Jump to topic:

what are some good character questions?

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 3:10:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm considering getting back into dating in the future, and I was thinking about how there usually is an "interview" kind of date where you ask about likes and dislikes and things like that. find out how compatible you and your date are

I was thinking about questions I might ask like what there beliefs were and it occurred to me if they said something like "i don't keep up with the news, I'm not even registered to vote" in regards to politics that that statement accidentally tells me a lot character wise that should get me to end the relationship their. if there not even registered to vote then there not a good citizen, with no sense of duty to their country and probably that's just a symptom of no sense of duty/honor at all. if they don't have that they would make a crappy mom and wife probably. maybe that's reading too much into that kind of thing I don't know.

does anyone here have better questions that help judge the character of a person?

preferably subtle ones like mine that would not even come of as a character question. I suspect if I asked you "are you registered to vote" on a date you'd just think i was seeing how interested in politics you were, and not trying to get a sense of if you honor or not, unless of course you read this thread before the date.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 3:26:42 PM
At 10/8/2012 3:14:13 PM, Koopin wrote:
Die alone. It's good for your health.

not for my wallet though, Dave Ramsey say's life gets much easier financially when you have two horses pulling the wagon and there is a financial accountability partner to report to. Right now as a single there's little to stop me from just wasting money and even my time when I spend either just to get away from the house
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 4:38:05 PM
"Do you have a sence of entitlement" is a good question. That speaks volumes about a person.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 4:40:47 PM
At 10/8/2012 4:38:05 PM, sadolite wrote:
"Do you have a sence of entitlement" is a good question. That speaks volumes about a person.

I doubt anyone would answer that honestly.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 4:59:03 PM
At 10/8/2012 3:26:42 PM, Marauder wrote:

not for my wallet though, Dave Ramsey say's life gets much easier financially when you have two horses pulling the wagon and there is a financial accountability partner to report to. Right now as a single there's little to stop me from just wasting money and even my time when I spend either just to get away from the house

Right... especially when she's taking care of the child while wanting Burberry.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 5:42:45 PM
At 10/8/2012 4:59:03 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 10/8/2012 3:26:42 PM, Marauder wrote:

Right... especially when she's taking care of the child while wanting Burberry.

I was referring to how being single affects my particular situation, where there is no kid involved. of-course I guess even in the case you describe there's no reason they would not be susceptible to loneliness spending too, symptoms of which include eating out a lot for example or even (if you've got it bad) buying numerous things you don't need because "I owe it myself" thinking, which I admit i drift into doing sometimes.

Also I was just kind of being a smart-alik in response to koopins sarcastic comment so dont take it too seriously, I'm not looking for someone just to help my wallet.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2012 6:14:08 PM
At 10/8/2012 4:40:47 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

yeah. it would probably be more effective to ask "do you vote for whoever will give you the most benefits?" and even that I'm not sure of being answered honestly.

there would just have to be lots of small questions which by themselves don't necessarily mean they have a sense of entitlement but together might.

"do you have a snap card?"
"do you think your snap card should be able to buy fast food as well?"
"do you think you should be able to purchase cigarettes on your EBT card?"
"do you think the bank should not charge you with overdraft fee's?"
"do you think a company should pay for your insulin because you cant help your a diabetic, even if it cost them more to pay for insulin all the time than you are paying them for the insurance?"
"are you upset when stores tell you 'no you cannot 'add that to your tab'?"

A Scout is Obedient.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 4:38:53 PM

Why not? Many on this site wear that sentiment like a badge of honor. They will go to no end to personally insult you and defile your character for even suggesting they are not entitled to what they want.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 11:14:47 PM
At 10/9/2012 4:38:53 PM, sadolite wrote:

Why not? Many on this site wear that sentiment like a badge of honor. They will go to no end to personally insult you and defile your character for even suggesting they are not entitled to what they want.

would you be willing to name names? who on this site is openly like that?

A Scout is Obedient.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 11:28:16 PM
I think an important question to ask is relationship history. If she's never been in a relationship before, why not? How did her last relationships end? When guys say things like their last relationship ended because the "girl was crazy" that's an automatic red flag to me, like he must have cheated on her or treated her like crap. I don't know what red flags for girls would be though...
yang.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2012 3:53:40 PM
How about all on this site who look for ways to get the govt to pay for their college education. Many argue it should be a right. Or that health care should be a right and housing should be a right and food should be a right. I don't have to name names we have all seen it and read it. But if you want to act like no one has ever made those statements and try to get me to name names, I'm not going to play the stupid game.

CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2012 4:18:41 PM
At 10/8/2012 3:10:32 PM, Marauder wrote:
I'm considering getting back into dating in the future, and I was thinking about how there usually is an "interview" kind of date where you ask about likes and dislikes and things like that. find out how compatible you and your date are

I was thinking about questions I might ask like what there beliefs were and it occurred to me if they said something like "i don't keep up with the news, I'm not even registered to vote" in regards to politics that that statement accidentally tells me a lot character wise that should get me to end the relationship their. if there not even registered to vote then there not a good citizen, with no sense of duty to their country and probably that's just a symptom of no sense of duty/honor at all. if they don't have that they would make a crappy mom and wife probably. maybe that's reading too much into that kind of thing I don't know.

does anyone here have better questions that help judge the character of a person?

preferably subtle ones like mine that would not even come of as a character question. I suspect if I asked you "are you registered to vote" on a date you'd just think i was seeing how interested in politics you were, and not trying to get a sense of if you honor or not, unless of course you read this thread before the date.

You don't find a girlfriend with a questionnaire, that's too funny. You are reading WAY too much into this. You don't "interview" your potential girlfriend... have some tact... You're worried about what kind of 'citizen' she is? I mean, dude, you're not choosing a president.. You want to ask her "Are you registered to vote?" I'm hysterical over the thought of that.

You judge character over time, my friend. When people say that one may "find love," it's not a literal expression. Love is developed... and no, not through a math equation.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts