Jump to topic:

The Clan of the Cave Bear.

MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2012 9:13:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Has anyone read this book or the following series? It's set in some Ice Age or another and about a young girl that is raised by neanderthals. A lot more original than the stuff we see today. ;) I would recommend these books especially to feminists, or really anyone interested in prehistory. They aren't bad.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 3:39:11 AM
"Islam itself" teaches that Mohammed is "the perfect man" to be emulated, and by his words and deeds, as recorded in the hadiths, koran, sunnahs, he had people killed that "mocked" him, stated that "those who leave their (Muslim) religion, kill them", stated, "I have been made victorious through terror", married Aisha, his favorite wife, when she was 6 and consummated that marriage (after years of "thighing" her) when she was 9. He owned slaves and sex slaves, including raping one the very night after killing her father, husband and tribe. I do hate to say it (no I don't...) but the FACTS, as outlined in the koran, surrahs and hadiths, straight from the horse"s mouth, if you will, is that the "fanatics" are actually the ones piously and devoutly following the deeds and words of their prophet and their god. This is indisputable! And what I've stated is only a very small part of the atrocious example that this "prophet" did and stated.
OllerupMand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 7:16:46 AM
At 9/20/2012 9:13:23 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Has anyone read this book or the following series? It's set in some Ice Age or another and about a young girl that is raised by neanderthals. A lot more original than the stuff we see today. ;) I would recommend these books especially to feminists, or really anyone interested in prehistory. They aren't bad.

Yah I read them as a teenager and found them quit good. Then I reread them last year and found it terrible. I think it is one of those series you should read ones, but never twice.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 10:58:41 AM
At 9/21/2012 3:39:11 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
"Islam itself" teaches that Mohammed is "the perfect man" to be emulated, and by his words and deeds, as recorded in the hadiths, koran, sunnahs, he had people killed that "mocked" him, stated that "those who leave their (Muslim) religion, kill them", stated, "I have been made victorious through terror", married Aisha, his favorite wife, when she was 6 and consummated that marriage (after years of "thighing" her) when she was 9. He owned slaves and sex slaves, including raping one the very night after killing her father, husband and tribe. I do hate to say it (no I don't...) but the FACTS, as outlined in the koran, surrahs and hadiths, straight from the horse"s mouth, if you will, is that the "fanatics" are actually the ones piously and devoutly following the deeds and words of their prophet and their god. This is indisputable! And what I've stated is only a very small part of the atrocious example that this "prophet" did and stated.

The fuck?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 1:38:13 PM

What does this even have to remotely do with the OP? Not only are your facts skewed but it's off-topic. If you want to discuss this at least place it in the appropriate forum section.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 8:55:04 PM

It's been something like thirty years since I read it and I do have CRS, but I'm sure that's not what it was about.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2012 9:29:54 PM

Kfc. (Because koopin hasn't said it yet)
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc