Jump to topic:

House of Cards.

XDToasty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 3:29:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I recently started watching the show. I'm on the 7th episode so far. for those who don't know about the show , it's a political thriller show on Netflix. In this show is a very interesting Character called Peter Russo I believe. He starts off as a representative in the House of Reps. He drinks , does multiple drugs and buys a lot of hookers lol. He later becomes a governor. I wonder......are any of our current politicians like that? what do you guys think about the show and about my question?
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 4:02:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/18/2013 3:29:17 PM, XDToasty wrote:
I recently started watching the show. I'm on the 7th episode so far. for those who don't know about the show , it's a political thriller show on Netflix. In this show is a very interesting Character called Peter Russo I believe. He starts off as a representative in the House of Reps. He drinks , does multiple drugs and buys a lot of hookers lol. He later becomes a governor. I wonder......are any of our current politicians like that? what do you guys think about the show and about my question?

In answer to your question, I think the answer is an obvious yes. That would be because a career in politics attracts three types of people; those who want power to help, those who want power to help themselves, and those who want Power. There are of course those that just find politics interesting and end up in a career in it. But politicians are, in my opinion, usually in it for the above reasons. There is also the fact that the role of a politician draws in sociopaths like moths to a flame. The only job that has more sociopaths would probably be in the corporate world.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.