Total Posts:47|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

After Morning Pills In Schools *

inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 10:38:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You heard the news about this serious matter I am sure.
But really you guys. Should elementary kids(pre-teens) be given after morning pills or condoms while in school in order to prevent pregnancy. Its your call. What do you have to say about this issue.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 10:40:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
No.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 11:19:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 11:18:56 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2012 10:40:55 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
No.

Do you disagree.

Yes.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 3:08:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 10:38:57 AM, inferno wrote:
You heard the news about this serious matter I am sure.
But really you guys. Should elementary kids(pre-teens) be given after morning pills or condoms while in school in order to prevent pregnancy. Its your call. What do you have to say about this issue.

Pretty awful actually.

How about killing a baby that survives abortion?
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 3:11:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 3:08:01 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/3/2012 10:38:57 AM, inferno wrote:
You heard the news about this serious matter I am sure.
But really you guys. Should elementary kids(pre-teens) be given after morning pills or condoms while in school in order to prevent pregnancy. Its your call. What do you have to say about this issue.

Pretty awful actually.

How about killing a baby that survives abortion?

I am sure that this has happened before Mr Innomen.
But if we lower our standards even more as a nation, then the bottom will fall out.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 3:12:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Can they even do that? I mean.....I've never hear of someone in elementary school being that.....developed....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 4:00:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Elementary school? I didn't hear that. It would seem unnecessary though. First, what third grader is getting down and second, what third grader is developed enough to get pregnant?

If we're talking middle and high school though, it seems fine. Better than abortion isn't it? I hear some people frown upon that sort of thing.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 4:04:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't see why it's necessary, but why not?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 4:04:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Regardless of the age of the kid I am against it. Schools should not be that involved in their lives and are essentially taking away the responsibilities of the parent.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 4:09:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 4:04:59 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Regardless of the age of the kid I am against it. Schools should not be that involved in their lives and are essentially taking away the responsibilities of the parent.

Does this extend to every other subject which you for some reason think should be exclusive to parents? What's with people and being so up tight?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 4:45:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 4:09:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:04:59 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Regardless of the age of the kid I am against it. Schools should not be that involved in their lives and are essentially taking away the responsibilities of the parent.

Does this extend to every other subject which you for some reason think should be exclusive to parents?

Mostly. Is there any reason you think the school has the right to do this?

What's with people and being so up tight?

I am a fairly relaxed individual.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 4:52:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 4:45:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:09:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:04:59 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Regardless of the age of the kid I am against it. Schools should not be that involved in their lives and are essentially taking away the responsibilities of the parent.

Does this extend to every other subject which you for some reason think should be exclusive to parents?

Mostly. Is there any reason you think the school has the right to do this?

It's not a matter of right, it's a matter of why someone objects. Prima facie there's no problem, so the onus is on the person bringing an objection to it. I've never seen a good reason to put this area of life in some special sacred shelf above everything else. What's the difference between that and giving out life preservers?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:07:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 4:52:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:45:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:09:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:04:59 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Regardless of the age of the kid I am against it. Schools should not be that involved in their lives and are essentially taking away the responsibilities of the parent.

Does this extend to every other subject which you for some reason think should be exclusive to parents?

Mostly. Is there any reason you think the school has the right to do this?

It's not a matter of right, it's a matter of why someone objects. Prima facie there's no problem, so the onus is on the person bringing an objection to it. I've never seen a good reason to put this area of life in some special sacred shelf above everything else. What's the difference between that and giving out life preservers?

Because many people find the issue of birth control to be a moral issue. And thus the question is do schools have a right to interfere in the parenting process to that extent?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:10:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 4:00:44 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Elementary school? I didn't hear that. It would seem unnecessary though. First, what third grader is getting down and second, what third grader is developed enough to get pregnant?

Ok, I think this is just over dramatic. Seriously.

If we're talking middle and high school though, it seems fine. Better than abortion isn't it? I hear some people frown upon that sort of thing.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:16:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 5:07:13 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:52:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:45:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Mostly. Is there any reason you think the school has the right to do this?

It's not a matter of right, it's a matter of why someone objects. Prima facie there's no problem, so the onus is on the person bringing an objection to it. I've never seen a good reason to put this area of life in some special sacred shelf above everything else. What's the difference between that and giving out life preservers?

Because many people find the issue of birth control to be a moral issue. And thus the question is do schools have a right to interfere in the parenting process to that extent?

