Jump to topic:

Top 10 DDOers you respect.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 12:04:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Which DDOers to you respect the most? Place them in order for highest being 1 and lowest at 10.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 12:04:55 PM
How do you quantify respect?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 12:05:51 PM
1. Imabench
2. Suburti/ Ron
3. Kyro_90
4. Roy Larthum
5. Brian_Eggleston
6. RoyalPalidin
7. OberrHerr
8. Phantom
9. TUF
10. Inferno

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 12:06:22 PM
At 2/1/2013 12:04:55 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

respect as in you look up to them and trust them the most.

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 12:07:26 PM
At 2/1/2013 12:06:22 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/1/2013 12:04:55 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

respect as in you look up to them and trust them the most.

#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 12:20:22 PM
I'm just going to assume this mean intellectually. I don't know any DDO users personally.

1. OMGJustinBeiber
2. Cody_Franklin
3. Danielle
4. Jat93
5. Phantom
6. Popculturepooka
7. Raisor
8. Royal
9. Unitedandy
10. Freeman
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 12:25:00 PM
Contradiction
RoyLatham
Phantom
Nur-ab-sal
LaissezFaire
Wallstreetathiest
thett3
YYW
Twocupcakes
Marauder
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 12:36:55 PM
Well, isn't this a huge d*cksucking event......

Let's get to blowin'...

1.> HonestDiscussioner - He once contacted a source I used in a debate and got a direct quote from a PHD at the school to denounce my claims. That was the most epic a**whooping I've ever received on this site. I think Scotty_Douglas was the only jack*ss brave enough to vote for me on that debate.

2.> KRFournier - Just plain talented debater.

3.> Zetsubou - Had a tough debate with him. Ended up as a tie.

4.>WallStreetAtheist - Makes me laugh....a lot.I really enjoyed his Muslim phase.

5.> Imabench - I wouldn't host the weekly stupid, if I didn't think it was entertaining.

6.>AnnaNicole - She is the most stubborn, relentlessly naive cow I have ever met. But she knows what hill she's buried on and I definitely respect that.

7.>andrewkletzien - A very approachable person with diametrically opposite views. I enjoy talking to people who can articulate their ideology.

8.> N/A
9.>N/A
10.>N/A
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
LatentDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 12:37:44 PM
I respect idiots. They are brave enough to show off their stupidity.

1. dairygirl4u2c
2. RationalMadman
3. Anti-Atheist
4. Inferno
5. Imabench
6. Heineken
7. Lannan13
8. JimTimmy
9. johnlubba
10. Every single troll
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

People who think they know everything are extremely irritating to those of us who do.

"If you believe in a god, just tell me why you don't believe in all the other gods. The reasons you give will be why I don't believe in yours." - Ricky THEGENIUS Gervais
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 12:45:07 PM
I'll try to order them:

1. RoyLatham
2. LaissezFaire
3. Danielle
4. thett3
5. YYW
6. jat93
7. DanT
8. Raisor
9. Freeman
10. bluesteel
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:05:01 PM
At 2/1/2013 12:20:22 PM, Noumena wrote:
I'm just going to assume this mean intellectually. I don't know any DDO users personally.

1. OMGJustinBeiber
2. Cody_Franklin
3. Danielle
4. Jat93
5. Phantom
6. Popculturepooka
7. Raisor
8. Royal
9. Unitedandy
10. Freeman

Wow, thanks. I'm honestly flattered. I know we have our disagreements, but, damn.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:11:45 PM
At 2/1/2013 3:05:01 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 2/1/2013 12:20:22 PM, Noumena wrote:

1. OMGJustinBeiber
2. Cody_Franklin
3. Danielle
4. Jat93
5. Phantom
6. Popculturepooka
7. Raisor
8. Royal
9. Unitedandy
10. Freeman

Wow, thanks. I'm honestly flattered. I know we have our disagreements, but, damn.

If I made a list you would be up there too.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:19:37 PM
Yes, I intentionally tied BlackVoid and Noumena for fourth.

Ok, BlackVoid, we all flattered you. Play Mafia with us, pleeease!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:20:52 PM
Many thanks, 16k and Subutai.

My List, in no pirticular order:

Oyrus
Man-Is-Good
Roy
Danielle
Logic_on_Rails
WSA
Thett
The Fool
DoubleR

Of course there are others, and I like almost all of the people on here. I might post a second list later.
Tsar of DDO
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:23:13 PM
At 2/1/2013 12:37:44 PM, LatentDebater wrote:
I respect idiots. They are brave enough to show off their stupidity.

1. dairygirl4u2c
2. RationalMadman
3. Anti-Atheist
4. Inferno
5. Imabench
6. Heineken
7. Lannan13
8. JimTimmy
9. johnlubba
10. Every single troll

Holy Sh*t I got mentioned

OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:35:16 PM
This isn't comprehensive, just because you're not on the list doesn't mean I don't respect you.

1. Sidewalker - Underrated, older user. Where have you been?
2. Wnope - I've always wondered what this person's education was because he was a deep knowledge of neuroscience. Definitely someone whose posts should be read.
3. Noumena - We've had our differences, and things can sometimes get a little heated. That he was able to put this aside in his assessment speaks volumes - that is, coming from a true ideological opponent.
4. Darkkermit - We disagree but I see where you're coming from. Non-dogmatic, reasonable person.
5. PCP - There's a lot I could learn from what. What denomination are you? I take it you're a liberal protestant?
6. Logic_on_rails - Killer chess player and intimidatingly smart for someone of his age.
7. Kinesis - Another reasonable person, I like how we tend to discuss rather than debate.
8. Danielle - Despite the fact that we agree on somethings I do sometimes feel we see the world from very different angles. I felt compelled to put you on here due to a kind of mutual, intellectual respect. We'll have to debate sometime. I'd like to have a beer with you.
9. WW - Another rarer, underrated user.
10. Stephen_Hawkings - I sometimes see a younger version of myself of you. Sharp user who can certainly defend his views. Keep going - you have serious potential.

Being smart doesn't automatically earn you my respect.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:40:42 PM
1. RoyLatham
2. Danielle
3. popculturepooka
4. f-16
5. j.kenyon
6. darkkermit
7. bluesteel
8. maikuru
9. kleptin
10. krfournier

I could name many, many more and after the first 2 (who I think are the most valuable members of the site) the order is pretty meaningless.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:42:59 PM
At 2/1/2013 3:35:16 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
This isn't comprehensive, just because you're not on the list doesn't mean I don't respect you.

1. Sidewalker - Underrated, older user. Where have you been?
2. Wnope - I've always wondered what this person's education was because he was a deep knowledge of neuroscience. Definitely someone whose posts should be read.
3. Noumena - We've had our differences, and things can sometimes get a little heated. That he was able to put this aside in his assessment speaks volumes - that is, coming from a true ideological opponent.
4. Darkkermit - We disagree but I see where you're coming from. Non-dogmatic, reasonable person.
5. PCP - There's a lot I could learn from what. What denomination are you? I take it you're a liberal protestant?
6. Logic_on_rails - Killer chess player and intimidatingly smart for someone of his age.
7. Kinesis - Another reasonable person, I like how we tend to discuss rather than debate.
8. Danielle - Despite the fact that we agree on somethings I do sometimes feel we see the world from very different angles. I felt compelled to put you on here due to a kind of mutual, intellectual respect. We'll have to debate sometime. I'd like to have a beer with you.
9. WW - Another rarer, underrated user.
10. Stephen_Hawkings - I sometimes see a younger version of myself of you. Sharp user who can certainly defend his views. Keep going - you have serious potential.

Being smart doesn't automatically earn you my respect.

I'll be honest, when I saw this I thought "Why am I clicking on this? I know I'm not going to be up there...

This made my day :D
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:44:17 PM
Um, I don't know why anybody is bothering to say "If you didn't make it, it doesn't mean I don't respect you". It's not like you're making anybody feel better if they're upset about this. It didn't make me feel any better when Harvard sent me a form letter telling me that my application was strong but that I still was getting rejected. If anything, it's just a way of making you feel better because you think you're reducing the impact on people who are upset.

Sorry, just a pet peeve. I'd understand the social custom if it actually made people feel better, but it doesn't.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:45:41 PM
At 2/1/2013 3:44:17 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Um, I don't know why anybody is bothering to say "If you didn't make it, it doesn't mean I don't respect you". It's not like you're making anybody feel better if they're upset about this. It didn't make me feel any better when Harvard sent me a form letter telling me that my application was strong but that I still was getting rejected. If anything, it's just a way of making you feel better because you think you're reducing the impact on people who are upset.

Sorry, just a pet peeve. I'd understand the social custom if it actually made people feel better, but it doesn't.

My actual list would contain about 40-50 members though. :/ You guys are a a smart bunch, on the whole.
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:48:40 PM

I respect you for this.

*waves to the site at large, who will never mention me*

Love y'all anyway.

Peace out.

*walks out*
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:48:44 PM
At 2/1/2013 3:45:41 PM, Kinesis wrote:

My actual list would contain about 40-50 members though. :/ You guys are a a smart bunch, on the whole.

Also, a lot of the people on my list were just people I remembered at the time. I would probably have a different list if I came up with it again tomorrow.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:50:40 PM
@Kinesis, I get what you're saying, but why not include all of the people? Why say that you respect people who aren't on the list? Are the people on the list going to care? Nope. They're just going to know that they weren't on your list. You could have just made your top ten list and have been done with it. That's what I did.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:51:21 PM

Did I really upset you by excluding you? You didn't put me on your list.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:53:38 PM
At 2/1/2013 3:45:41 PM, Kinesis wrote:

Same.
Tsar of DDO
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:55:41 PM
At 2/1/2013 3:50:40 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
@Kinesis, I get what you're saying, but why not include all of the people? Why say that you respect people who aren't on the list? Are the people on the list going to care? Nope. They're just going to know that they weren't on your list. You could have just made your top ten list and have been done with it. That's what I did.

royal, it's cool. You're totally on my complete list. :D I just can't be bothered to think of every single person. 10 is a good simple number.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:57:23 PM
haha this above convo is why I'm not going to make a list. I couldn't do it anyway. There are too many.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.