Jump to topic:

emo

ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 11:39:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
is it unhealthy for me to slit my wrists 30 times a day??? for me to not care what people think of me please do not bring religion into this
-keith-
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 11:43:51 AM
The blood loss and risk of infection probably aren't good for you.
If you like slitting your wrists more than you wouldn't like the potential drawbacks then go right ahead.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 11:50:54 AM
Yes, it is unhealthy. I'm sure you didn't need to create a thread for that simple inquiry -- just more attention, like with your satanist campaign.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 11:51:24 AM
At 3/7/2013 11:43:51 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
If you like slitting your wrists more than you wouldn't like the potential drawbacks then go right ahead.

i am attracted to pain i dont know what it is about it but after i finish cutting i immediately pour peroxide into the cuts so i guess that is technically sterilizing
-keith-
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:02:46 PM
At 3/7/2013 11:50:54 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
Yes, it is unhealthy. I'm sure you didn't need to create a thread for that simple inquiry -- just more attention, like with your satanist campaign.

i dont want attention i just wanted an arguement for the satanist forum post this one i actually need help with
-keith-
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:03:12 PM
At 3/7/2013 11:39:18 AM, ockcatdaddy wrote:
is it unhealthy for me to slit my wrists 30 times a day??? for me to not care what people think of me please do not bring religion into this

Try a powerful tens unit - as far away from your brain as possible. I would guess this would be healthier, but don't take my word for it; I'm no expert. Consult your physician.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:04:45 PM
At 3/7/2013 11:43:51 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

also in ancient indian cultures it was believed that "blood letting" was good hence why they had leeches suck some of their blood. this was because they thought that the leeches sucked out the bad blood
-keith-
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:06:06 PM
At 3/7/2013 12:03:12 PM, vbaculum wrote:

Try a powerful tens unit - as far away from your brain as possible. I would guess this would be healthier, but don't take my word for it; I'm no expert. Consult your physician.

what is a powerful tens unit??? and what good wiould that do i want to bleed your method sounds like electrecuting
-keith-
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:06:06 PM
At 3/7/2013 12:02:46 PM, ockcatdaddy wrote:

i dont want attention i just wanted an arguement for the satanist forum post this one i actually need help with

Don't do it. It's immoral and unhealthy. Good luck.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:06:40 PM
At 3/7/2013 12:06:06 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

its not that simple its my strongest addiction
-keith-
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:08:08 PM
At 3/7/2013 12:06:40 PM, ockcatdaddy wrote:

I'm not sure how to help you. I suppose you can become Catholic and go to Confession. That always works for me.
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:15:16 PM
At 3/7/2013 12:06:06 PM, ockcatdaddy wrote:

what is a powerful tens unit??? and what good wiould that do i want to bleed your method sounds like electrecuting

It is electrocution, but you pointed out that you like pain.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:19:56 PM
At 3/7/2013 12:08:08 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

I'm not sure how to help you. I suppose you can become Catholic and go to Confession. That always works for me.

Plus you get to drink wine and pretend it's blood (not sure if you have a pain or blood fetish, now).

I think, for this person, the solution would be to find a cult that makes you slit your rists, pour your blood into a glass, and drink it. Maybe that's where the Satanism comes in (haven't read that thread). I think this would satisfy his fetish better.

Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:24:56 PM
At 3/7/2013 12:19:56 PM, vbaculum wrote:

Plus you get to drink wine and pretend it's blood (not sure if you have a pain or blood fetish, now).

I'll just take this as a joke instead of defending Catholicism against ye heretics in derailing this thread.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:30:35 PM
Cognitive-behavioral therapy. Your habit is objectively destructive, this isn't just a preference for rich cakes.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:40:54 PM
At 3/7/2013 12:24:56 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

I'll just take this as a joke instead of defending Catholicism against ye heretics in derailing this thread.

That would be a good debate: Satanism is healthier (mentally and physically) than Catholisism.

ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 11:39:50 AM
At 3/7/2013 12:15:16 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 3/7/2013 12:06:06 PM, ockcatdaddy wrote:

It is electrocution, but you pointed out that you like pain.

i do like pain as a matter of fact i love pain
-keith-
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 11:41:16 AM

I think, for this person, the solution would be to find a cult that makes you slit your rists, pour your blood into a glass, and drink it. Maybe that's where the Satanism comes in (haven't read that thread). I think this would satisfy his fetish better.

woah there i just like to bleed not drink my own (or others for that matter) blood i just like pain... plain and simple
-keith-
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 11:57:51 AM
This reeks of trolling, but you never know. So I'm going to assume you're serious and risk being fooled rather than the feeling guilty if this were true and I trolled back.

It is unhealthy. You know that. You didn't need to ask this question to know that. You're mutilating your body, risking infection, risking hitting an artery, and what not. It is risky. You know that.

You say you like pain. If you want to address this, go deeper. Why do you like pain? Does it make you forget about something? Are you stressed out? The cause is definitely psychological. If you can afford it, go to a psychologist. If you can't, try meditation. Yoga. The journey would start from within, you've to WANT to heal. Start exercising. Your aim should be to get rid of the 'wanting pain' feeling.

There's no religion in this. Forget God. This is your body, and you can't have anything/ anyone forcing you to hurt yourself.
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 12:05:52 PM
At 3/11/2013 11:57:51 AM, Cermank wrote:
This reeks of trolling, but you never know. So I'm going to assume you're serious and risk being fooled rather than the feeling guilty if this were true and I trolled back.

It is unhealthy. You know that. You didn't need to ask this question to know that. You're mutilating your body, risking infection, risking hitting an artery, and what not. It is risky. You know that.

You say you like pain. If you want to address this, go deeper. Why do you like pain? Does it make you forget about something? Are you stressed out? The cause is definitely psychological. If you can afford it, go to a psychologist. If you can't, try meditation. Yoga. The journey would start from within, you've to WANT to heal. Start exercising. Your aim should be to get rid of the 'wanting pain' feeling.

There's no religion in this. Forget God. This is your body, and you can't have anything/ anyone forcing you to hurt yourself.

this is my rap battle if you actually read this i delve into my problems a little bit...but its just the icing on the cak,for say. http://www.debate.org...
-keith-
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 12:19:28 PM
At 3/11/2013 12:05:52 PM, ockcatdaddy wrote:

this is my rap battle if you actually read this i delve into my problems a little bit...but its just the icing on the cak,for say. http://www.debate.org...

I get it man. I do, seriously. You've been dealt with bad cards. But you still have your life in front of you. You're 17?

You need to accept that you're responsible for your life. That is the first step. No one can help you if you give up. One thing about cutters is that we feel we are 'showing' the world and establishing their hegemony by 'conquering' pain. They're not. You're not. Get out, stand up, and live.

In fact, get out. Once. All alone. Revel that solidarity. Take baby steps and start by being comfortable in your skin. It'll go a long way, trust me. Accept yourself, with your flaws and everything and go from there.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 12:20:11 PM
At 3/11/2013 12:19:28 PM, Cermank wrote:

I get it man. I do, seriously. You've been dealt with bad cards. But you still have your life in front of you. You're 17?

You need to accept that you're responsible for your life. That is the first step. No one can help you if you give up. One thing about cutters is that they feel they are 'showing' the world and establishing their hegemony by 'conquering' pain. They're not. You're not. Get out, stand up, and live.

In fact, get out. Once. All alone. Revel that solidarity. Take baby steps and start by being comfortable in your skin. It'll go a long way, trust me. Accept yourself, with your flaws and everything and go from there.

fixed
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 12:22:38 PM

No. It's actually good for you.

#Sarcasm
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 9:03:43 AM
At 3/11/2013 12:20:11 PM, Cermank wrote:

You need to accept that you're responsible for your life. That is the first step. No one can help you if you give up. One thing about cutters is that they feel they are 'showing' the world and establishing their hegemony by 'conquering' pain. They're not. You're not. Get out, stand up, and live.

fixed

i get out a lot and i'm ctual quite social i'm considered popular in my school. i just don't lik being the popular kid in life and i know many people would love to be inn my position but it is actually quite a drag sure being popular has its benefits but it causes more stress always trying to maintain this "image" that others see you as its all too much stress its hardto take in. I've tried everything...tae bo, yoga, karate, breathing exercises, aromatic candles, stress balls, chinese medicine balls adns which turned out bad because they told everyone else
-keith-
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:59:47 AM
At 3/12/2013 9:03:43 AM, ockcatdaddy wrote:
At 3/11/2013 12:20:11 PM, Cermank wrote:

fixed

i get out a lot and i'm ctual quite social i'm considered popular in my school. i just don't lik being the popular kid in life and i know many people would love to be inn my position but it is actually quite a drag sure being popular has its benefits but it causes more stress always trying to maintain this "image" that others see you as its all too much stress its hardto take in. I've tried everything...tae bo, yoga, karate, breathing exercises, aromatic candles, stress balls, chinese medicine balls adns which turned out bad because they told everyone else

Start by being comfortable in your own skin. It doesn't matter what they say or think. Your life your rules.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 5:35:59 AM

Albert " The Werewolf" Fish would get off by sticking long metal needles into the flesh of his buttocks, abdomen, and groin. He would also insert gasoline soaked wool into his anus then light it on fire. You could give these things a go if you really like pain.

If not, then its not the pain you like, but the transfer of pain. Your body can only process the pain from one region at a time, and sometimes one type of pain is better then another. One of the reasons alot of people start cutting, is because it kills emotional pain. Another is that they want someone to notice. People who cut the wrist and arm are doing it for show, while people who do it for the cutting itself usually do it on the thigh because it is easy to hide. They don't want to stop, so they hide it. While those that cut the wrist and arm want someone to notice, so they try and make sure it is noticable.

These are by no means absolutes.

There is also the chance that you are an attention seeking troll, but who knows.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
ockcatdaddy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 9:17:07 AM
At 3/13/2013 5:35:59 AM, muzebreak wrote:

Albert " The Werewolf" Fish would get off by sticking long metal needles into the flesh of his buttocks, abdomen, and groin. He would also insert gasoline soaked wool into his anus then light it on fire. You could give these things a go if you really like pain.

If not, then its not the pain you like, but the transfer of pain. Your body can only process the pain from one region at a time, and sometimes one type of pain is better then another. One of the reasons alot of people start cutting, is because it kills emotional pain. Another is that they want someone to notice. People who cut the wrist and arm are doing it for show, while people who do it for the cutting itself usually do it on the thigh because it is easy to hide. They don't want to stop, so they hide it. While those that cut the wrist and arm want someone to notice, so they try and make sure it is noticable.

There is also the chance that you are an attention seeking troll, but who knows.

i barely slit my wrists when compared to my stomach and my chest that is about 50 times per region/day
so its not really the attention thing
-keith-
Sola.Gratia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 5:37:37 PM

I'll answer your questions with questions.

Is it healthy for someone to kill themselves slowly everyday?...
Is it good for smokers to smoke knowing that its possible to get lung cancer? is it healthy for someone to drink 24/7 all year around knowing that is may cause liver damage in the near future? Is it good for someone to stop eating because they can't handle their situations well knowing they could starve from hunger? Is it smart to punch holes in the walls knowing you can break your fingers or hands?
Should we care if what we're doing may possibly hurt the others around us because of our self-destruction? What if we knew someone else dealing with the same problems as us, wouldn't we want to help them stop or let them know that it pains us to see them do those things to them?

What good does giving up do for you my friend? If you don't care what others think ad what not, then that's pretty selfish. Your not just hurting yourself your hurting everyone else with you too. Whether you think so or not.

Hope this answers your questions.
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 5:40:01 PM
At 3/13/2013 9:17:07 AM, ockcatdaddy wrote:
At 3/13/2013 5:35:59 AM, muzebreak wrote:

i barely slit my wrists when compared to my stomach and my chest that is about 50 times per region/day
so its not really the attention thing

Troll. Ignored.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.