~ Rush
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 3:58:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
What is this doing on DDO?
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 3:54:26 PM
At 3/27/2013 12:42:51 AM, ProudBlackWoman wrote:
I'm a proud, strong, independent BLACK woman who don't need no man. Do you need one?

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that. Maybe if you can get enough people to believe it, you'll start to believe it, too.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 4:24:02 PM
This is hardly fair, it seems this proud, black, woman...
who don't need no man...

has been banned :/

Who'dunnit?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 4:30:29 PM
At 3/27/2013 4:24:02 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
who don't need no man...

Who'dunnit?

Men.

They just have to exert their dominance everywhere.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 4:40:44 PM
who don't need no man...

Who'dunnit?

duh malcolm...
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 4:42:37 PM
who don't need no man...

Who'dunnit?

Are there any female admins? Because otherwise, she's gonna need a man to get back on.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Sola.Gratia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 6:07:25 PM
I'm a proud, strong, independent BLACK woman who don't need no man. Do you need one?

Pride is definitely a killer. And without a man, I'd be lonely and alone on this earth. Needs someone to lead, guide, direct and love me. Idk y any woman would wanna be alone or lonely? Doesn't exactly make sense..... :/

I wonder what brought you to feel and think this way??
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
Sola.Gratia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 6:08:10 PM
At 3/27/2013 4:42:37 PM, philochristos wrote:
who don't need no man...

Who'dunnit?

Are there any female admins? Because otherwise, she's gonna need a man to get back on.

What do you mean?
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 6:09:55 PM
At 3/27/2013 6:07:25 PM, Sola.Gratia wrote:

Pride is definitely a killer. And without a man, I'd be lonely and alone on this earth. Needs someone to lead, guide, direct and love me. Idk y any woman would wanna be alone or lonely? Doesn't exactly make sense..... :/

Alone =/= lonely.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 6:12:39 PM
At 3/27/2013 6:08:10 PM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
who don't need no man...

Who'dunnit?

What do you mean?

That was a joke. Her big deal is that she doesn't need a man, and I was joking that if she wants to get back on this site, but there are no female admins to let her, then she's going to need a man.

Sola.Gratia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 6:13:48 PM
At 3/27/2013 6:12:39 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 3/27/2013 6:08:10 PM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
who don't need no man...

Who'dunnit?

What do you mean?

That was a joke. Her big deal is that she doesn't need a man, and I was joking that if she wants to get back on this site, but there are no female admins to let her, then she's going to need a man.

Ohh lol I feel dumb now lol...
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 6:16:36 PM

I kind of agree with Sola Gratia's sentiment. Some people, like ProdBlackWoman apparently think needing a member of the opposite sex is a weakness. She juxtaposes her strength and independence with not needing a man as if one entails the other. But needing somebody of the opposite sex is not a weakness. It's a strength. It's what keeps the human race alive. It is quite natural for us to need each other. If we were all "strong and independent," then our species couldn't flourish.

I see no shame in needing or wanting a relationship, and I see no merit in not needing or wanting one.

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 6:28:26 PM
At 3/27/2013 6:16:36 PM, philochristos wrote:

I kind of agree with Sola Gratia's sentiment. Some people, like ProdBlackWoman apparently think needing a member of the opposite sex is a weakness. She juxtaposes her strength and independence with not needing a man as if one entails the other. But needing somebody of the opposite sex is not a weakness. It's a strength. It's what keeps the human race alive. It is quite natural for us to need each other. If we were all "strong and independent," then our species couldn't flourish.

I see no shame in needing or wanting a relationship, and I see no merit in not needing or wanting one.

You need air.

You are incomplete/ dead without it.

You would like it if there was a man/ woman in your life. But not having them does not imply an incomplete life. Priorities is what matters. Dependency isn't exactly an admirable trait.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 6:33:49 PM
At 3/27/2013 6:30:18 PM, Cermank wrote:
Basically, need =/= want.

I'm pretty sure they do in this context.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 6:40:49 PM
At 3/27/2013 6:28:26 PM, Cermank wrote:

You need air.

I doubt StrongBlackWoman was using "need" in this sense. It would be ridiculous to pride yourself on not needing something that nobody else claims they'd literally be dead without. She'd just be making a banal observation since NOBODY needs a man or woman in that sense.

Dependency isn't exactly an admirable trait.

Sure it is. We all depend on each other. We are a social species. It's what makes us strong. You probably did not build that computer yourself. Somebody else did. When you go to the grocery store, you depend on somebody else stocking the shelves. Etc.

Team work is admirable, isn't it? The way teams work is by depending on each other. So dependency is absolutely an admirable trait in some contexts. I think it's an admirable trait in the context of relationships and families.

Sola.Gratia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 6:43:05 PM

You need air.

You would like it if there was a man/ woman in your life. But not having them does not imply an incomplete life. Priorities is what matters. Dependency isn't exactly an admirable trait.

I'm single and pretty alive as I'll get, but the thought of staying alone for all my life is a tad bit dreadful.. What's wrong with that? And dependency happens everywhere.. You depend on the work you may do to get money for things you need.. You depend on others when you may be discomforted with life problems.. So is dependency really not an admirable trait to have? I see nothing wrong with it.. :)
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 6:44:06 PM
At 3/27/2013 6:33:49 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 3/27/2013 6:30:18 PM, Cermank wrote:
Basically, need =/= want.

I'm pretty sure they do in this context.

I'm pretty sure they don't.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 6:47:52 PM

Unfortunately yes. Wait, in what sense are you asking?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 6:50:25 PM
At 3/27/2013 6:40:49 PM, philochristos wrote:

You need air.

I doubt StrongBlackWoman was using "need" in this sense. It would be ridiculous to pride yourself on not needing something that nobody else claims they'd literally be dead without. She'd just be making a banal observation since NOBODY needs a man or woman in that sense.

Now this is merely anecdotal. I can literally mirror your observation and it would make an adequate case for my point. Death here metaphorical, of course.

Sure it is. We all depend on each other. We are a social species. It's what makes us strong. You probably did not build that computer yourself. Somebody else did. When you go to the grocery store, you depend on somebody else stocking the shelves. Etc.

Team work is admirable, isn't it? The way teams work is by depending on each other. So dependency is absolutely an admirable trait in some contexts. I think it's an admirable trait in the context of relationships and families.

Team work is, sure. Given that you have a team. If you don't, well, you need to have the ability to be self sustaining. You are weak of you are incomplete without your partner in the 'game' that is life.
Sola.Gratia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 6:54:07 PM
At 3/27/2013 6:50:25 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 3/27/2013 6:40:49 PM, philochristos wrote:

You need air.

Now this is merely anecdotal. I can literally mirror your observation and it would make an adequate case for my point. Death here metaphorical, of course.

Team work is, sure. Given that you have a team. If you don't, well, you need to have the ability to be self sustaining. You are weak of you are incomplete without your partner in the 'game' that is life.

So then I guess that would make me weak then because I have the desire to be with a man for life?.. That's ridiculous Foreal lol...
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 6:56:32 PM
At 3/27/2013 6:43:05 PM, Sola.Gratia wrote:

You need air.

I'm single and pretty alive as I'll get, but the thought of staying alone for all my life is a tad bit dreadful.. What's wrong with that? And dependency happens everywhere.. You depend on the work you may do to get money for things you need.. You depend on others when you may be discomforted with life problems.. So is dependency really not an admirable trait to have? I see nothing wrong with it.. :)

I'm sorry I thought you were not serious initially. Do you seriously need a man to guide you through life? To lead you and direct you? Don't you trust yourself? I mean, I could get it if you needed someone to give you company, love/ support, but why would you need a man to guide you?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 7:13:20 PM
At 3/27/2013 6:56:32 PM, Cermank wrote:
....but why would you need a man to guide you?

Perhaps it's because of this stuff?

http://www.biblegateway.com...
http://bible.cc...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Sola.Gratia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 7:14:34 PM
At 3/27/2013 6:43:05 PM, Sola.Gratia wrote:

You need air.

I'm sorry I thought you were not serious initially. Do you seriously need a man to guide you through life? To lead you and direct you? Don't you trust yourself? I mean, I could get it if you needed someone to give you company, love/ support, but why would you need a man to guide you?
Has nothing to do with not trusting myself. It's more to do with a Biblical account.. I believe that a man must lead a woman or shell be easily distracted and easily deceived.. As well as deceivers and manipulator as well.. So if I have a man that leads/ guides (is an example) then is less likely fall into those traps because I'd know that it'd be the mans responsibility to be on watch ... I seek accountability.. And in marriage that's what you get together.. It works both ways not just one way though. I of course will understand if you may not agree with me on these issues.. But this is what I believe and desire..
Sola.Gratia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 7:18:25 PM
At 3/27/2013 7:13:20 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
....but why would you need a man to guide you?

Perhaps it's because of this stuff?

http://bible.cc....

Great passages from the Bible.. ;)
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 7:27:45 PM
At 3/27/2013 7:14:34 PM, Sola.Gratia wrote:
Has nothing to do with not trusting myself.
It's more to do with a Biblical account.. I believe that a man must lead a woman or shell be easily distracted and easily deceived..

So it's not b/c You don't trust yourself... It's b/c God (or the Godly inspired writers of the Bible) don't trust you/women to do such things...

I seek accountability.. And in marriage that's what you get together.. It works both ways not just one way though.

well, The bible says that a woman is to submit to her husband like the church submits to christ...
That's pretty much what I would call a One way submission.

22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Then it goes on to say this:

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church" 30

and though it Certainly mentions loving, and appreciating your wife..
It's by No means an Equalizing statement, it says how they should love their wives and then goes on again in the same vein about how the Husband should shape his wife to conform to what is best...

Metaphysics:
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 7:28:34 PM
At 3/27/2013 12:44:03 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
I bet you are...

This gave me the chuckles.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.