Jump to topic:

Where's The Happiness?

SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 5:29:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yeah, another my life sucks thread, deal with it.

Seriously, I don't see where happiness in life comes from, or can come from me. Whenever I go out with "friends", I am just sickened by whatever they are doing or pay attention to. I begin to hate the human kind more and more. Wherever I look like, I ask myself "How can people live here?" Everything seems so bland, lifeless and such. I try to fit in into the society, but the simple idea sickens me, and it's too much work when it's not native to you. Almost all possible outcomes of my life just sadden me..

Besides, I'm pretty much being friend-zoned by the girl I like, at which I should probably look at as a blessing, since I had some of the most fun convos with her.

Eh, anyone who felt the same?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 5:33:43 PM
At 1/28/2013 5:29:29 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:

Seriously, I don't see where happiness in life comes from, or can come from me. Whenever I go out with "friends", I am just sickened by whatever they are doing or pay attention to. I begin to hate the human kind more and more. Wherever I look like, I ask myself "How can people live here?" Everything seems so bland, lifeless and such. I try to fit in into the society, but the simple idea sickens me, and it's too much work when it's not native to you. Almost all possible outcomes of my life just sadden me..

Besides, I'm pretty much being friend-zoned by the girl I like, at which I should probably look at as a blessing, since I had some of the most fun convos with her.

Save up money. Travel the world.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 5:34:50 PM
At 1/28/2013 5:33:43 PM, Oryus wrote:

Why should I expect the rest of the world to be better?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 5:37:40 PM
At 1/28/2013 5:34:50 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:

You'll never know if you don't go find out.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 5:45:39 PM
Happiness is entirely subjective. The only one who can answer this is you.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 5:48:13 PM
At 1/28/2013 5:37:40 PM, Oryus wrote:

I traveled to quite a few places in europe, and once to Africa. I didn't see anything really appealing about those.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 5:54:44 PM
At 1/28/2013 5:45:39 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Happiness is entirely subjective. The only one who can answer this is you.

It can be shared, though.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 5:54:58 PM
At 1/28/2013 5:45:59 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
For me, happiness come from the thrashing and screams of those I dislike.

So, become a troll?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 5:54:59 PM
At 1/28/2013 5:48:13 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:

I traveled to quite a few places in europe, and once to Africa. I didn't see anything really appealing about those.

Perhaps the problem is not with the world but more in how you are looking at it.
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:02:49 PM
At 1/28/2013 5:54:59 PM, Oryus wrote:

Perhaps the problem is not with the world but more in how you are looking at it.

Why does there need to be a problem? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but still...
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:06:45 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:02:49 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Why does there need to be a problem? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but still...

Did I assert that there needed to be?
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:07:08 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:00:34 PM, darkkermit wrote:
happiness comes from drugs :).

hahaha says the guy who doesn't do drugs...
:
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:10:16 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:06:45 PM, Oryus wrote:

You're implying that there is a problem with how he is looking at the world.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:13:01 PM

I'm enlightened. I shall now worship you for showing me the way!
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:13:01 PM

A little DMT never hurt anyone
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:30:56 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:10:16 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Oh I see. Well, let's look at what he said.

Seriously, I don't see where happiness in life comes from, or can come from me.
Does he suffer from anhedonia? Probably not. If he doesn't, then he is capable of experiencing happiness. The fact that he can't see that, especially if he wants to feel happiness (he certainly seems interested in it, judging by his creation of this thread), is a problem.
Whenever I go out with "friends", I am just sickened by whatever they are doing or pay attention to. I begin to hate the human kind more and more.
Here, he is using some criteria, I suppose, for what humans-not-worth-hating are like and then viewing his friends as not up to par, thus he hates all of humankind for it. I don't think I need to explain to people on DDO why this is a poor sample to judge the whole of humankind by. This is illogical therefore it is a problem. Secondly, the criteria he is using is subjective and it is making him unhappy. It could be changed but that's up to him.
Wherever I look like, I ask myself "How can people live here?" Everything seems so bland, lifeless and such.
Again, he is using some criteria for what "full of life" and "not bland" are and judging his surroundings to not be up to par. If we were to debate whether those surroundings are actually bland and lifeless, he'd probably lose- unless he lives in the open waters of a brackish, polluted bay. His assessment of the landscape is based on, again, a subjective criteria which is probably illogical and, again, makes him unhappy. Yes, I'd say it's a problem.
I try to fit in into the society, but the simple idea sickens me, and it's too much work when it's not native to you. Almost all possible outcomes of my life just sadden me..

I'm betting society is native to him- as he is on a computer right now conversing in English which, for a feral person for which society is not actually native to them, would be very difficult to do. I assume he is meaning that he's introverted. Also, he need not fit into society if it sickens him so. Hence my suggestion to travel.

Yes, I have felt the same. A repetitive cycle of negative thoughts. It happens to millions. Life is suffering.

