Jump to topic:

Christmas Wish List

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 7:49:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What's on your Christmas wish list this year? So far I've already gotten a few presents: nice new boots from my mom, a nice new winter jacket from my grandparents, and my dad's getting me a video camera. My relatives will probably give me some money, which I'll be saving to put toward a new laptop, a hair appointment (it costs me ~250 $), a new hair straightener (I use a good one that costs ~150 $) and a Playstation 3 because my old one broke. My aunt also got me a new gym membership since I've moved kinda far from the one I currently use. I don't think there's anything else that I really want/need besides new clothes, which is typical given that I work in NYC. It's always nice to get random surprise presents, but that hasn't happened to me in a VERY long time. I don't think I'll be getting anything interesting this year (a vacation would be my dream gift lol but that's not happening-- it almost did though). Is there anything in particular that ya'll are hoping to get?
President of DDO
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 7:54:07 PM
this is probably gonna be the first christmas there's not gonna be war in my family what with my Grandfather having died... and... you know... that would make for the most awesome christmas i've ever had. that's all i want. poker and laughing and drink. and turkey and lamb and beef and stuffing and everything else sexy about christmas dinner!!
signature
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 8:06:01 PM
At 12/9/2012 7:49:55 PM, Danielle wrote:
What's on your Christmas wish list this year? So far I've already gotten a few presents: nice new boots from my mom, a nice new winter jacket from my grandparents, and my dad's getting me a video camera. My relatives will probably give me some money, which I'll be saving to put toward a new laptop, a hair appointment (it costs me ~250 $), a new hair straightener (I use a good one that costs ~150 $) and a Playstation 3 because my old one broke. My aunt also got me a new gym membership since I've moved kinda far from the one I currently use. I don't think there's anything else that I really want/need besides new clothes, which is typical given that I work in NYC. It's always nice to get random surprise presents, but that hasn't happened to me in a VERY long time. I don't think I'll be getting anything interesting this year (a vacation would be my dream gift lol but that's not happening-- it almost did though). Is there anything in particular that ya'll are hoping to get?

Money for this extracurricular student government program in the Spring next year. Also, some books, a magazine subscription, and money to use towards investing in the stock market.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 8:08:33 PM
I got a (matcha) tea set from my mom (or rather, she transferred money to my account and I bought what I wanted. She actually wanted me to buy my own present, wrap it, and put it under the tree and I was like "That's stupid" lol).

I also want a travel mug because I lost my $40 one. Other than that, I don't really want anything. A gym membership would be nice!
yang.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 8:09:38 PM
At 12/9/2012 8:02:37 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I just want a warm pair of slippers (so I can just get up and slip into them in the morning), and maybe a book light so I can read in the dark.
I recently saw this http://www.amazon.com... Two minutes in microwave, and they're warm for a good while.
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 8:16:12 PM
At 12/9/2012 8:15:10 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
A decent car for school.

Other than that, I don't mind being surprised. My family knows what interests me.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 8:21:34 PM
Hume - an inquiry concerning human understanding

David Chalmers - The Conscious Mind: In Search of a Fundamental Theory

Camus - The Stranger

Books by Popper and Quinne probably if I can decide which ones I want.

Kant - A Critique of Practical Reason

That's it so far.

Yeah I know. What the fvck is a Christmas list with only non-fiction books? Well I'm too poor to afford buy all the books I want and I honestly can't think of anything else I'd want so why not.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 8:23:40 PM
As I've gotten older, I've placed less stock in these set-aside days for gift giving. It's really hard for me to create a list to give to people to give me presents. If I want something, I just go get it. It is almost a hassle nowadays, like a chore that I have to think up things for people to give me.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:37:00 PM
I didn't give people a list of what I want. My mom bought me the boots on her own, and my dad knew I wanted a video camera for a project I want to work on. My grandparents told me that they wanted to get me a new jacket because my old one "didn't look warm enough" for their liking. I didn't ask for these things. I haven't made a Christmas list since I was 10. I'm buying everything I want for myself. In reality, even if some relatives gave me money as a gift, it really wouldn't go toward presents for me-- it'd just be a reimbursement of money I spent on gifts for them or their kids :P
President of DDO
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:43:08 PM
At 12/9/2012 9:37:00 PM, Danielle wrote:
I didn't give people a list of what I want. My mom bought me the boots on her own, and my dad knew I wanted a video camera for a project I want to work on. My grandparents told me that they wanted to get me a new jacket because my old one "didn't look warm enough" for their liking. I didn't ask for these things. I haven't made a Christmas list since I was 10. I'm buying everything I want for myself. In reality, even if some relatives gave me money as a gift, it really wouldn't go toward presents for me-- it'd just be a reimbursement of money I spent on gifts for them or their kids :P

Yeah, I understand, but I really don't even have a conscious mental list of things I want or am hoping for. The holidays are basically just too much family drama that I'd just as soon be done with it. I like giving gifts to my boys, though.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:50:46 PM
Regarding slippers:

I got these for christmas a few years ago. The Ugg Ascot slipper. They're the most comfortable shoes I own, and I've worn them actually to class many times. Shameless? Perhaps. They sure are comfortable though. I'd recommend buying a size up though. The lining takes up a lot of room.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com...

A few members of my family asked me for what I would like for christmas though. If I were to make a list -which I actually did until I graduated high school- it would probably begin with a new pair of bose earbuds.
Tsar of DDO
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:54:32 PM
I really got nothing on any list. If I want it, I'll buy it. If Ican't afford it, I'll steal it.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:57:19 PM
At 12/9/2012 9:54:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:53:45 PM, badger wrote:
i'd love some weed.

Oo, that too.

you've never smoked weed in your life.
signature
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:06:22 PM
At 12/9/2012 9:57:19 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:54:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:53:45 PM, badger wrote:
i'd love some weed.

Oo, that too.

you've never smoked weed in your life.

You're absolutely right. You caught me. *throws hands up*

Here's a completely unrelated picture of me after I got chlorine in my eyes:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:22:26 PM
i'm not sure if "urban legend" meant exactly what i was wanting to say there, but i'm sure you get the gist and also, i'm drunk
signature
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:38:36 PM
Another computer monitor...class will be so much easier with two computer monitors.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:53:25 PM
At 12/9/2012 10:38:36 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Another computer monitor...class will be so much easier with two computer monitors.

I don't really like having the line between the two screens.

I just want a better computer monitor and I'll be set.
And money. Money is always good.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 11:38:29 PM
An external hard drive and a rain jacket.... That's pretty much it.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 11:52:46 PM
Lol, when people ask me what I want for Christmas it takes me a while to think of an answer. I've never wanted that much stuff. Ideally I would just get a gift card so I can buy stuff when I actually get the compulsion, but for some reason people are uncomfortable with giving plain money or gift cards as a present.

But seriously, thats all I really want. Just gimme a vanilla card with $50, $100, or however much money on it, and I'm set.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 1:09:32 AM
At 12/9/2012 11:52:46 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Lol, when people ask me what I want for Christmas it takes me a while to think of an answer. I've never wanted that much stuff. Ideally I would just get a gift card so I can buy stuff when I actually get the compulsion, but for some reason people are uncomfortable with giving plain money or gift cards as a present.

But seriously, thats all I really want. Just gimme a vanilla card with $50, $100, or however much money on it, and I'm set.

I've always thought gift cards were weird...

"Here's some money. But you can only spend it at the business of my choosing."
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 1:12:14 AM
At 12/10/2012 1:09:32 AM, Oryus wrote:

Exactly. My guess is that gift cards look less tacky than cash.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 1:13:19 AM
At 12/10/2012 1:09:32 AM, Oryus wrote:

I've always thought the following scenario would be entertaining:

Dad finds out his son is gay, so for the son's birthday the dad buys him a gift card to a brothel. The card reads: "Finest women in town."

Son walks into brothel.

"Is there a cash-out option?"
Tsar of DDO