no. Several times I've had dreams that have a similar theme or share a common element, but I've never had the same dreams.

Besides, since you commonly dream this dream (lol), you could use it as a sign to turn conscious and get into a Lucid Dream :) And those are just awesome.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Samuelstinger91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 1:56:54 AM
Please, read this entire thing. It is very informative and I'm sure it will help you out.

I am simply fascinated by dreams. I am glad someone posted something like this. Anyways, have you evr tried controlling your dream? Ive seen books about dream controlling, but I myself taught myself. Here a couple quick tips.

1. Look for anything particullarly unusual that's happening in your dream.
2. Try looking at your body, or a mirror to see yourself. In dreams, you usually can't.
3. Try to remember something that happened they day before your dream.

Also, from my own personaly experience, i've noticed that when you realize your in a dream, you start to move from the dream world to reality. If this happens, don't panic or get more agitated. That will only make you wake up faster. Try to keep mellow.

As for your dream itslef, I suggest you look at all aspects of the dream, think about what they could mean about your life. Dreams often come from thoughts you've had. What can man with no thoughts or brain dream about, if he hasn't experienced anything?

Your dream can either be completely random, or certain aspects may signify certain things, or it may be a vision. I can't gaurentee which one it is unless you analyze it more.

Anyway, sorry I talked so much. I hope my rambling helped!
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 2:47:35 PM
At 9/16/2012 1:56:54 AM, Samuelstinger91 wrote:
Please, read this entire thing. It is very informative and I'm sure it will help you out.

I am simply fascinated by dreams. I am glad someone posted something like this. Anyways, have you evr tried controlling your dream? Ive seen books about dream controlling, but I myself taught myself. Here a couple quick tips.

1. Look for anything particullarly unusual that's happening in your dream.
2. Try looking at your body, or a mirror to see yourself. In dreams, you usually can't.
Wow to cool, and freaky
3. Try to remember something that happened they day before your dream.

Also, from my own personaly experience, i've noticed that when you realize your in a dream, you start to move from the dream world to reality. If this happens, don't panic or get more agitated. That will only make you wake up faster. Try to keep mellow.

As for your dream itslef, I suggest you look at all aspects of the dream, think about what they could mean about your life. Dreams often come from thoughts you've had. What can man with no thoughts or brain dream about, if he hasn't experienced anything?

Your dream can either be completely random, or certain aspects may signify certain things, or it may be a vision. I can't gaurentee which one it is unless you analyze it more.

Anyway, sorry I talked so much. I hope my rambling helped!

WOW i have never thought about controlling my dreams, what are some of the books you read? You have got me very interested in this, also do you move more in your sleep when this happens. The dreams I've been having are scary because I'm afraid of falling and I cant control where i'm going so this might really freak me out, but this sounds really cool.
Me
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 3:05:38 PM
At 9/17/2012 2:54:49 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
No, but I do have a lot of dreams that share common themes, usually involving me travelling somewhere.

your dreams sound much better then mine!
Me
Samuelstinger91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 5:13:16 PM
WOW i have never thought about controlling my dreams, what are some of the books you read? You have got me very interested in this, also do you move more in your sleep when this happens. The dreams I've been having are scary because I'm afraid of falling and I cant control where i'm going so this might really freak me out, but this sounds really cool.

I don't remember any of the book titles, and I haven't read any of them. I mostly developed these tecniques on my own. To answer your question about moving in your sleep, the answer is no. When you are fully asleep, a dream is all in your subconcience, your mind. You dream in your mind, and not in your body. If you acted out like you did in your dream, you would probably start walking into a wall and continue walking and walking like in a video game against a tree or wall without moving. Although, when you are going to sleep, in between the sleep and awake realm there is a connection, a "limbo", if you will, where at some points your dream and reality are one. Have you noticed that when your trying to sleep sometimes, and your mind is wandering and you think about kicking something and your leg actually kicks like in the dream? When that happens, you suddenly wake up. That is all because the nerves in your brain are still connected to reality instead of letting go and letting your mind wander into the subconcience. They are in a state of connection where dream and reality for a moment become one.

If the dreams your are having are scary, that makes things more difficult. In happy dreams or indifferent dreams, your mind isn't immediately set on what is happening. Your "mind avatar" is in no immediate need to do anything. When you are in your dream, you basically are one sighted. You turn into like an owl, as in, your mind cannot turn, like your eyes can, but an owls eyes cannot move, they stay in one place and their entire head moves. The same is with your dream. In your dream, like an owl, you only pay attention to each thing head on instead of looiking all around like in real life. When you are experiencing a bad dream, you only pay attention to the immediate danger you are in, and it is almost impossible to concentrate on where you are and you can't focus on the fact that it is a dream.

You said that in your dream, you are falling. Well, with every negative, there is a positive. The oppisite of falling, is flying. Everyone can fly in thier dreams if they know how to control it. I, personally, have to flap like a duck to fly. :D But other people can do at as easily as walking if they know how to perfect controlling their dreams. If you practice the tips I gave you, you can learn to fly in your dreams with ease.

Falling is often very scary in a dream. In a dream, your emotions are intensified greatly. When you are happy, you are elevated to a certain "high" and feel incredible. When you are hurt, the pain is intensified to an unbearable feeling. Also, when one experences a wet dream (please do not think pervertedly) they feel as though the orgasm is more than it is. That is because the nerves in your mind are not connected to your body as much, and are instead all focusing on the mind, intensifying the emotions. That also explains the reason most people don't sleepwalk. (people that do sleepwalk often have less intense dreams or no dreams at all as a result). The same can be said for falling. Falling brings fear, and the fear is intensified so much, that the terror overwhelms your mind, and you do not have time to realize your in a dream. Unfortunately, for the time being, I do not know how to help you, but since I too am taking a serious interest in this, I will look into it and get back to you on this.

I'm sorry this is so long. I was just hoping to help your with your dream problems.
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 5:21:21 PM
At 9/18/2012 5:13:16 PM, Samuelstinger91 wrote:

I don't remember any of the book titles, and I haven't read any of them. I mostly developed these tecniques on my own. To answer your question about moving in your sleep, the answer is no. When you are fully asleep, a dream is all in your subconcience, your mind. You dream in your mind, and not in your body. If you acted out like you did in your dream, you would probably start walking into a wall and continue walking and walking like in a video game against a tree or wall without moving. Although, when you are going to sleep, in between the sleep and awake realm there is a connection, a "limbo", if you will, where at some points your dream and reality are one. Have you noticed that when your trying to sleep sometimes, and your mind is wandering and you think about kicking something and your leg actually kicks like in the dream? When that happens, you suddenly wake up. That is all because the nerves in your brain are still connected to reality instead of letting go and letting your mind wander into the subconcience. They are in a state of connection where dream and reality for a moment become one.

If the dreams your are having are scary, that makes things more difficult. In happy dreams or indifferent dreams, your mind isn't immediately set on what is happening. Your "mind avatar" is in no immediate need to do anything. When you are in your dream, you basically are one sighted. You turn into like an owl, as in, your mind cannot turn, like your eyes can, but an owls eyes cannot move, they stay in one place and their entire head moves. The same is with your dream. In your dream, like an owl, you only pay attention to each thing head on instead of looiking all around like in real life. When you are experiencing a bad dream, you only pay attention to the immediate danger you are in, and it is almost impossible to concentrate on where you are and you can't focus on the fact that it is a dream.

You said that in your dream, you are falling. Well, with every negative, there is a positive. The oppisite of falling, is flying. Everyone can fly in thier dreams if they know how to control it. I, personally, have to flap like a duck to fly. :D But other people can do at as easily as walking if they know how to perfect controlling their dreams. If you practice the tips I gave you, you can learn to fly in your dreams with ease.

Falling is often very scary in a dream. In a dream, your emotions are intensified greatly. When you are happy, you are elevated to a certain "high" and feel incredible. When you are hurt, the pain is intensified to an unbearable feeling. Also, when one experences a wet dream (please do not think pervertedly) they feel as though the orgasm is more than it is. That is because the nerves in your mind are not connected to your body as much, and are instead all focusing on the mind, intensifying the emotions. That also explains the reason most people don't sleepwalk. (people that do sleepwalk often have less intense dreams or no dreams at all as a result). The same can be said for falling. Falling brings fear, and the fear is intensified so much, that the terror overwhelms your mind, and you do not have time to realize your in a dream. Unfortunately, for the time being, I do not know how to help you, but since I too am taking a serious interest in this, I will look into it and get back to you on this.

I'm sorry this is so long. I was just hoping to help your with your dream problems.

THanks you have made me more interested in this, more so then i was when i start this. I'm not really falling im just up in the air whirling around.
Me