Total Posts:80|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What is your greatest aspiration in life?

Axiom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 11:40:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
My greatest aspirations:

I want to be a New York Times #1 bestselling fantasy author.
I want to own two golden retrievers. (It doesn't sound it, but yes, yes this is an aspiration.)
I want to shake the hand of J.K. Rowling once in my life.

How 'bout you guys? :D
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 12:21:20 AM
At 1/4/2013 11:40:27 PM, Axiom wrote:
My greatest aspirations:

I want to be a New York Times #1 bestselling fantasy author.
I want to own two golden retrievers. (It doesn't sound it, but yes, yes this is an aspiration.)
I want to shake the hand of J.K. Rowling once in my life.

How 'bout you guys? :D

Can we have more than three?
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 12:45:10 AM
1. Get a career as an Air Traffic Controller.
2. Marry a very nice and beautiful girl.
3. Raise a healthy family.
4. Not die violently.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 12:45:57 AM
I would love to dance on God's grave.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 12:54:26 AM
My greatest aspirations:

In no particular order, subject to revisions... blah blah blah..

1. End Elective Abortion and establish rights and personhood protections for the children now being denied.
2. Gain a U. S. Patent for one or more of my Inventions.
3. Become successful enough in life that I can travel (with my wife) and prospect (treasure hunt) all over the globe.
4. Drive and Indy car at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway at the fastest speed that I can safely manage.
5. Design and build my own dream home and final 'resting place.'
6. Record an album of my own music (instrumentals) and songs.
7. Establish a network/ web page to assist people in locating lost loved ones and with identifying presently un-identified located remains.
8. Reacquire, restore and enjoy again my favorite cars from my past.
9. Pass my knowledge, values and 'wisdom?' on to my children and grand-children.
10. Leave this life with as few doubts and regrets as is humanly possible.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

jake5493
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 1:47:25 AM
there is only ever 1 true aspiration. and its quite simple to define yet impossible to achieve. happiness pure, plain, and simple. we all want happiness. once you know, and attain, what makes you happy. you will, in theory be happy. but wants and needs are ever-evolving and therefore unattainable in entirety. sorry to be a downer, but at least im happier knowing that to be true and not fighting it. good advice would be to settle on great not perfect.
if he cared about good and evil he'd pick a side and not let the colors blend. :/
jake5493
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 1:52:07 AM
At 1/5/2013 12:45:57 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

did it hurt when god kicked your hateful @$$ outta heaven lucifer? im pretty sure thats your name. i understand not falling in line with mainstream religion, but dont EVER openly disrespect it.
if he cared about good and evil he'd pick a side and not let the colors blend. :/
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 1:56:58 AM
At 1/5/2013 1:47:25 AM, jake5493 wrote:
there is only ever 1 true aspiration. and its quite simple to define yet impossible to achieve. happiness pure, plain, and simple. we all want happiness. once you know, and attain, what makes you happy. you will, in theory be happy. but wants and needs are ever-evolving and therefore unattainable in entirety. sorry to be a downer, but at least I'm happier knowing that to be true and not fighting it. good advice would be to settle on great not perfect.

Things that can make us 'happy' are ever changing as well. For myself, that which could have made me most happy is completely gone forever and can never be achieved. (She died. So talk about your downers...)

Looking past that, does one's own happiness come before everything (everyone) else? That seems to be a little self centered unless that which makes you 'happy' would include doing things to improve the lives of others, maybe.

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 2:08:17 AM
- Get a chemistry-related PhD (or do what it takes to succeed in whatever other path i choose for myself)
- Don't mess anything up so badly that i can't both fix and learn from it
- Make peace with the things i can't change
- Find someone that i love, and spend as much of my life with them that i can

Basically, i want to be happy - doing what i love, spending my life with someone that i love, and not worrying about the things that don't need to be worried about. No life is perfect but that sounds absolutely wonderful and it seems completely possible if i'm willing to try :)
GarretKadeDupre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 2:10:37 AM
At 1/5/2013 2:08:17 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
- Get a chemistry-related PhD

I forgot, that's one of mine too.
Proof that people witnessed living dinosaurs:
Axiom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 2:11:30 AM
At 1/5/2013 12:54:26 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
My greatest aspirations:

1. End Elective Abortion and establish rights and personhood protections for the children now being denied.
3. Become successful enough in life that I can travel (with my wife) and prospect (treasure hunt) all over the globe.
4. Drive and Indy car at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway at the fastest speed that I can safely manage.
7. Establish a network/ web page to assist people in locating lost loved ones and with identifying presently un-identified located remains.
9. Pass my knowledge, values and 'wisdom?' on to my children and grand-children.