If some Amish family is uncomfortable by the idea of a school offering birth control, they can go to a school that doesn't. This is the problem with having a public school system. Someone's gonna feel uncomfortable. Stop socializing something as personal as education and privatize that shiz.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:35:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 5:16:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:07:13 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:52:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:45:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Mostly. Is there any reason you think the school has the right to do this?

It's not a matter of right, it's a matter of why someone objects. Prima facie there's no problem, so the onus is on the person bringing an objection to it. I've never seen a good reason to put this area of life in some special sacred shelf above everything else. What's the difference between that and giving out life preservers?

Because many people find the issue of birth control to be a moral issue. And thus the question is do schools have a right to interfere in the parenting process to that extent?

If some Amish family is uncomfortable by the idea of a school offering birth control, they can go to a school that doesn't. This is the problem with having a public school system. Someone's gonna feel uncomfortable. Stop socializing something as personal as education and privatize that shiz.

Compete agreement. I was just about to get to that.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:41:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 5:35:16 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:16:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:07:13 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:52:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:45:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Mostly. Is there any reason you think the school has the right to do this?

It's not a matter of right, it's a matter of why someone objects. Prima facie there's no problem, so the onus is on the person bringing an objection to it. I've never seen a good reason to put this area of life in some special sacred shelf above everything else. What's the difference between that and giving out life preservers?

Because many people find the issue of birth control to be a moral issue. And thus the question is do schools have a right to interfere in the parenting process to that extent?

If some Amish family is uncomfortable by the idea of a school offering birth control, they can go to a school that doesn't. This is the problem with having a public school system. Someone's gonna feel uncomfortable. Stop socializing something as personal as education and privatize that shiz.

Compete agreement. I was just about to get to that.

However, if they are going to force the educational system, I would prefer that they would not force their sexual morality on kids.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:16:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.zazzle.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 9:06:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Morning after pills are one thing. Those are pills for the morning that comes after an unusual occurrence.

After morning pills? Like, pop one after every morning? Wtf?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 10:41:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 9:06:42 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Morning after pills are one thing. Those are pills for the morning that comes after an unusual occurrence.

After morning pills? Like, pop one after every morning? Wtf?

Are you in favor of sexual activity taking place with pre teens in private.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 10:04:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 10:41:51 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2012 9:06:42 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Morning after pills are one thing. Those are pills for the morning that comes after an unusual occurrence.

After morning pills? Like, pop one after every morning? Wtf?

Are you in favor of sexual activity taking place with pre teens in private.

If the pre-teens are, sure. If they'd prefer it be in public, that's fine too. Why?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 2:57:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 5:41:00 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:35:16 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:16:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:07:13 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:52:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:45:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Mostly. Is there any reason you think the school has the right to do this?

It's not a matter of right, it's a matter of why someone objects. Prima facie there's no problem, so the onus is on the person bringing an objection to it. I've never seen a good reason to put this area of life in some special sacred shelf above everything else. What's the difference between that and giving out life preservers?

Because many people find the issue of birth control to be a moral issue. And thus the question is do schools have a right to interfere in the parenting process to that extent?

If some Amish family is uncomfortable by the idea of a school offering birth control, they can go to a school that doesn't. This is the problem with having a public school system. Someone's gonna feel uncomfortable. Stop socializing something as personal as education and privatize that shiz.

Compete agreement. I was just about to get to that.

However, if they are going to force the educational system, I would prefer that they would not force their sexual morality on kids.

How does distributing condoms impose sexual morality on someone?

How does distributing condoms "interfere with the parenting process"?
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 3:08:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 2:57:24 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:41:00 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:35:16 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:16:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:07:13 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:52:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:45:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Mostly. Is there any reason you think the school has the right to do this?

It's not a matter of right, it's a matter of why someone objects. Prima facie there's no problem, so the onus is on the person bringing an objection to it. I've never seen a good reason to put this area of life in some special sacred shelf above everything else. What's the difference between that and giving out life preservers?

Because many people find the issue of birth control to be a moral issue. And thus the question is do schools have a right to interfere in the parenting process to that extent?

If some Amish family is uncomfortable by the idea of a school offering birth control, they can go to a school that doesn't. This is the problem with having a public school system. Someone's gonna feel uncomfortable. Stop socializing something as personal as education and privatize that shiz.

Compete agreement. I was just about to get to that.

However, if they are going to force the educational system, I would prefer that they would not force their sexual morality on kids.

