Jump to topic:

A Poem Of Mine To Share!

jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 12:11:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hey all. Was considering posting this in the arts forum but this is too personal. I wrote a poem just now, it took me 30 minutes and I really like it, so I thought I would share it with my favorite online community in order to:

- share my artwork with my DDO brethren (sorry, brethren only, if you're a chick kindly stop reading this now and don't dare PMS all over my holy work.... Yes Royal I DO in fact hate all women... Jk)
- get some feedback in the form of praise and/or criticism, but this is second to just wanting to share what I've made. I feel like it.

Anyways, without further ado.

If I was an artist who paints with his shoes! My gift is my song, babe, and this one's for you.

Who knows the absurd that a fresh blue dawn brings. Dare I fathom the craziness, the loves, and the stings.

We live in a world of time and of space; but we flee from our boundaries, repressing our face. Is nature the master to which we"ve been bound, by which we adhere without making a sound? Too petrified to move, too measly to be found, scared enough of a little drown so as to be powerless to reach for the sacred crown?

Oh, brother, for fVck's sake, why cannot you see? How to discover what sits secretly, patiently inside you and me? Quit seeking the heavens, the gods in their skies; stand tall and be brave to confront the damned sighs - the sighs of the oppressed - men who work without rest - toiling in fear of inevitable truth: an untimely end, the cessation of youth.

God almighty pities not that which lives for a day. So exist in the moment, harmonize, be gay. Let us accept the wearisome conditions of lowly animalia, go with the flow, and discover what lays beneath the surface of one and of all. No more failing to climb out of fear of the fall! At the least we must try, my fellow man and I, we must try and try again even if we die trying or try dying. Try try we must, my beautiful soul; now into this unexplored world of magic let's roll.

Dare to try and then do it, even if you may die - then, perhaps, my one and only, mayst you some day learn to fly.

- Learning To Fly (but you don't have wings): A Letter of Truth to My One and Only
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 1:20:09 AM
A Poem for the Creationist:

I saw a monkey over there
He looked, for all the world, like he did not care
Arse bare
Comforted by no chair
He sat on but a rock
And there he pulled his cock
In this am I to put stock?
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 1:37:42 AM
The Beauty of Life:

I saw a bird up in a tree
It turned its head and looked at me
Such freedom! I pondered
It was still just sitting there...
Such marvels! I floundered
Having besides it spotted a hare

Then some dude shot me, and now I'm dead.
signature
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 2:27:09 AM
At 12/1/2012 2:25:28 AM, badger wrote:
At 12/1/2012 2:04:54 AM, FREEDO wrote:
That poem is over 9,000.

Thank you! I thought it was pretty good.

I was actually talking about the OP but yours are great too.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 2:27:59 AM
At 12/1/2012 2:27:09 AM, FREEDO wrote:
That poem is over 9,000.

How come mine only get a secondhand compliment?
signature
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 3:05:01 AM
At 12/1/2012 2:27:59 AM, badger wrote:
At 12/1/2012 2:27:09 AM, FREEDO wrote:
That poem is over 9,000.

How come mine only get a secondhand compliment?

Because the thread is about the OP and I hadn't scrolled down to see yours.

I also like the OP better. Though, they are completely different categories. Yours are funny, which I thoroughly enjoy. The OP is longer and has various artistic qualities not included in yours.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord