Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Do you mean what you say when you're high?

Jessalyn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 2:50:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So I know quite a few DDOers experiment with drugs (weed in this case), so I was wondering: when you're high, do you know and MEAN what you say? I've never been high, so I'm curious.
WARNING: Hitchslaps may become inflamed when accompanied by unceasing stupidity.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 4:33:15 PM
Weed always makes me feel more honest, if that's even possible.

It was used as a truth serum by the military at one point.

As for knowing what I'm saying? Sure, if I don't forget.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 4:34:10 PM
And if you've never been high, just go ahead and forget everything you've ever been told about it. You have no idea.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 4:36:21 PM
At 11/5/2012 4:34:10 PM, FREEDO wrote:
And if you've never been high, just go ahead and forget everything you've ever been told about it. You have no idea.

So she should forget your post?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 4:45:46 PM
More so than sober but less so than drunk.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 4:51:04 PM
At 11/5/2012 2:50:02 PM, Jessalyn wrote:
So I know quite a few DDOers experiment with drugs (weed in this case), so I was wondering: when you're high, do you know and MEAN what you say? I've never been high, so I'm curious.

I can't speak for others but I lied a lot when high. I can't count on both hands and feet how many girls I promised that "I love you", "I want to be with you forever", "I will never leave you".

I'm far more honest when drunk.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 5:38:44 PM

When I am high I am way more honest (both in terms of meaning what I say and also being intellectually honest), insightful, and in touch with the reality of the universe (insofar as humans can perceive it) that we usually don't pick up on because of our perception being blinded by social institutions/authorities/cultural norms. I tend to see things, specifically social things like governments and religion and social interaction, the way they are, with minimal mystification and obfuscation... It sets me free from societal indoctrination/conditioning. Marijuana is basically my intellectual "de-mystifier" and clarifier. The only thing I should add is when you're high you're so intensely focused on whatever you are thinking about/concerning yourself with that your short term memory is way worse than usual; luckily, we have ways of writing down your thoughts and also if I simply tell myself to remember something than I almost always do. The memory effect can be easily remedied, I think.

This is all unless I could get so ridiculously stoned off my @$$ that I'm in a daze and not in touch with reality in the slightest. This can happen if you get really, really high, but is rare unless you smoke a tonnnn or do a really powerful edible.

People who have never smoked weed tend to have this perception of being high as either being crazy psychedelic experiences where you see crazy sh!t that isn't there, or as basically like being drunk. Neither of these perceptions are true and how it feels is really hard to explain, you'd probably have to try to find out because other peoples explanations rarely suffice...
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 9:31:38 PM
I rarely say what I mean when I'm high.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2012 9:36:45 PM
At 11/5/2012 4:36:21 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 11/5/2012 4:34:10 PM, FREEDO wrote:

So she should forget your post?

Yes.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 4:05:58 PM
I have no idea where the expression comes from. I always referred to myself as 'stoned'.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 5:36:56 AM

No.
Tsar of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 11:31:33 AM
At 11/5/2012 9:31:38 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

This. I have no fvcking idea what you people are talking about. You're more honest when you're high? What? I'm barely coherent when I'm high. See, it depends on what I'm doing. I've said before that I have been stoned while writing probably 99% of the debates that I've done on this site (because if I'm here, it usually means I'm just bored hanging out at home and not working or out with people, obviously). I also did/do the majority of my school work when I'm high. It doesn't inhibit me from expressing myself through writing and whatnot, and I can read just fine. I even work high (shh). But if I'm BLAZED just hanging out with people, watching TV, or engaging in other completely mindless or frivolous ish, I say the most ridiculous things that barely make any sense at all. I sound like Keanu Reeves. I agree with darkkermit-- it's alcohol and other drugs that make you more honest.
President of DDO
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 12:35:58 PM
danielle, i love you!! you're completely off though about weed. like i've never really known it to make me lie, just perhaps a bit goofy. or... well i lie to my mother about the smell, but that's about it. danielle's either a hardcore romantic or hates men :P also, it's just absolute bullsh1t that drink makes you truthful as opposed to weed. weed leaves you paranoid and thus socially awkward, and/or very introspective, mildly lowering inhibitions in some cases. drink leaves you with no inhibitions at all, almost murderous. i've conned so many girls while i was drunk... drink is a bad thing.

inb4 trolled. i love you regardless :3
signature
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 12:48:04 PM
So I know quite a few DDOers experiment with drugs (weed in this case), so I was wondering: when you're high, do you know and MEAN what you say? I've never been high, so I'm curious.:

Alcohol and other depressants tend to lower inhibitions, thus making you more likely to be honest and forthright about things you ordinarily might not be. As for weed, it's not a depressant, and depending on the strain, some make you more paranoid/hyper-aware, others a more mellow high (sativa?). I would say it depends on the person and the strain of THC.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 12:51:48 PM
i've told some amount of people i loved them taking other drugs too that i have little to no interest in when sober. i tried to start a communist love religion once. like i often wonder am i just justifying some part of myself to myself in everyone else's twistedness with that stuff, or if it's possibly just me not wanting to die, selfish, drawing up conceivable delusions of immortality for myself. no way drugs are helping the truth shine through whatever the case. i'm still lost, fighting my spiritual war when i come down.

maybe drugs are of god though. if you believe so... send me all your money.

http://www.debate.org...
signature
Cometflash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 12:52:46 PM
At 11/5/2012 4:51:04 PM, jharry wrote:

I can't speak for others but I lied a lot when high. I can't count on both hands and feet how many girls I promised that "I love you", "I want to be with you forever", "I will never leave you".

Where you drunk when you wrote this? :p
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 12:55:47 PM
At 11/23/2012 12:48:04 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
So I know quite a few DDOers experiment with drugs (weed in this case), so I was wondering: when you're high, do you know and MEAN what you say? I've never been high, so I'm curious.:

Alcohol and other depressants tend to lower inhibitions, thus making you more likely to be honest and forthright about things you ordinarily might not be. As for weed, it's not a depressant, and depending on the strain, some make you more paranoid/hyper-aware, others a more mellow high (sativa?). I would say it depends on the person and the strain of THC.

it also leaves you much more likely to fill women full of sh1t where you'd generally try to refrain. that works both ways. this girl obviously got flirted with by some stoned dude. you don't wanna be encouraging her to believe flirtatious drunks.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 12:57:42 PM
if i was a chick i'd believe a stoned dude telling me he loved me long before i'd believe a drunk dude saying so anyway.
signature
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 1:59:46 PM
I've only been high once. All that happened was my boyfriend played his guitar, I played his keyboard, and we sang really loudly at 2am. It was so much fun but we probably sounded a lot like this https://www.youtube.com...
yang.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 5:22:17 PM

Doesn't matter, it can still be used against you in a court of law and public opinion.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 5:28:04 PM
At 11/23/2012 11:31:33 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 11/5/2012 9:31:38 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

This. I have no fvcking idea what you people are talking about. You're more honest when you're high? What? I'm barely coherent when I'm high. See, it depends on what I'm doing. I've said before that I have been stoned while writing probably 99% of the debates that I've done on this site (because if I'm here, it usually means I'm just bored hanging out at home and not working or out with people, obviously). I also did/do the majority of my school work when I'm high. It doesn't inhibit me from expressing myself through writing and whatnot, and I can read just fine. I even work high (shh). But if I'm BLAZED just hanging out with people, watching TV, or engaging in other completely mindless or frivolous ish, I say the most ridiculous things that barely make any sense at all. I sound like Keanu Reeves. I agree with darkkermit-- it's alcohol and other drugs that make you more honest.

Absolutely golden quote.
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and sig.

But I definitely do feel more honest stoned. Less coherent too, sure.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 6:22:06 PM
I don't think weed or alcohol changes my truth meter.. lol

I may be a bit more bold on alcohol, but discression isn't lying.

You just try it, and enjoy.

btw, had some hash this morning on the way to work.. some of the best hash i've had in years! Probably gonna get me started on another hash phase..lol
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 6:23:38 PM
At 11/23/2012 12:52:46 PM, Cometflash wrote:
At 11/5/2012 4:51:04 PM, jharry wrote:

Where you drunk when you wrote this? :p

Lol no, when I'm drunk I would usually just ask "wanna f&ck?" When drunk I know I will say something stupid if say much so I always kept it short and sweet. You would be surprised by how well this works, but it's a odds thing. It failed 80-90% of the time so I had to ask a LOT for it to work out.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
commo_sense
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2012 10:55:21 AM
hell yeah even when im high i figure if i dont meen it its not worth saying it
my life is so much more interesting inside my head
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2012 1:23:39 PM
I don't even mean what I think when I'm high, come to think about it.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2012 8:16:23 PM
lolol.
Being drunk makes some of you MORE honest? Well that's interesting but definitely not the case for me... When I'm high (which is most of the day since I smoke at work) I don't really notice a change in honesty due to being stoned. I mean, regardless of the weed, I will choose to either tell a truth or a lie and I'll be aware of the difference. Now it does melt away my anxiety which might help me tell the truth if I'm nervous... But that's about it. But being drunk just makes me ramble - I'm far more cognitive and coherent when I'm stoned. :))
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.