How does distributing condoms impose sexual morality on someone?

How does distributing condoms "interfere with the parenting process"?

The major issue most people have with the two of these is the moral issue. Whether it be against religious belief, increase sexual activity, or just they don't like it. Parents shouldn't be allowed to force their morals on children.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 4:20:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 2:57:24 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:41:00 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:35:16 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:16:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:07:13 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:52:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:45:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Mostly. Is there any reason you think the school has the right to do this?

It's not a matter of right, it's a matter of why someone objects. Prima facie there's no problem, so the onus is on the person bringing an objection to it. I've never seen a good reason to put this area of life in some special sacred shelf above everything else. What's the difference between that and giving out life preservers?

Because many people find the issue of birth control to be a moral issue. And thus the question is do schools have a right to interfere in the parenting process to that extent?

If some Amish family is uncomfortable by the idea of a school offering birth control, they can go to a school that doesn't. This is the problem with having a public school system. Someone's gonna feel uncomfortable. Stop socializing something as personal as education and privatize that shiz.

Compete agreement. I was just about to get to that.

However, if they are going to force the educational system, I would prefer that they would not force their sexual morality on kids.

How does distributing condoms impose sexual morality on someone?

Because contraceptives is a moral issue for many Christian denomination. When you give them to kids, it condones the use of contraceptives and the like. It parents want their kids to have condoms. they can easily buy the condoms for them.

How does distributing condoms "interfere with the parenting process"?

Mainly for the reasons I posted above. Schools do not have the right to raise kids in place of the school.

Like Social said earlier. Much of my problems with these can be solved by privatization and giving parents a choice in where they send their kids.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 4:23:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 3:08:26 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 10/5/2012 2:57:24 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:41:00 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:35:16 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:16:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:07:13 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:52:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:45:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Mostly. Is there any reason you think the school has the right to do this?

It's not a matter of right, it's a matter of why someone objects. Prima facie there's no problem, so the onus is on the person bringing an objection to it. I've never seen a good reason to put this area of life in some special sacred shelf above everything else. What's the difference between that and giving out life preservers?

Because many people find the issue of birth control to be a moral issue. And thus the question is do schools have a right to interfere in the parenting process to that extent?

If some Amish family is uncomfortable by the idea of a school offering birth control, they can go to a school that doesn't. This is the problem with having a public school system. Someone's gonna feel uncomfortable. Stop socializing something as personal as education and privatize that shiz.

Compete agreement. I was just about to get to that.

However, if they are going to force the educational system, I would prefer that they would not force their sexual morality on kids.

How does distributing condoms impose sexual morality on someone?

How does distributing condoms "interfere with the parenting process"?

The major issue most people have with the two of these is the moral issue. Whether it be against religious belief, increase sexual activity, or just they don't like it. Parents shouldn't be allowed to force their morals on children.

I want to hear you thought process behind your position. What you propose could lead to some serious difficultly when it comes to raising kids to be productive members of society.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 5:44:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 4:20:49 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/5/2012 2:57:24 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:41:00 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:35:16 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:16:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:07:13 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:52:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:45:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Mostly. Is there any reason you think the school has the right to do this?

It's not a matter of right, it's a matter of why someone objects. Prima facie there's no problem, so the onus is on the person bringing an objection to it. I've never seen a good reason to put this area of life in some special sacred shelf above everything else. What's the difference between that and giving out life preservers?

Because many people find the issue of birth control to be a moral issue. And thus the question is do schools have a right to interfere in the parenting process to that extent?

If some Amish family is uncomfortable by the idea of a school offering birth control, they can go to a school that doesn't. This is the problem with having a public school system. Someone's gonna feel uncomfortable. Stop socializing something as personal as education and privatize that shiz.

Compete agreement. I was just about to get to that.

However, if they are going to force the educational system, I would prefer that they would not force their sexual morality on kids.

How does distributing condoms impose sexual morality on someone?

Because contraceptives is a moral issue for many Christian denomination. When you give them to kids, it condones the use of contraceptives and the like. It parents want their kids to have condoms. they can easily buy the condoms for them.
This is like arguing that if someone has a religious belief that prohibits him from eating beef (i.e. if he is a Hindu), the school ought not distribute beef in the cafeteria because he could potentially purchase it. Making contraceptives available does not violate the rights of parents; the students are free to take them, and they do not have to take them if they have moral prohibitions against doing so.