So basically, the assessment of the world based on subjective criteria is making him feel bad. If he doesn't want to feel bad, then it is a problem. If he wants to make logical observations, then it is a problem.

Judging by the fact that this man is a human and that he is also a member of this website, I'm betting that he both wants to be happy AND make logical observations of the world.
:
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:48:27 PM
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:50:52 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:07:08 PM, Oryus wrote:

and i'm not happy :p.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:51:02 PM
I really didn't want to turn this into an argument, eh. I could just go and try to refute what I disagree with, but it will turn into a long chain of posts which will go against the original meaning of the thread.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:51:39 PM
I do understand what you are going through though. I feel the same way, but I found my own way to deal with it.

The question I ask is why do you feel like you have to fit in? Seriously, fvck that. I tried to, "fit in," and when I stopped caring about fitting in, I was much happier.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:51:51 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:50:52 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 1/28/2013 6:07:08 PM, Oryus wrote:

and i'm not happy :p.

hahaha touche
:
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:52:00 PM
At 1/28/2013 5:54:58 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:

So, become a troll?

It helps.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:52:56 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:51:02 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
I really didn't want to turn this into an argument, eh. I could just go and try to refute what I disagree with, but it will turn into a long chain of posts which will go against the original meaning of the thread.

Eh, bossy and I are friends and he's giving me sh1t. You don't need to defend your surly worldview to me. :P

What is the original meaning of the thread?
:
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:54:02 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:52:00 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

So, become a troll?

It helps.

Yeah, it makes you laugh for quite a while, but I'm asking for a more lasting solution.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:55:49 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:30:56 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/28/2013 6:10:16 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Oh I see. Well, let's look at what he said.

Seriously, I don't see where happiness in life comes from, or can come from me.
Does he suffer from anhedonia? Probably not. If he doesn't, then he is capable of experiencing happiness. The fact that he can't see that, especially if he wants to feel happiness (he certainly seems interested in it, judging by his creation of this thread), is a problem.
Just because you want something doesn't mean it's worth having considering what you would have to do to get it.
Whenever I go out with "friends", I am just sickened by whatever they are doing or pay attention to. I begin to hate the human kind more and more.
Here, he is using some criteria, I suppose, for what humans-not-worth-hating are like and then viewing his friends as not up to par, thus he hates all of humankind for it. I don't think I need to explain to people on DDO why this is a poor sample to judge the whole of humankind by. This is illogical therefore it is a problem.
This part I kinda agree with.
Secondly, the criteria he is using is subjective and it is making him unhappy. It could be changed but that's up to him.
Just because something is subjective doesn't mean that you should change your views on it. You pick the most reasonable of the available options, not the one that makes you feel better.
Wherever I look like, I ask myself "How can people live here?" Everything seems so bland, lifeless and such.
Again, he is using some criteria for what "full of life" and "not bland" are and judging his surroundings to not be up to par. If we were to debate whether those surroundings are actually bland and lifeless, he'd probably lose- unless he lives in the open waters of a brackish, polluted bay.
I think he was talking in hyperbole...
His assessment of the landscape is based on, again, a subjective criteria which is probably illogical and, again, makes him unhappy. Yes, I'd say it's a problem.
I actually would like know his criteria.
I try to fit in into the society, but the simple idea sickens me, and it's too much work when it's not native to you. Almost all possible outcomes of my life just sadden me..

I'm betting society is native to him- as he is on a computer right now conversing in English which, for a feral person for which society is not actually native to them, would be very difficult to do. I assume he is meaning that he's introverted. Also, he need not fit into society if it sickens him so. Hence my suggestion to travel.

Yes, I have felt the same. A repetitive cycle of negative thoughts. It happens to millions. Life is suffering.

So basically, the assessment of the world based on subjective criteria is making him feel bad. If he doesn't want to feel bad, then it is a problem. If he wants to make logical observations, then it is a problem.

Judging by the fact that this man is a human and that he is also a member of this website, I'm betting that he both wants to be happy AND make logical observations of the world.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:56:48 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:51:39 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I do understand what you are going through though. I feel the same way, but I found my own way to deal with it.

The question I ask is why do you feel like you have to fit in? Seriously, fvck that. I tried to, "fit in," and when I stopped caring about fitting in, I was much happier.

Yeah, I used not to care about fitting in, but sometimes living like others do, being like people around you spjust seems so appealing. I can just be online all the time chatting on DDO and surfing the net, but it will be far from a dream life. Eh, idk anymore.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:57:00 PM
At 1/28/2013 6:54:02 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 1/28/2013 6:52:00 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

So, become a troll?

It helps.

Yeah, it makes you laugh for quite a while, but I'm asking for a more lasting solution.

Well it seems from what you said that most of what you are feeling comes from society and people. I would suggest you remove those two things from you life. Violently.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 6:57:07 PM
Sorry, I hadn't looked at the posts that were posted while I wasn't looking at the posts.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush