Jump to topic:

Overprotective parents

asitcomes108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 5:25:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I know this day and age, certain things aren't as acceptable as they are now. But honestly, alot of people my age do things that arent going to get them killed or harmed. They simply hang out with friends other than one anothers house. With my parents, they let me do things but when it comes to going out to stores down town or even going to a party with friends, considering im a good kid and havent done anything bad, they never let me. its gotten to the point that i always feel weird asking them to go out with new kids other than my small circle. Im getting older and i wanna just go hang out with new people and have a life. they are use to doing nothing, watching tv, eating and sleeping and ive been doing that alot lately too and it just annoys me because i have alot of chances to do other things but they dont let me... i need some advice because im going crazy -_-
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 5:46:49 PM
SHow your parents your responsible, start doing things around the house without being asked.. Also make sure you tell your mom she is beautiful and that you are glad she is your mother. Tell your dad that he has taught you well and you are proud he is your dad.

You might laugh at this but, it will work, but you will have to put some work into it. Oh and dont shower them with complements just make it one or two. Enough for them to feel like you are appreciate of them not a brown noser. You need to show you are growing up and maturing. Obay rules and take it upon yourself to get things done around the house and school work do that first house work second and play time last. Your parents will see you are mature enough to do more things.

BTW its better to have parents that care then ones that don't.
Me
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 5:57:03 PM
At 9/17/2012 5:55:10 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Koopin, you chased him away. YOU MONSTER! >:(

Nay. That's no monster. It's a Koopin.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 2:41:29 PM
At 9/17/2012 5:46:49 PM, yoda878 wrote:
SHow your parents your responsible, start doing things around the house without being asked.. Also make sure you tell your mom she is beautiful and that you are glad she is your mother. Tell your dad that he has taught you well and you are proud he is your dad.

You might laugh at this but, it will work, but you will have to put some work into it. Oh and dont shower them with complements just make it one or two. Enough for them to feel like you are appreciate of them not a brown noser. You need to show you are growing up and maturing. Obay rules and take it upon yourself to get things done around the house and school work do that first house work second and play time last. Your parents will see you are mature enough to do more things.

Well , I would present your case to your parents, if they still resist to reason....well, sometimes breaking the rules every once in awhile is good for intellectual and personal growth. You are after all, a kid. If you get in trouble, then you get in trouble, that's part of life. I was for the most part a good child in my youth but even I broken the rules once in awhile to go out and have fun, and looking back I'm glad I did. You're only a kid once.
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 7:05:56 PM
At 9/22/2012 2:41:29 PM, Polaris wrote:

Well , I would present your case to your parents, if they still resist to reason....well, sometimes breaking the rules every once in awhile is good for intellectual and personal growth. You are after all, a kid. If you get in trouble, then you get in trouble, that's part of life. I was for the most part a good child in my youth but even I broken the rules once in awhile to go out and have fun, and looking back I'm glad I did. You're only a kid once.

This only causes a parent child struggle in rebelling, rebelling doesn't work it just causes more stress on you and your parents.
I still say show them your responsible enough to go out.
Me
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 9:46:17 PM
At 9/22/2012 7:05:56 PM, yoda878 wrote:
At 9/22/2012 2:41:29 PM, Polaris wrote:

This only causes a parent child struggle in rebelling, rebelling doesn't work it just causes more stress on you and your parents.
I still say show them your responsible enough to go out.

I don't know why I was addressing this to you. I meant to address the OP. At any rate I would posit that reasoned and selective rebellion is sometimes necessary.
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 9:48:20 PM
Didn't realize it took this long to get kfc.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 9:51:01 PM
At 9/22/2012 9:48:20 PM, Chicken wrote:

He's dead.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 9:54:02 PM
At 9/22/2012 9:51:01 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:48:20 PM, Chicken wrote:

He's dead.

Oh well, another one bites the dust.
Disciple of Koopin

Servant of Kfc
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 9:58:01 PM
Can someone explain the significance of the KFC comment? Is this a DDO inside joke?
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:08:42 PM
Guy named koopin, it's his joke, it's his thing. He's one of the elite DDO'ers, we bow down to him, and he makes funny jokes. Kfc happens to be his hookline for gettin the ladies :P
Disciple of Koopin

Servant of Kfc
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:09:43 PM
At 9/22/2012 10:08:42 PM, Chicken wrote:
Guy named koopin, it's his joke, it's his thing. He's one of the elite DDO'ers, we bow down to him, and he makes funny jokes. Kfc happens to be his hookline for gettin the ladies :P

Popeyes.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 1:11:38 AM

You know too much!

*drags Chicken away*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 7:57:51 PM
At 9/23/2012 1:11:38 AM, OberHerr wrote:

nope its because hes a cannibal lol http://2.bp.blogspot.com...
Me
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 8:55:46 PM
At 9/22/2012 9:58:01 PM, Polaris wrote:
Can someone explain the significance of the KFC comment? Is this a DDO inside joke?

KFC
kfc
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 9:30:55 PM
At 9/23/2012 8:55:46 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:58:01 PM, Polaris wrote:

KFC

And as that statement was made, millions of chickens frolicked to kfc to fulfill their sole duty in life.
Disciple of Koopin

Servant of Kfc
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 8:23:10 AM
Anyways, back to the topic, I would recommend that you at least try out going along with what your parents say. Follow whatever they say diligently for say, a month, then try something else and compare results. I think you will find that one method will bring you close to your family whereas the other will bring you closer to your friends. For your age, its a completely even decision. And its your own choice.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2012 7:54:59 PM
At 9/17/2012 5:25:48 PM, asitcomes108 wrote:
I know this day and age, certain things aren't as acceptable as they are now. But honestly, alot of people my age do things that arent going to get them killed or harmed. They simply hang out with friends other than one anothers house. With my parents, they let me do things but when it comes to going out to stores down town or even going to a party with friends, considering im a good kid and havent done anything bad, they never let me. its gotten to the point that i always feel weird asking them to go out with new kids other than my small circle. Im getting older and i wanna just go hang out with new people and have a life. they are use to doing nothing, watching tv, eating and sleeping and ive been doing that alot lately too and it just annoys me because i have alot of chances to do other things but they dont let me... i need some advice because im going crazy -_-

Get a job. That gets you out of the house and shows responsibility. Not to mention having your own money which gives you tons of leverage.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%