Jump to topic:

Change FREEDO's Mind.

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 7:12:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm overdue for another change and I don't want to have to pay a huge late charge.

So..I guess just..ask me what I "believe" on stuff, if you don't already have an idea and then try to change it.

I have different onion layers to my beliefs but I'll just go with the easy top layer here.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 7:14:29 PM
At 11/9/2012 7:12:56 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm overdue for another change and I don't want to have to pay a huge late charge.

So..I guess just..ask me what I "believe" on stuff, if you don't already have an idea and then try to change it.

I have different onion layers to my beliefs but I'll just go with the easy top layer here.

Do you need convincing that the CIA is one of the most internationally damaging government agencies in existence?
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 7:18:58 PM
At 11/9/2012 7:18:11 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Marijuana is bad for you. You shouldn't smoke it.

Order is the greatest virtue of all.

Ell. Oh. Ell
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 7:26:31 PM
At 11/9/2012 7:14:29 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
Do you need convincing that the CIA is one of the most internationally damaging government agencies in existence?

No.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 7:26:57 PM
At 11/9/2012 7:18:11 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Marijuana is bad for you. You shouldn't smoke it.

Order is the greatest virtue of all.

Lol, try it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 9:59:10 PM
You should join the Nazi party.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 10:08:21 PM

The only time you should change your mind about something is when it has negative effects on your life, but that is predicated on whether or not you can actually identify if those things that are having a negative effect on your life. Most people who use drugs can't tell that drugs are having a negative effect on their life so they continue to use them. I was one of them, took me years to finally figure it out.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 10:43:58 PM
What is your favorite tv show, video game, book, super hero, and movie?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 11:14:56 PM
And now. We dahnce.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 3:32:28 AM
At 11/9/2012 10:08:21 PM, sadolite wrote:

The only time you should change your mind about something is when it has negative effects on your life, but that is predicated on whether or not you can actually identify if those things that are having a negative effect on your life. Most people who use drugs can't tell that drugs are having a negative effect on their life so they continue to use them. I was one of them, took me years to finally figure it out.

So convince me that weed is bad for me.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 4:00:52 AM
How do you feel about Hume's Bundle Theory?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 4:25:29 AM
At 11/10/2012 4:00:52 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
How do you feel about Hume's Bundle Theory?

It is one way you could explain my own perspective of self.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 4:47:04 AM
Mac, PC, or Linux?
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 5:00:39 AM
At 11/10/2012 4:47:04 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
Mac, PC, or Linux?

Linux isn't a computer brand, it's an operating system. Which I like the sound of but have never gotten around to trying.

PC.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 5:23:21 AM
Theism, Atheism, or Deism?
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 6:41:26 AM
At 11/10/2012 5:00:39 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/10/2012 4:47:04 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
Mac, PC, or Linux?

Linux isn't a computer brand, it's an operating system. Which I like the sound of but have never gotten around to trying.

PC.

I read this as "Mac, Windows, or Linux?"

...Windows. I kind of like aesthetic little bells and whistles. I don't do things intense enough to stress a contemporary mid-range system, so I don't need to worry about a stripped-down, fully customizable, always-works-but-never-perfectly system like Linux. Mac is just... sigh. I can get into it, and I have, but ultimately, I prefer a PC for everything except searching the internet, in which case, I prefer a Mac, except for portable devices.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 5:22:43 PM
My only genuine input on the subject would be to look at yourself from a perspective independent of time and space. Ancient Egyptians thought one way, Romans thought another, Medieval Europe... Modern Americans think along the lines of Democrats and Republicans, as if it is the height of our intellectual achievement. How will a 25th-century Japanese student think? How about a mother of three that won't live for another 2,000 years?

It's fair to say that we don't have a lot to go on in making assessments of people in the future. But it's not zero. We do have the ability to tell SOME of the things they will know and believe. The laws of physics, biology, and chemistry will not change, even if their ability to use them increases. Would you be so certain about economics?

They will also be looking at history books that are largely the same as ours. They will read about the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Mongolians, English, and Americans. Ask yourself: what do they read afterwards? Does America perish, or does it prosper? And most importantly: why?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 9:51:42 PM
Homosexual, Transexual, Bisexual, Trisexual, Aliensexual, or Heterosexual?
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 10:40:17 PM
At 11/10/2012 9:51:42 PM, Chicken wrote:
Homosexual, Transexual, Bisexual, Trisexual, Aliensexual, or Heterosexual?

Egosexual. Can't get enough of myself.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 10:47:07 PM
At 11/10/2012 10:44:42 PM, badger wrote:
there is a god ;D

Hmm. I'm sure whether my it's my top layer that disagrees with that.

Actually, yes. There is a Goddess, but no God.

Try me.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 11:46:48 PM
well, look around you. such theorizing would only be harmonious, would it not? i would think most certainly for you, a true appreciator of the beautifully strange. the only thing that doesn't fit is evil, the problem of evil, the solution of which is in our hands, perhaps. do i make such great leaps over it? maybe. evolution, blah, brought to feel this way, those feelings are irrelevant, insignificant in the grand scale of things... okay, sorry, i'm feeling again, but, well, that just comes across rather monstrous to me, not godly to be sure. i mean, sure, i guess you can use randomness to destroy godliness. i guess you can cast off all righteous thought as mere folly, a delusion of the randomness. BUT THAT DOESN'T FVCKING FIT, NOT FOR ME, NOPE!! that is no god, nor godliness. it is an abomination. atheists posit all powerful randomness in place of all powerful care. they're pissed of with God. it's a damn lofty assumption to be sure. looks can be deceiving. enter pascal's wager

okay, i've in no way proved god must exist, that we're not but randomly generated monsters. pascal's wager is just a threat. granted. but what i do not grant is that it is intellectually bankrupt. in coming to defining what it is to be a living being in such terms, in terms of randomness alone, outside of all objectivity, it is most certainly an extremely warranted threat, that is, outside of certainty at least, but then again, what certainty are we to expect? the simple fact is that there is much faith placed in surmise drawn from the teachings of science, damaging faith, where it is easily false. it's the christian god all over again. free market morality!! look at the state of the world. if there isn't a god, there should be one and we should build one. we are not nothing.
signature
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 6:46:36 AM
At 11/9/2012 7:14:29 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

Dude, you are blowing this extramarital affair thing way out of proportion.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 7:55:13 AM
At 11/10/2012 3:32:28 AM, FREEDO wrote:

That is a question only you can answer to your self. Why would you ask someone else is something is bad for you. You don't know using drugs has a negitive?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 8:02:07 AM
At 11/11/2012 7:55:13 AM, sadolite wrote:

That is a question only you can answer to your self. Why would you ask someone else is something is bad for you. You don't know using drugs has a negative?

To reiterate:
"That is predicated on whether or not you can actually identify if those things that are having a negative effect on your life."

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 10:21:13 AM

That is a question only you can answer to your self. Why would you ask someone else is something is bad for you. You don't know using drugs has a negitive?

That's a crude statement, since there are thousands if not millions of different drugs that all affect the body differently.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2012 2:49:30 PM
At 11/11/2012 10:21:13 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:

That's a crude statement, since there are thousands if not millions of different drugs that all affect the body differently.

My sentiment exactly.

From the evidence I've seen, marijuana is not only good for me but is the single most medically beneficial substance known to man.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord