FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 5:04:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
For my 18,000th post, I offer to my beloved citizens:

Airmax
You have done an amazing job as president and it's been an honor to be so up close and involved with your administration. I'm very happy I threw my lot in with you. Your constant sensibilities, dedication and spirit of balance has made an unmistakable impression of good to this site.

F-16
You have shown continuing commitment to the quality of the site that deserves to be recognized. You've done good work helping the administration and I quite like your Politifact debate, representing what a real quality debate looks like.

Charleslb
Few here can match the evidence of dedication you show for your cause. You show no signs of exhaustion in the efforts of spreading your ideals. You are nothing short of a mental athlete and you have continued you perseverance despite continuous undeserved dis-appreciation .

Oryus:
There are few here who can really exude unadulterated class like you do. Many of DDO have made the unfortunate circumstance for themselves of scaring off any hopeful female members. But you've braved through the storm to come out as an indispensable member. You've played an important role in the administration and you have shown the aptitude for trust. I can easily see you as a future DDO president.

Geo
You define the fearless warrior of the forsaken opinion. You are unphased in the constant face of emotional backlash against the irregularity of your ideas. Outspoken and defiant of the status quo. Few personalities here are as recognizable. You are an indispensable part of our community; a voice that must be heard.

Darkkermit
Another must-needed voice of the community; the moderate Libertarian. Too often, reason is drowned out by fanaticism. You bring sensible arguments to a stage that needs them. When I think of reasonable Libertarians, I think of you. And then I think of Kermit the frog holding an AK47.

Imabench
One of the most defining and recognizable personalities on DDO. Witty, comical and engaged. Few things will go down in the culture of DDO history as more memorable than the Weekly Stupid. It has injected more life into the idea of our community, bringing it a feel of being closer to home and more involved with our lives. Much the same feeling as anyone gets when involved in an actual TV show.

thett
Absolutely my favorite Christian voice here. Your theology is unique and interesting and you never come close to boring or bigoted.

Chicken
I remember when I first saw you in the forums. I knew there was promise. You're good to everyone, funny and free-spirited, with a flawless win record to boot. You have become highly favorable in the eyes of my empire, as perhaps the most dedicated subject.

OMGJustinBieber
Everyone thought you were just a troll when you first arrived, due to the name. But you soon came out swinging and shocked us all with reasonable prose, becoming a respectable and needed voice for moderation in a sea of crazy radicals.

royalpaladin
Another member who has come under loads of undeserved hostility, while persevering through and continuing on to make countless valuable contributions. Being the single largest post contributor, it's fair to say you're one of the most defining members of the site, making it into what it is. And I don't play mafia but I am constantly hearing about how you're the best player there is.

RyuuKyuzo
A much needed voice of the Taoist perspective, for which you are always articulate. I've never seen you make a snide remark against anyone. Your personality is admirable.

R0b1Billion
Someone from the old days who pops back up everyone once awhile and who I'd hope would just stay. I always enjoy the remarks of your drug-burnt brain. And I'll always picture you as a delicious dish of lasagna.

Koopin
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are THE most definable personality of DDO. The site can go on without it's emperor but it could never survive without it's KFC. You have left an irreversible mark in defining DDO culture.

The_Fool
I find all of your posts thoroughly enjoyable. Few can maintain such originality so consistently.

brian_eggleston
A classic face of DDO. You have soooo much debate experience. Second only to Danielle. Your unrepentant defense of Government is a perspective sorely needed amongst us.

Wnope
I immediately saw your potential when you entered the forums. Calmly collected, rational and sensible. DDO will forever be in debt to you for giving us a 1millionth post that was wasn't spam and, in-fact, rather iconic of our community. I hold it in my signature right now.

000ike
You are the embodiment of Liberalism in our forums. A fearless and passionate defender of your views. Easily recognizable. You inject necessary fuel into conversation.

Mirza
The representative of Islam to DDO, an absolutely necessary personality. You defy all common stereotypes and provide civil and reasonable discussion. Your conservatism combined with your love for Denmark gives a further unique perspective.

Innomen
We could have never asked for a better first president. Your initial relationship with Juggle was crucial to the future of it's healthy development. Your invention of the trial system was indispensable. You are renowned for your gentle and reasonable demeanor.

bossyburrito
When DDO often becomes lost in argument, it's always good to take a break and see your light-hearted posts, actualizing the value in goofing off.

tvellalott
An important contributor to DDO. Your commitment shown in paying to create the initial wiki for out community, with it's own domain name. You're an admirable figure as a young person like most of us but with life experience, especially of becoming a father. I have no doubt that your girl has it good, with you there for her.

CodyFranklin
You know; I know. This is nothing short of a bromance. It unfolds like a story. My initial hilarious out-lash against you when I first joined. I've grown an incredible amount here and I think you've played an important role in that. Our lengthy discussions on Nihilism were a game changer for me. It gave me a push down the slippery slope. Even if a DDO party never happens, we're definitely keeping in touch. There are few personalities whom I have directly encountered where I find so much compliment with my own.

Wallstreetatheist
Another good friend. Everyone can see your potential for success. I often become bored with Libertarians but your open-minded spirit makes it thoroughly more enjoyable.

Danielle
You have truly come to define this site more than anyone else. More debates than anyone else, with an astounding win ratio. And one of the highest post counts around. Your attitude is unmistakable. Your stonerdom is top rate. This site would be missing something profound with you.

Ragnar
An absolutely identifiable persona. Your commitment to principle is admirable and demands recognition. I'm sure that's all you ask for.

SocialPinko
Yes, that's what I'm always going to call you. I don't care. The way that you've changed and gone back n' forth on your views is something I have a personal connection with and I admire. Your perspective is original and your contributions to the site are valuable.

OreEle
Your contributions are indispensable. Your maintenance of the political compass and other stats is an important part of DDO culture. You are a needed voice for your place in the spectrum. Another member I'm sure is an amazing father.

And that's all 8,000 characte
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 5:12:14 AM
To everyone else I didn't include, I want you to know it's not because I didn't have anything to say. I just ran out of space and energy. There are so many others. I love you all so much. There's really not a single person here I have any bad feelings toward. I can really say you're an important part of my life. DDO has played an amazing part in shaping my ideas and I owe so much to all of you. *muah, muah*

Now, I'd like to give one last cheer.

Juggle
Thank you Juggle. Thank you Juggle team. Thank you Chrum and Nate. Thank you everyone involved. All of your hard work and user participation is absolutely appreciated and has certainly served to make this site into a better user experience. I'm really looking forward to the continued relationship between your community and ours. I consider them the same. You guys are a part of us.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 11:38:56 AM
This was touching, and it will be my first "favourited" thread.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 12:18:05 PM
At 3/11/2013 11:38:56 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
This was touching, and it will be my first "favourited" thread.

I just realized I had 1,830 of those.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 12:35:22 PM
*makes a serious thread criticizing race realism*

"When DDO often becomes lost in argument, it's always good to take a break and see your light-hearted posts, actualizing the value in goofing off."

*cries*
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 12:37:45 PM
Also, I don't know anyone who doesn't still call Spinko Spinko.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 3:40:19 PM
Aw, what a sweetheart you are. I'll have to make a similar thread when I reach a post count of epic proportions.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 7:01:09 PM
At 3/11/2013 12:35:22 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

"When DDO often becomes lost in argument, it's always good to take a break and see your light-hearted posts, actualizing the value in goofing off."

*cries*

You are a burrito. You cannot cry.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 7:03:15 PM
At 3/11/2013 7:01:09 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/11/2013 12:35:22 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

*cries*

You are a burrito. You cannot cry.
Good point.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 7:05:33 PM
At 3/11/2013 3:40:19 PM, Oryus wrote:
Aw, what a sweetheart you are. I'll have to make a similar thread when I reach a post count of epic proportions.

10K, only 3600 more posts to go :D
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 7:06:54 PM
Thanks for the kind words Freedo.

The site wouldn't be the same without you. Thank you for your dedication to the site, all the work you have done and will do, and all of your contributions that make this site that much better.

Keep on doin' what you do.

Cheers.
Debate.org Moderator
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 7:09:23 PM
"And then I think of Kermit the frog holding an AK47."

lol ditto.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 10:54:47 PM
That was glorious. I hereby bestow you a "Grape Job!" sticker for your post. It's a shame kindness on DDO isn't as popular as ridiculousness or vitriol.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 6:13:35 AM
At 3/11/2013 5:04:42 AM, FREEDO wrote:
royalpaladin
Another member who has come under loads of undeserved hostility, while persevering through and continuing on to make countless valuable contributions. Being the single largest post contributor, it's fair to say you're one of the most defining members of the site, making it into what it is. And I don't play mafia but I am constantly hearing about how you're the best player there is.

FREEDO, you may normally be insane in a good way, but this is too far.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 8:44:52 AM
Lol "drug-burnt brain." Kind of how I feel after this weekend.

I don't think I will ever completely leave DDO alone, but probably the main reason I fail to post much is that I am overwhelmed by verbosity in the forums. My time is precious and I am only interested in reading/responding to posts that are succinct. There was a time that I approached huge walls of text with rigorous rebuttals, but years of doing this has shown me that it is simply a waste of time. Too much meaning is lost in the inefficiency presented by semantics and rhetoric, and if you can't say what you mean in a few sentences then you are not ready to communicate your ideas, IMO.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 4:32:17 PM
At 3/19/2013 1:18:31 AM, Smithereens wrote:
you forgot to mention yourself, like the real Freedo would've done.

You forget that this is just a vacuum for of getting praise from everyone else for being so nice.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 7:13:03 PM
=(

nac
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 8:04:27 PM
At 3/19/2013 4:32:17 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/19/2013 1:18:31 AM, Smithereens wrote:
you forgot to mention yourself, like the real Freedo would've done.

You forget that this is just a vacuum for of getting praise from everyone else for being so nice.

Flattery is good, but it can only get you so far in life. :)
:
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 8:23:27 PM
At 3/19/2013 1:19:06 AM, Smithereens wrote:
and just outta curiosity, what does THC stand for?

Wut...The... FUUUUU

TETRO-HYRDO-CANNABINOL...

WTF.. I'm shocked, honestly
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 8:27:31 PM
At 3/19/2013 1:19:06 AM, Smithereens wrote:
and just outta curiosity, what does THC stand for?

Tetra hydra cannabinol. The main chemical compound in marijuana. There is also cbd, which is really good for epilepsy and other illnesses, and a few hundred other chemicals.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.