Jump to topic:

Widening Your Perspective

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 8:38:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This isn't directed at anyone in-particular. But I've seen a lot of people complaining on Facebook recently.

----

You live on a microscopic speck suitable for life in a vast cosmos of the most extremely unlivable climates separated by insurmountable emptiness. The lifespan of that speck is unrecognizable in comparison. Your own lifespan, and indeed your entire ancestries lifespans, are unrecognizable in comparison to the lifespan of that speck. The era you occupy is a diminutive fraction among your ancestors, and one of unthinkable advancements and growth that relinquish you from the majority of toil that they had to endure and fill your mind full of entertainment that they never dreamed of. In this time period, you happen to reside among the most privileged and developed upon the entire speck, a place which the majority of the speck's inhabitants will never have the opportunity to appreciate.

One of the particular privileges is a monolithic social network among your like-privileged that contains more resources for information and opportunity than you could ever hope to fully exploit. You used this social network to send a mass communication detailing your issues in life.

If there has ever been a thing to recognize about the nature of the universe--have it some level of sentience, organization or not--it is that it hasn't struck you down where you sit now. Taking all the probabilities into perspective, it's as if it has been conspiring in your sadistic favor.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 8:52:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I had to wait to post this until I was sure I was doing it out of a boasting of my spirit and not out of airing my trivial grievance with people who air their trivial grievances.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord