Jump to topic:

Help... trying to find the # of evicitions

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 3:47:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I have tried for a few hours now, so I was wondering if anyone could find a legitimate source, even though I would settle for any source at this point.

I am trying to find out how many evictions (not foreclosures) have occurred in Minnesota over the last few years (specifically 2008-2012). I would settle for any single yearly figure. Every search I try yields defenses to evictions, renters rights, and mostly how/where to evict someone.

This is not for school or DDO, just my own research for personal use, and the only venue I have left is to call the government, but they are generally not good at answering any question I ask them (both the SEC and NLRB have failed miserably in separate unrelated queries). Or, call the courthouse and extrapolate data, but I would prefer an actual figure over my estimation, and not waiting about a month to have an answer.

Perhaps others are better at online research or have better leads/contacts, and I am grateful if anyone can aid me, and to any who try.

Thank you.
My work here is, finally, done.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 1:37:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/1/2013 3:47:25 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I have tried for a few hours now, so I was wondering if anyone could find a legitimate source, even though I would settle for any source at this point.

I am trying to find out how many evictions (not foreclosures) have occurred in Minnesota over the last few years (specifically 2008-2012). I would settle for any single yearly figure. Every search I try yields defenses to evictions, renters rights, and mostly how/where to evict someone.

This is not for school or DDO, just my own research for personal use, and the only venue I have left is to call the government, but they are generally not good at answering any question I ask them (both the SEC and NLRB have failed miserably in separate unrelated queries). Or, call the courthouse and extrapolate data, but I would prefer an actual figure over my estimation, and not waiting about a month to have an answer.

Perhaps others are better at online research or have better leads/contacts, and I am grateful if anyone can aid me, and to any who try.

Thank you.

I highly doubt you cold find it on private websites. I'm not from the USA, but in Australia, police cannot publish statistics online, that has to be done by the Bureau of statistics, which is a government funded institution. You should be able to exercise your right to freedom of information to freely request any information from your government, but they will probably have a website that they will tell you to go to which will have all the information you are looking for.

Not entire sure how things run in the USA, so sorry if my advice proves useless.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...