How does distributing condoms "interfere with the parenting process"?

Mainly for the reasons I posted above. Schools do not have the right to raise kids in place of the school.

Schools exist both to provide children with moral and academic educations.

Are you opposed to the sexual morality that is imposed on students in health class? Some pagan religions promote extramarital and premarital sex. Do you think that teaching students to be sexually "moral" in classrooms is destructive to the parenting process for these children? Should those programs be abolished, or ought we do something more sensible and permit the children to opt out?
Like Social said earlier. Much of my problems with these can be solved by privatization and giving parents a choice in where they send their kids.

Parents already have this choice. Private schools already exist, and parents are free to send their children to these schools at any time. I know because I transferred to a private high school in 10th grade the day before school began.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 10:38:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 10:04:11 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 10/4/2012 10:41:51 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2012 9:06:42 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Morning after pills are one thing. Those are pills for the morning that comes after an unusual occurrence.

After morning pills? Like, pop one after every morning? Wtf?

Are you in favor of sexual activity taking place with pre teens in private.

If the pre-teens are, sure. If they'd prefer it be in public, that's fine too. Why?

Because they are not at a stage where they are mature enough to deal with the psychological and physical implications of sexual activity. Morality does have its place especially when it comes to such a personal issue as this.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 10:40:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 5:44:32 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 10/5/2012 4:20:49 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/5/2012 2:57:24 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:41:00 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:35:16 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:16:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 5:07:13 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:52:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 4:45:31 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Mostly. Is there any reason you think the school has the right to do this?

It's not a matter of right, it's a matter of why someone objects. Prima facie there's no problem, so the onus is on the person bringing an objection to it. I've never seen a good reason to put this area of life in some special sacred shelf above everything else. What's the difference between that and giving out life preservers?

Because many people find the issue of birth control to be a moral issue. And thus the question is do schools have a right to interfere in the parenting process to that extent?

If some Amish family is uncomfortable by the idea of a school offering birth control, they can go to a school that doesn't. This is the problem with having a public school system. Someone's gonna feel uncomfortable. Stop socializing something as personal as education and privatize that shiz.

Compete agreement. I was just about to get to that.

However, if they are going to force the educational system, I would prefer that they would not force their sexual morality on kids.

How does distributing condoms impose sexual morality on someone?

Because contraceptives is a moral issue for many Christian denomination. When you give them to kids, it condones the use of contraceptives and the like. It parents want their kids to have condoms. they can easily buy the condoms for them.
This is like arguing that if someone has a religious belief that prohibits him from eating beef (i.e. if he is a Hindu), the school ought not distribute beef in the cafeteria because he could potentially purchase it. Making contraceptives available does not violate the rights of parents; the students are free to take them, and they do not have to take them if they have moral prohibitions against doing so.

How does distributing condoms "interfere with the parenting process"?

Mainly for the reasons I posted above. Schools do not have the right to raise kids in place of the school.

Schools exist both to provide children with moral and academic educations.

Are you opposed to the sexual morality that is imposed on students in health class? Some pagan religions promote extramarital and premarital sex. Do you think that teaching students to be sexually "moral" in classrooms is destructive to the parenting process for these children? Should those programs be abolished, or ought we do something more sensible and permit the children to opt out?
Like Social said earlier. Much of my problems with these can be solved by privatization and giving parents a choice in where they send their kids.

Parents already have this choice. Private schools already exist, and parents are free to send their children to these schools at any time. I know because I transferred to a private high school in 10th grade the day before school began.

When it comes to sex it involved spiritual and deep psychological influences that they may not be ready to deal with at such a young age. School provides a platform that will educate and protect our children from making unecessary mistakes that could cost them plenty long term.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 10:47:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 10:38:39 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/4/2012 10:04:11 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 10/4/2012 10:41:51 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/3/2012 9:06:42 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Morning after pills are one thing. Those are pills for the morning that comes after an unusual occurrence.

After morning pills? Like, pop one after every morning? Wtf?

Are you in favor of sexual activity taking place with pre teens in private.

If the pre-teens are, sure. If they'd prefer it be in public, that's fine too. Why?

Because they are not at a stage where they are mature enough to deal with the psychological and physical implications of sexual activity.
I'll let reality be the judge of that. If they don't manage to deal with it in one manner or another, it just won't happen.

Morality does have its place
My morality requires leaving people the hell alone to make their own decisions.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.