Jump to topic:

Asking out a girl

Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 9:41:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
There's this girl in my college that I'm not too sure about.

It started my freshman year. We were both in the same classes given we were the same major. She decided to approach me and we immediately became friends. Then during the end of the year banquet, (the theme was a Sadie Hawkins banquet) she asked me to go with her, which I obviously said yes.

We became closer friends as sophomore and half of my junior year passed by. Then all of a sudden I realized she has been getting closer to me. She wants me to walk with her everywhere, we have been hugging more than the average friends and went on a few dates; movies, concerts and such. (These dates weren't really official, we just both kind of agreed to go) Then just the other day I started having thoughts about her in a relationship with me.

Should I ask her to be in a relationship with me. She's one of my best friends and I don't want to lose her. Am I in the friend zone? And if I should ask her out, how do I move from friends to lovers.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 2:52:59 PM
At 3/9/2013 1:24:18 PM, Jordan56 wrote:
At 3/9/2013 1:05:46 PM, Mirza wrote:
How about NOT asking her out.

You just blew my mind.

Lol

The best advice I give to people in this kind of situation, is to go for it. From what it sounds like you havent been friend zoned. Cause you didnt mention it, I'll assume that the entire time y'all have been skirting around the elephant in tbe room, she hasnt been in a relationship with someone else. If not, well buddy, thats because she's got her saddle ready for you and is wanting to take you for a ride ;)

But no joke, go for it. Y'all have what it sounds like, the foundation for a strong and lasting relationship given y'all have been close friends for quite awhile. A strong friendship is a key to any successful relationship ya kno ;)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 2:55:48 PM
In the end, the decisions we usually regret most are the chances we dont take. Go for it unless you have compelling evidence that she wouldn't be interested.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 9:07:44 PM
At 3/9/2013 9:41:13 AM, Jordan56 wrote:

It started my freshman year. We were both in the same classes given we were the same major. She decided to approach me and we immediately became friends. Then during the end of the year banquet, (the theme was a Sadie Hawkins banquet) she asked me to go with her, which I obviously said yes.

We became closer friends as sophomore and half of my junior year passed by. Then all of a sudden I realized she has been getting closer to me. She wants me to walk with her everywhere, we have been hugging more than the average friends and went on a few dates; movies, concerts and such. (These dates weren't really official, we just both kind of agreed to go) Then just the other day I started having thoughts about her in a relationship with me.

Should I ask her to be in a relationship with me. She's one of my best friends and I don't want to lose her. Am I in the friend zone? And if I should ask her out, how do I move from friends to lovers.

I suggest you watch the movie "When Harry Meet Sally" It is as real as it gets when it comes to men and women and being friends.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 10:16:56 PM
One must seek out johnnyboy for expert opinions on this. I took his advice and I got two girls after me.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 10:50:15 PM
You don't really have anything to lose. I doubt that she'll stop being friends with you if she turns you down...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 11:06:02 PM
At 3/9/2013 9:41:13 AM, Jordan56 wrote:

Go for it dude, its a definite yes and she clearly wants it since shes dropping hints left and right. (hugs, dates, always wants to be with you)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Lizard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 11:25:13 PM
Take it from me, turn your skin orange and aggressively bob your head up and down and she wont be able to resist you.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 11:54:16 PM
The fact that you want to ask her out is reason enough for why you should. You've got a pretty flimsy friendship if something like that would cause you to lose her. If you DON'T ask her out, you're going to spend the rest of your life wondering "What if?" Life is too short to be timid about these things, miss opportunities, and end up with a lot of regrets. Go for it. She could be the one, and you can't know unless you try.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 11:56:47 PM
At 3/9/2013 10:16:56 PM, lannan13 wrote:
One must seek out johnnyboy for expert opinions on this. I took his advice and I got two girls after me.

Ignore them and treat them like dirt? It really never fails.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 12:14:05 AM
Thanks for all the advice. I think I'm going to go for it. If she says no, the worse that can happen is we will have a very awkward senior year and i'll never have to see her after that.

Now, I know I may be looking a little far ahead but how do we move from friends to lovers. I can't imagine doing anything romantic with her such as kissing and cuddling because I see her more as a friend. How do I get past this level to a more intimate stage.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 12:15:11 AM
At 3/10/2013 12:14:05 AM, Jordan56 wrote:
Now, I know I may be looking a little far ahead but how do we move from friends to lovers. I can't imagine doing anything romantic with her such as kissing and cuddling because I see her more as a friend. How do I get past this level to a more intimate stage.

Alcohol--the universal social lubricant.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 12:17:00 AM
You can either have some drinks and the awkwardness goes away, or just power through the awkwardness. Both are effective, the latter is better for a girl you really like.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 12:19:52 AM
Also, it might sound corny, but you can really tell how you feel about a girl when you kiss. Dumb as it sounds.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 12:25:30 AM
At 3/10/2013 12:19:52 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Also, it might sound corny, but you can really tell how you feel about a girl when you kiss. Dumb as it sounds.

You can also tell how you feel about a girl when she starts dating another guy. But that's the hard way.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 12:28:11 AM
From what it sounds like, if I didn't know any better, I'd says you WERE dating.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 12:30:44 AM
At 3/10/2013 12:28:11 AM, OberHerr wrote:
From what it sounds like, if I didn't know any better, I'd says you WERE dating.

A friend of mine calls that "stealth dating."

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 12:36:29 AM
At 3/10/2013 12:25:30 AM, philochristos wrote:

You can also tell how you feel about a girl when she starts dating another guy. But that's the hard way.

They do like to play mind games, girl from high school who's engaged recently told me she still loved me. What are you supposed to say to that? Hah They can be pretty manipulative when they want to.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 12:37:06 AM

Minus the good parts hah

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 12:47:20 AM
At 3/10/2013 12:36:29 AM, lewis20 wrote:
They do like to play mind games, girl from high school who's engaged recently told me she still loved me.

Her poor fiance! That's so sad.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 12:49:00 AM

They do like to play mind games, girl from high school who's engaged recently told me she still loved me. What are you supposed to say to that? Hah They can be pretty manipulative when they want to.

That's called a insurance plan right there. Just in case.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 12:49:33 AM
At 3/10/2013 12:37:06 AM, lewis20 wrote:

Minus the good parts hah

Well, if there's friends with benefits, there might as well be boyfriend/girlfriends without benefits. I mean isn't that basically what long distance relationships are?

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 1:14:31 AM
At 3/10/2013 12:47:20 AM, philochristos wrote:
They do like to play mind games, girl from high school who's engaged recently told me she still loved me.

Her poor fiance! That's so sad.

...and he's deployed to Afghanistan...

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 1:18:28 AM
At 3/10/2013 12:49:00 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Not really, she knew I didn't feel the same so she was really taking a big risk.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 1:19:42 AM
At 3/10/2013 12:49:33 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 3/10/2013 12:37:06 AM, lewis20 wrote:

Minus the good parts hah

Well, if there's friends with benefits, there might as well be boyfriend/girlfriends without benefits. I mean isn't that basically what long distance relationships are?

I can't really speak to a long distance relationship, though I doubt you would get sick of eachother. That'd be a plus.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 1:19:55 AM
At 3/10/2013 1:18:28 AM, lewis20 wrote:

Not really, she knew I didn't feel the same so she was really taking a big risk.

She knew you didn't feel the same way right NOW....

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 1:24:31 AM

She obviously doesnt realize that Love isnt something you can just check yourself out of. It doesnt stop, it doesnt go away. You love someone, its permanent. Like a branding on your mental state.

If you ever stop "loving"(quotations are important) someone, then you never loved them in the first place.

She needs to get a reality check and understand that just because you love someone, doesnt mean its worth a second go-around
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 1:24:34 AM
At 3/10/2013 1:19:55 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 3/10/2013 1:18:28 AM, lewis20 wrote:

She knew you didn't feel the same way right NOW....

Ha she's known for a good 5 or 6 years