Jump to topic:

Can someone identify this?

Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 1:13:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Can anyone identify this book?: It is science fiction and set, I think, a few hundred years in the future, where humans have nanotechnology and can control the environment around them (get rid of dust in their vicinity; don't have to go to the bathroom, etc). I've only read a small portion of it, but a character recalls a kind of trial that people go through at a certain age when they spend a winter out in the wilderness (living in log cabins), without the luxury of nanotechnology. However, a fire destroys the log cabins, and they have to survive until spring arrives, fighting off a bear at one point. That isn't the plot, though, just a little subplot in a flashback. Does anyone recall anything like this?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 4:34:08 PM
Take away the nanotechnology and it sounds like life used to be 200 years ago.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 10:06:44 PM
At 2/24/2013 4:34:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
Take away the nanotechnology and it sounds like life used to be 200 years ago.

It was a trial. They live in an advanced world.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."