Those are some pretty cool ones. I especially like "3." Treasure hunting is a thing still? Sweet! :D
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 2:13:16 AM
At 1/5/2013 2:11:30 AM, Axiom wrote:
At 1/5/2013 12:54:26 AM, Chuz-Life wrote:
My greatest aspirations:

Those are some pretty cool ones. I especially like "3." Treasure hunting is a thing still? Sweet! :D

Oh yeah (metal detecting, gold panning, gem mining.... ) it's all fun and relaxing.

Great thread by the way.

Axiom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 2:14:13 AM
At 1/5/2013 1:52:07 AM, jake5493 wrote:

did it hurt when god kicked your hateful @$$ outta heaven lucifer? im pretty sure thats your name. i understand not falling in line with mainstream religion, but dont EVER openly disrespect it.

He's just trolling. His definition of 'god' vs. a theistic definition of "God" are vastly different. He's ridiculing an atheistic idea of a make-believe, fear-mongering, ridiculous caricature, while theists bear in mind the idea of an omnipotent, omnipresent, benevolent creator and author of the universe.

There is no meeting of the minds. He is trying to disrespect you, but if he actually defined God as you do then he wouldn't say the same things. It's an interesting social conundrum.
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 2:19:52 AM
At 1/5/2013 2:14:13 AM, Axiom wrote:

He's just trolling. His definition of 'god' vs. a theistic definition of "God" are vastly different. He's ridiculing an atheistic idea of a make-believe, fear-mongering, ridiculous caricature, while theists bear in mind the idea of an omnipotent, omnipresent, benevolent creator and author of the universe.

There is no meeting of the minds. He is trying to disrespect you, but if he actually defined God as you do then he wouldn't say the same things. It's an interesting social conundrum.

I was gonna say.... dancing in an act of disrespect on the grave of a dude (or dudette) who can snap right back to life in an instant can't be the smartest thing he's ever come up with. LOL

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 2:23:38 AM

http://i3.kym-cdn.com...
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 2:35:56 AM
At 1/5/2013 2:14:13 AM, Axiom wrote:

Not what I meant. I meant God as in religion and how it is being phased out.

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Yet his shadow still looms. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?
"Nietzsche
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 2:36:54 AM
At 1/5/2013 2:23:38 AM, socialpinko wrote:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 2:42:31 AM
My aspirations:

1. Serve for a certain period of time in the United States Armed Forces (if not indefinitely)
2. Find and marry a beautiful girl.
3. Never hold a 9-to-5 job.
4. Not die peacefully.
5. Never fulfill at least one of these aspirations.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 2:45:07 AM
At 1/5/2013 2:42:31 AM, Zaradi wrote:
My aspirations:

1. Serve for a certain period of time in the United States Armed Forces (if not indefinitely)
2. Find and marry a beautiful girl.
3. Never hold a 9-to-5 job.
4. Not die peacefully.
yolo
5. Never fulfill at least one of these aspirations.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 3:18:24 AM
Huh, lots of things on this list.

This order is just in the order they came to my mind, and do not reflect more or less importance in their standing. Subject to change.

1. Be remembered in history as a generally great person
2. Die honorably, with my mind still intact so to speak
3. Be able to just relax, without any troubles
4. Meet and marry "the One" for me, raise a family, see my great/grand children
5. Hold down a steady job, high-paying maybe, that I will enjoy and will be able to let my family live comfortably.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Clash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 6:39:28 AM
Winning over 200 debates, getting 100% in my percentile, and having 10,000 points in my elo ranking. My life will be complete after I have accomplished this.
RationalMadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 8:40:08 AM
1. Get older
2. Die
3. Cure Ageing
I hope to succeed at both... If I fail one and fail 2 then I have cured ageing :)
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 8:48:47 AM
I already achieved it. To not have to worry about cashing or depositing my pay check right away to pay bills and buy food when I get it. Nothing sucks worse than living pay check to pay check.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 2:58:45 PM
Get a PhD

Work at something I love to live somewhere I love with someone I love.
Do all I can to help my family do the same.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 3:20:46 PM
I've never had a dream in my life, because a dream is what you want to do, but still haven't pursued. I know what I want, and do it until it's done, so I've been the dream that I wanted to be since day one.
Imagination
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 3:32:37 PM
Happiness :D

And I have found it with a beautiful woman ^^

We are also financially secure, which is good >,>
"And if reality doesn't fit the discrete labels we invent to describe it?" --drafterman